Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Playbook

So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

Playbook

Old 11-25-2007, 05:52 PM   #1
paulskinsfan

So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

Ok, I started a thread where all Kook Aid drinkers could seek amnesty. The thread was going well until Smootsmack decided to put it into thread hell, not because he could logically dispute it, but because he disagreed with the idea in general. So, I go back to the Warpath Myth v. Reality thread, do we have the right to debate, or will the Kool Aid Drinkers, aka Smootsmack, control the site with their own personal ideas of what is and is not appropriate?
paulskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-25-2007, 05:55 PM   #2
saden1
MVP

Re: So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

There is freedom of intelligent speech. If you act like an idiot, you'll be treaded like an idiot.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:58 PM   #3
paulskinsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
There is freedom of intelligent speech. If you act like an idiot, you'll be treaded like an idiot.

So, acting like an "idiot" is disagreeing with the Kool Aid drinkers that this team is on the right path? Gimme a break, the Kool Aid drinkers have been exposed for what they are, blind followers of Gibbs 2.0.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:04 PM   #4
pdid5000
No new threads for you

Seems like any critiscm of campbell is always looked at as idiotic or dumb.
pdid5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:05 PM   #5
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskinsfan View Post
So, acting like an "idiot" is disagreeing with the Kool Aid drinkers that this team is on the right path? Gimme a break, the Kool Aid drinkers have been exposed for what they are, blind followers of Gibbs 2.0.

It's all about delivery. You do it with respect and thoughtfulnesses. Blaming certain individuals for how the season going is idiotic. Do you honestly think if we bring another coach in this team would fair any better? If your answer is yes, how so?

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:13 PM   #6
Ocliw
Special Teams

thoughtfulnesses?? sorry,couldnt resist
Ocliw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:13 PM   #7
paulskinsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
It's all about delivery. You do it with respect and thoughtfulnesses. Blaming certain individuals for how the season going is idiotic. Do you honestly think if we bring another coach in this team would fair any better? If your answer is yes, how so?

Ok, fair argument. I believe that bringing a different coach here would change things in the following manner:

1. I believe that a real "coach" would not want to also be a GM. In other words, a real coach coaches his players, and relies on a GM to evaluate and select certain talent.

2. A real coach does a much better job of clock management, and selecting plays to challenge. Joe Gibbs is horrible on both those counts. The guy cannot effectively challenge a play, and his clock managment has been god awful.

3. A real coach finds a way to win regardless of a few injuries. This ties back to the GM argument in No.1. Had we had the depth at the o-line through the draft, the injuries would not be such a big deal. Had we not traded away picks for Brandon Lloyd this would not be a big deal. Had we not traded away picks for Brunnel and T.J. Duckett, this would not be a big deal.

4. Either you call the plays or you do not. Don't sit here and tell me Al Saunders calls all the plays irrespective of Gibbs, that's bullshilt. Gibbs has the final say on play calling. So, it was Gibbs who decided to go for it on 4th down against the Bucs rather than kick a field goal. A real coach kicks the damb ball and takes the points.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:17 PM   #8
Cowell
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Ok, fair argument. I believe that bringing a different coach here would change things in the following manner:

1. I believe that a real "coach" would not want to also be a GM. In other words, a real coach coaches his players, and relies on a GM to evaluate and select certain talent.

2. A real coach does a much better job of clock management, and selecting plays to challenge. Joe Gibbs is horrible on both those counts. The guy cannot effectively challenge a play, and his clock managment has been god awful.

3. A real coach finds a way to win regardless of a few injuries. This ties back to the GM argument in No.1. Had we had the depth at the o-line through the draft, the injuries would not be such a big deal. Had we not traded away picks for Brandon Lloyd this would not be a big deal. Had we not traded away picks for Brunnel and T.J. Duckett, this would not be a big deal.

4. Either you call the plays or you do not. Don't sit here and tell me Al Saunders calls all the plays irrespective of Gibbs, that's bullshilt. Gibbs has the final say on play calling. So, it was Gibbs who decided to go for it on 4th down against the Bucs rather than kick a field goal. A real coach kicks the damb ball and takes the points.
I honestly think that our clock management has been much improved these last 3 weeks. Like today we called a timeout with 3:30 left, something we wouldn't have done 4 weeks ago we would saved those timeouts until after the 2 minute warning most likely.

We really needed that touchdown. The field goal would have changed nothing. We needed a touchdown and the coaches thought that our players where good enough to get a foot and a half.
Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:26 PM   #9
redskins5044
Playmaker

Gibbs has no fire left in him. he is done after this season. but i think we promote Greg Williams to Head coach and keep saunders as our offense coordinator. i think williams has what it takes to be a head coach.
redskins5044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:28 PM   #10
LMsexyAO
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Ok, I started a thread where all Kook Aid drinkers could seek amnesty. The thread was going well until Smootsmack decided to put it into thread hell, not because he could logically dispute it, but because he disagreed with the idea in general. So, I go back to the Warpath Myth v. Reality thread, do we have the right to debate, or will the Kool Aid Drinkers, aka Smootsmack, control the site with their own personal ideas of what is and is not appropriate?

You are really pissing everyone off, maybe that's why? This whole fucking "Kool Aid Drinkers" stereotype for anyone who thinks we have a GOOD football team is absolutely ridiculous. You act like you're the SAVIOR of all Redskins fans, the only one with the right answers, trying to open our eyes to the truth that Gibbs sucks.

Your thread was shut down because it's plain stupid. If Jason Campbell throws a touchdown pass instead of an interception everything changes. ONE PLAY changes the entire game and you don't have a leg to stand on.

Why do you insist on ATTACKING other fans?? "Allowing" them to "seek" amnesty? Who the fuck are you? WE ARE STILL A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM. YOU might not think so, that's YOUR opinion and you are entitled to it on this web site. STOP thinking that you're better than everyone else and that you are being repressed for trying to spread the truth.
LMsexyAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:29 PM   #11
Ocliw
Special Teams

I guess its politically correct to support Gibbs but thats a damn tall order as of late.
Ocliw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:32 PM   #12
paulskinsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMsexyAO View Post
You are really pissing everyone off, maybe that's why? This whole fucking "Kool Aid Drinkers" stereotype for anyone who thinks we have a GOOD football team is absolutely ridiculous. You act like you're the SAVIOR of all Redskins fans, the only one with the right answers, trying to open our eyes to the truth that Gibbs sucks.

Your thread was shut down because it's plain stupid. If Jason Campbell throws a touchdown pass instead of an interception everything changes. ONE PLAY changes the entire game and you don't have a leg to stand on.

Why do you insist on ATTACKING other fans?? "Allowing" them to "seek" amnesty? Who the fuck are you? WE ARE STILL A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM. YOU might not think so, that's YOUR opinion and you are entitled to it on this web site. STOP thinking that you're better than everyone else and that you are being repressed for trying to spread the truth.

First off, I love JC and he was one of the few good pickups of this regime. He is a legit bad ass in this league. Next, why am I "stupid" because I think this team is headed to hell in a handbasket? If Campbell makes the TD throw then what? We barely beat a team with their backup QB and no running game, gimme a break lady. WE ARE NOT A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM. And I think Im being repressed because my threads are mysterioulsy snubbed.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:36 PM   #13
paulskinsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMsexyAO View Post

I love this part:

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts........

Whatever, the game is what it is, and the head coach takes responsibility. This team is done, and Joe Gibbs is the problem. Give me a new head coach and a GM and I'll then drink the kool aid for 3 years, Gibbs 3 years are done.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:41 PM   #14
MTK
\m/

C'mon PSF you're just trying to instigate. There are better ways to go about having this discussion.

If there was no freedom of speech here you certainly wouldn't be around, and you wouldn't be sporting annoying signatures all the time.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:43 PM   #15
jgalecpa
Special Teams

Quote:
First off, I love JC and he was one of the few good pickups of this regime.
Personally, I find the following were also good acquisitions ( in no particular order):

1. Chris Cooley
2. London Fletcher
3. Laron Landry.
4. Shaun Suisham
5. Sean Taylor
6. James Thrash, and I'll even throw in
7. Stephon Heyer ( a diamond in the rough).

I think the Redskins have been snake-bit this year by injuries. Some years that happens.

IMHO.

J-Dawg