Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Remembering 9/11

Parking Lot

Old 09-11-2007, 02:10 PM   #1
12thMan
MVP

Remembering 9/11

It's been six years ago today since the attack on our beloved country.

I think it's fitting to dedicate a simple, non-political thread to those who lost their lives on that day and to those who displayed courage and heroism.

We'll never forget.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-11-2007, 02:13 PM   #2
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Remembering 9/11

Kick his ass, Sea Bass.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:25 PM   #3
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Can you guys believe it was 6 years ago. Seems like just yesterday I was in my high school Spanish class when this happened. It was pretty shocking and unreal.

One of our professors today actually took out 10 minutes from class to talk about 9/11 and he allowed students to talk about what they felt and stuff they gone through. I thought it was a good experience. Several students were in NYC when this happened including a student who was 5 blocks away from the the Trade Center, in school, when it collapsed. He described the dust and debris coming towards the window almost engulfing the view.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:46 PM   #4
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Since 9/11/01 I know think I can really relate to the way people say they'll never forget the day they heard Kennedy was shot. I still remember that Tuesday like it was last week.
I first heard the reports from a professor, but there weren't many details so I think I just assumed it was a small engine plane and a pilot mistake. Then I got back to my dorm room and saw the TV and knew it wasn't just some accident. I think I basically spent the next 2 days glued to CNN. It was just so bizarre that I couldn't even wrap my head around the whole thing (it's still that way).

This is something you'll probably never hear from me again on this site, but I can't think of anything else to say:
God bless those who were killed on the planes that day.
God bless the rescue workers who gave their lives and absolutely defined heroism.
God bless the workers who have given of themselves in the aftermath to help restore the country; especially those who are now really feeling the effects (lung problems, cancer, etc.)
And may God bless every single person affected by that horrible day.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:56 PM   #5
dmek25
MVP

i really feel connected to my fellow Americans since this happened. out of all the bad that happened, i think we, as a country, realized there are still a heck of alot of good people around, that are willing to help, no questions ask
Old 09-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #6
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I remember it like it was yesterday, working in the newsroom watching it unfold then spending the next 7 days straight covering the story (sleeping on the floor at work)

My mom was very closely involved with the recovery process at the Pentagon. Hit her hard.

Bless them all
Old 09-11-2007, 05:06 PM   #7
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i really feel connected to my fellow Americans since this happened. out of all the bad that happened, i think we, as a country, realized there are still a heck of alot of good people around, that are willing to help, no questions ask
I agree. One of the things that struck me directly after the attacks was how caring people became. I suddenly was allowed into rush-hour traffic, people I didn't know said hello and put their hand on my shoulder, others just looked at me and smiled as if they realized how precious life was. There really are a lot of good people and I believe that people instinctively want to do good. But, I also believe that many people have forgotten just how tragic this event was and want to turn the other cheek. We all must NEVER FORGET.
Dlyne8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #8
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Seems like just yesterday, my how time flies.

Gone but NEVER FORGOTTEN! MAY GOD BE WITH ALL THE HURTING FAMILIES AND LOVED ONES ON THIS DAY THAT BRINGS BACK SUCH HORRIBLE MEMORIES!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:15 PM   #9
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Was traveling below lower Manhattan in the subway when the planes hit--was teaching an ethics class at Hunter College when I found out what had happened.

Seems like yesterday.

Never forget. Sometimes it takes a horrible thing to bring us together--wish it were otherwise, but that's the way things are.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #10
jsarno
Franchise Player

I have never had a flag pole on my house...never really thought about. I went out on saturday and bought a flag with pole and bracket and for the first time since I lived here, there is a flag waving on the front of my house in remembrance.

I remember being woke up by my wife saying one of the towers had been hit (remember I live in the Mountain time zone) I woke up and watched the whole thing. I was off that day so I watched it from every angle and every spin on every channel.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:19 PM   #11
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

I was working at home as my wife drove into DC. When the 2nd tower got hit I made the call for her to leave town. Took her 4 hours to get the 30 minutes home.

Terrible, Terrible day for sure.

peace
Old 09-11-2007, 09:27 PM   #12
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

My brother lived in New York.

I was just talking with him today about everything and it really made us kind of feel sad that no-one really does anything to remember anymore.

This really truly hit me hard, and it shouldn't have. I didn't know anyone that lost their lives, only many near misses. I'm thankful every day the amount of opportunity and love that this country is capable of.

Despite all the nay sayers, this is truly a day where we can sit back and reflect on all the amazing opportunities that this this country offers to everyone. God Bless the world, and God Bless America.

We'll never forget, and the memory of everyone who lost there lives will motivate me forever to strive for a better country.