Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

More Giant Quarterback Possibilities

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-08-2004, 01:51 PM   #1
SKINS73
Special Teams

More Giant Quarterback Possibilities

Who would you least like to see a Giant, - although it is a long shot for them I would hate to see Brad johnson in a Giant uniform. It would just bring back painful memories of Jeff George...

From newjersey.com:

The Giants continue to search for a seasoned veteran to help bring along rookie Eli Manning. Here are some possibilities:

Kurt Warner: The Giants have talked to the former Super Bowl MVP. One question will be whether Warner, at 32, is willing to accept a backup/reduced role.

Brad Johnson: He hasn't gotten permission from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to talk to the Giants, but he may eventually get cut anyway.

Rich Gannon: Would appear to be a good choice, but you have to wonder, with his recent history of shoulder problems, if he could produce if called upon.

Vinny Testaverde: He's 40, but he did a great job helping out Chad Pennington with the Jets.

Jeff Blake: Only as a last resort.
SKINS73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-09-2004, 01:42 AM   #2
lou
Camp Scrub

Quite frankly, the only one I wouldnt be concerned about is Jeff Blake. But lucky for us we have a proven mentor and the toughest man in the NFL who will each battle for the starting job!
lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 02:05 AM   #3
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Eli already has a mentor, his name is Sean Taylor. And as long as we have Sean Taylor he will strive to make Eli a better QB by picking him off everytime until he learns ot make better reads.
Old 05-09-2004, 03:07 AM   #4
hi-jinx
Special Teams

I think out of those Vinny would have to most to teach. Warner always relied on quick decision and quick release and I dont think you can teach that. If Warner comes in I think he will want to start. Did I miss something is Gannon going somewhere? I thought he was still the Raiders starter. Blake and Johnson just dont bring much to the table IMHO. They arn't worth starting and can't help Eli in any way.
hi-jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 12:00 PM   #5
MTK
\m/

Out of that bunch the only one I'd be concerned about is BJ. Well, maybe Gannon, he might have another decent season left in him. Either way, whoever they bring in will be to just help Manning develop. The Giants seem committed to playing Manning early and often, even if it means it sets the team back a season.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 05:44 AM   #6
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

I just found out that the G-men picked up another rookie besides Eli, that giant QB/Monster from Kentucky. I don't know much about him except for the fact that he has a cannon of an arm and looks like a Giant Jon Kruk.
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote