Pacman Reinstated

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #16
jamf
Pro Bowl

Re: Pacman Reinstated

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES View Post
Sorry but Im going to have to disagree... Id say hes pretty damn close to being an elite corner and easily a top five returner...

Thug or not. The cowboys got a steal with him. As a Skins fan I can only hope he blows his chance on a strippers face and get suspended again...or he ruins team chemistry. Because on the field the guy can flat out play
I agree. He is a few months from being in top form but when he is on his game he is one of the best pure cover corners in the game.

With T.Newman, Dallas has a great CB tandem. I my opinion, Only Denver and GB have better starting corners.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-28-2008, 05:14 PM   #17
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES View Post
Sorry but Im going to have to disagree... Id say hes pretty damn close to being an elite corner and easily a top five returner...

Thug or not. The cowboys got a steal with him. As a Skins fan I can only hope he blows his chance on a strippers face and get suspended again...or he ruins team chemistry. Because on the field the guy can flat out play
I agree, Pacman is a young and talented football player. He is a diffrence maker at a position (CB)that is very important. This move by itself is significant, when you add in all the other shrewd moves, like Tank Johnson and thier drafts, the Cowboys defense on paper is the most talented in the NFC. Of course as we Redskins fans learned the hard way during Snyder's crazy spending sprees in the early 2000's, talent on paper does not always translate on the field.
Their defense just took a big step with the addition of Pacman, he is that good. It gives your defense so much more room to blitz and overload the line of scrimmage when you can cover man to man well. Ask Greg Williams.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:41 PM   #18
GMScud
Swearinger

Found this on PFT:

TROUBLE PREDICTED FOR PACMAN

Posted by Mike Florio on August 28, 2008, 3:06 p.m.

Though Cowboys cornerback Pacman Jones has stayed out of trouble long enough to secure full reinstatement to the NFL, one league source with knowledge of the situation in Dallas has expressed to us an opinion that Pacman is on the path to more problems.

“My money is Pacman gets in trouble by Week Six,” the source opined, explaining that Pacman has been going out to clubs and “acting like a fool” during the past few weeks.

The challenge for the Cowboys will be to protect Pacman from himself for as long as Pacman is on the team. To date, the Cowboys have been generally successful in this regard; they’re still the only team in the NFL that hasn’t had an incident involving the long arm of the law since we started tracking arrests on a daily basis.

Then again, maybe they’re due.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:37 PM   #19
DarkKnight
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
This is complete garbage. The Cowboys knew they had the influence over the NFL to get him reinstated so they "gambled" on this high risk player.

There is NO reason this guy should be on an NFL field. I wish him ruptures of every tendon and/or ligament in all joints and/or extremities. The commisioner wanted to prove himself tough but will let S like this slide???? The guy is a pushover.
WOW! would you feel the same if this was your kid, and someone made the same commit........????????
Old 08-29-2008, 01:17 AM   #20
That Guy
Living Legend

[quote=DarkKnight;468572]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugelDisciple View Post
Terrible news, this jerk deserves to be in jail.

He dont deserve to be in jail unless you actually commit a serious crime..... he did his time let him play......he might actually turn it around.......what do you care there no money out your pocket?
so leaving a man doing his job permenantly paralyzed is only worth a 4 game suspension?

being a thug and hanging out with drug dealers is okay by you?

sorry, but we're going to have to disagree on this one.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:54 AM   #21
RedskinPete
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
WOW! would you feel the same if this was your kid, and someone made the same commit........????????
I know one thing this is a bad guy so he should do well in Dallas. Keep your kids and women inside during football season in Texas. The question is when will he blow it again?
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:19 AM   #22
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
If this was my kid than hopefully I would have instilled some semblence of right and wrong.

If he chooses to ignore that and operate on his own code than he should be subjected to the perils of his actions.

...in other words, my opinions are not swayed by biased external factors. Relation or not, when you make a bed you have to lie in it.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:32 AM   #23
Skinny Tee
The Starter

IRVING, Texas (AP)—Adam “Pacman” Jones let out an excited scream when he got the news he had waited so long to hear.

Pacman knows he's not through proving himself - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Why would you be excited at all if you were reinstated?...I get the idea that he's a football player and he'll get to play his favorite game, but if he had any remorse for the reason he was suspended in the first place he wouldn't be that happy.

The guy is excited that he got one over on the league and the commisioner himself. Even though good things are happening to him he should at least be thinking about the severity of the situation that got him suspended in the first place.

Save your glee because the guy confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life still can't walk but you can play football...and Pacman thinks justice is served...DBAG!

Last edited by Skinny Tee; 08-29-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:38 AM   #24
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Why would you sympathize/empathize with this piece of shit? At what point in your mind is it safe to assume someone has demonstrated a complete lack of character, judgment, regard for human life and common effing decency? Don't give me this "hasn't been convicted" b.s. either. Pleading down to a lesser charge or hiring a high-priced lawyer to get your ass out of a jam is NOT the same as innocent.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:57 AM   #25
over the mountain
Playmaker

he did his time let the man be. we are not his judge or jury but everyone is entitled to their opinions on the matter aswell.

id rather have a person learn from their mistakes and become a better person than go eye for an eye and have them rot in jail.

Pacman is not the first defensive player in the nfc east who was part of a group shooting at others . . . hit or miss the intention is the same.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:20 AM   #26
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
he did his time let the man be. we are not his judge or jury but everyone is entitled to their opinions on the matter aswell.

id rather have a person learn from their mistakes and become a better person than go eye for an eye and have them rot in jail.

Pacman is not the first defensive player in the nfc east who was part of a group shooting at others . . . hit or miss the intention is the same.
What are you trying to say because I don't think I like it.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:01 PM   #27
sandtrapjack
The Starter

[quote=That Guy;469053]
Quote:

so leaving a man doing his job permenantly paralyzed is only worth a 4 game suspension?

being a thug and hanging out with drug dealers is okay by you?

sorry, but we're going to have to disagree on this one.
So based on your post here, are we to assume that he should be permanently banned?

With that in mind are you saying that if one gets three moving violation trafficc tickets, they should loose thier drives license for life? There are no second chances in your world are there?

And would it have been fair and just had the NFL suspended Sean Taylor when he got into his legal troubles in Florida and couple years ago?

I do not condone the associations and affiliations of Jones's past, what matters is what he is doing today, and tomorrow.

A wise man once said "A catipillar is an ugly thing, but he will change".
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #28
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

[quote=sandtrapjack;469210]
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
So based on your post here, are we to assume that he should be permanently banned?

With that in mind are you saying that if one gets three moving violation trafficc tickets, they should loose thier drives license for life? There are no second chances in your world are there?

And would it have been fair and just had the NFL suspended Sean Taylor when he got into his legal troubles in Florida and couple years ago?

I do not condone the associations and affiliations of Jones's past, what matters is what he is doing today, and tomorrow.

A wise man once said "A catipillar is an ugly thing, but he will change".
Are you seriously drawing a parallel between setting events in motion which lead to lifetime paralysis (which often leads to premature death) and getting a speeding ticket? Trap, I've got no issue with you being a 'Boys fan on this board, you've always acquitted yourself well, but you are so far off base it's not even funny.

Thomas Paine
Old 08-29-2008, 12:07 PM   #29
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

to add to my previous post- if you show no regard for life- Pacman, Leonard Little, Mike Vick, Dennis Northcutt- if the reports are true- have no business playing a down in the NFL again. Maybe it's harsh, but setting such a consistent example is the only way to get through to these clowns for whom money and fame are the only "qualities" that matter.

Thomas Paine
Old 08-29-2008, 12:39 PM   #30
sandtrapjack
The Starter

[quote=BleedBurgundy;469211]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post

Are you seriously drawing a parallel between setting events in motion which lead to lifetime paralysis (which often leads to premature death) and getting a speeding ticket? Trap, I've got no issue with you being a 'Boys fan on this board, you've always acquitted yourself well, but you are so far off base it's not even funny.
Not my intent to draw any parallel's in that regard, I was merely trying to establish a comparison based on proportionate penalties to offenses.

But again the same could have been said about the events that lead up to Sean Taylor's transgressions in Miami a couple of years ago. He was obviously involved in, be it directly or indirectly, the felonious actions involving a firearm. He pled to a lesser charge. Jones did the same thing, and is assisting in the identification of the actual assailant.

So would it have been fair and just for the league to suspend Sean Taylor?
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote