Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Why does everyone say Gibbs is a crybaby?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-12-2006, 10:46 PM   #1
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Why does everyone say Gibbs is a crybaby?

Ok well maybe not everyone, but most of the people at the Cowboys forum. And they dont just say this bc they are Cowboys fans, they really mean it, and I have had arguements, but they dont understand. Most of the stuff that they think makes Gibbs a wuss, is bc he is always "complaining". But I think that this is bc Gibbs is a classy guy, who has respect for all his opponents regardless of the teams record. That why he was "complaining" about our scedule, not bc he is whiny. They really do not understand that Gibbs gives respect to everyone, by mentioning that everyone is tough, and he would rather not play them. They keep on bringing up the radio host issue, where they kept on asking Gibbs tough question. They also say that Gibbs complains about all the calls, and sends tapes back to the refs. I doubt he is complaining, he is just showing refs what he feels, and I think the claim he does it after every game may be exaggerated. I just think its a shame when people like Gibbs, who have class, are accused of being babies. It just shows what the world thinks of nice guys.

Advertisements
Old 04-12-2006, 10:50 PM   #2
That Guy
Living Legend

Re: Why does everyone say Gibbs is a crybaby?

if he talked about how much everyone else sucked, they'd be calling him a jack*** instead. Its a pointless arguement to have with dallas fans.

he does complain about the refs a lot though
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:52 PM   #3
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
if he talked about how much everyone else sucked, they'd be calling him a jack*** instead. Its a pointless arguement to have with dallas fans.

he does complain about the refs a lot though
what about the whole radio talkshow thing, what do you guys think about it?
Old 04-12-2006, 10:52 PM   #4
Schneed10
A Dude

Gibbs also doesn't like to give teams any bulletin board material. He's not going to come out and say "I like our schedule, I think we'll do well." Every team we'd play would get fired up to show that they're not a cake-walk.

I remember back in Gibbs' first term, Buddy Ryan started talking sh*t in the media saying Joe's team was soft (after the body bag game) and this and that. Gibbs was asked about Buddy Ryan's comments but he bit his tongue. Then when the Skins played the Eagles the next game, he told the players that Buddy Ryan called them soft and all this crap. They came out and the Hogs blew the birds 10 yards off the ball and beat the ever living crap out of them that game.

Gibbs is proud and he respects his opponents. But if you don't respect him back, he'll make you pay. So I hope everyone in Dallas keeps this up, because Gibbs will make them pay.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:56 PM   #5
NM Redskin
The Starter

Gibbs is by far not the only coach to bitch about the officials. He does it for a reason, cause it get the refs to make better calls or not make calls. It’s a tool in the arsenal. Believe me he doesn't do it to just complain. I think Gibbs doesn’t come across as the stereo typical meat head disciplinarian that is in the NFL and they see that as being weak. Gibbs is just one of those people that is unique and probably gives a rats ass what people think about his grips against the refs. Also he usually has a good point.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:50 AM   #6
mcalderone10
Special Teams

last time i checked Skins 2 unimportant 0
Old 04-13-2006, 08:13 AM   #7
dmek25
MVP

can anyone name one coach in this league that doesnt bitch about the refs?
Old 04-13-2006, 08:18 AM   #8
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

We'll see who's crying and whining when Gibbs gets his fourth Vince Lombardi trophy.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:22 AM   #9
Sociofan
Special Teams

I don't think I'd ever heard Joe called "soft" or "whiny" before. In general, he handles his reprimands (including well deserved ones to the league) behind closed doors. That's not being whiny, that's being professional. He's a competitor and a proud man. If he raises a stink to the league, you can be pretty sure it's a legitimate beef. All he wants is a fair playing field for his guys to play on. We've all seen how many games over the past few years have been called 'against' the Skins. I don't know if it is a dislike for Snyder or what, but for some reason, I too have seen a lot of poor officiating against Washington. So, whatever Crybaby fans are whining about, be it Joe or TO or whatever, they have no credibility here.
Sociofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:54 AM   #10
MTK
\m/

Don't listen to cryboy fans.
MTK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:35 AM   #11
freddyg12
Playmaker

In Gibbs’ first year back we got really screwed w/bad calls, 2 probably cost us games – the terrible pass int. against walt harris in the 1st Dallas game, and the illegal motion on thrash against green bay that negated a go-ahead td by portis.
Gibbs’ “whining” must have worked because if anything I thought we got the benefit of a few bad calls in 05. We might not have beaten seattle if it weren’t for a terrible pass int. call that gave us a 1st & goal on a 3rd down play.
This is just dallas fans trying to win the tuna v. gibbs debate. No matter what they say, Gibbs is in the hall of fame.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:40 AM   #12
TrustinGibbs
Special Teams

Coaches bitch about officals because they care about their team and dont want them short changed by bad calls. Don Shula, you know the guy with more wins than any coach in history...he wa notorious for whining about the officals...and he was on the rules committy. Has Gibbs even voiced a beef about a bad call that wasn't completely supported by video?

I think it's great that Cowboy fans are back to bitching about the Skin's rather than the Eagles or Giants...says we taken a step up to me. That alot better than the irrelevancy we've had for most of the past decade.

Let the Boy's bitch and moan about Gibbs...we'll cook the Tuna again this year and well be the ones talking after those two games. Tuna will spend his press conferences dealing with the next suspension of Terrell Owens.
TrustinGibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:45 AM   #13
PSUSkinsFan21
The Starter

One word answer: Jealousy
Old 04-13-2006, 09:55 AM   #14
gibbs4life
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25
can anyone name one coach in this league that doesnt bitch about the refs?
thats what i,m thinking about as well.

this is what seperates the great coaches from the other coaches who are trying to be great.
ever since that body bag game it,s been payback ever since.
thats just joe being joe in all reality.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:00 AM   #15
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Parcells just eats the refs to fuel his enormous man tits.