Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Disc (frisbe) golf

Other Sports

Old 11-19-2008, 07:19 AM   #1
757SkinsGirl
Camp Scrub

Disc (frisbe) golf

I play at least once a month. I'm no good but I play. My b/f says I have potential to be good, I just can't seem to zing the disc like he can. Just wondering if anyone else plays? If so, what are some of the courses you've played at? Any tips? I play here. It's a nice course. Oddly enough, I have more problem in the open, less wooded (back 9) part of the course than in the front 9, which is heavily wooded.

...*sips coffee*
757SkinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-19-2008, 09:12 AM   #2
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Re: Disc (frisbe) golf

Washington and Lee University in Lexington, VA - Disc Golf Course Review I usually play here where I work. The biggest tip I can give you is to learn the 3 main types of throws. If you can get the hammer throw down, you'll do MUCH better.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:19 PM   #3
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

I play ultimate occasionally(typical college student..i know) and yeah it's really all about the hammer for distance.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:16 PM   #4
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

We have a great 18 hole course right near my work at University of Houston. I have a colleague who plays all the time and I played for the first time with him. It's a lot of fun, but, yeah, driving is hard, especially if you use on the real "driver" disks. It's a lot like real golf: every few holes you make a great shot that feels absolutely effortless. Then you try to exactly reproduce what you just did, and you shank it into the trees. A six pack or two really helps!
Old 11-19-2008, 03:20 PM   #5
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757SkinsGirl View Post
I play at least once a month. I'm no good but I play. My b/f says I have potential to be good, I just can't seem to zing the disc like he can. Just wondering if anyone else plays? If so, what are some of the courses you've played at? Any tips? I play here. It's a nice course. Oddly enough, I have more problem in the open, less wooded (back 9) part of the course than in the front 9, which is heavily wooded.

...*sips coffee*
I think I'm going to give it a try some time soon. I saw your link and I live a couple of miles from the Bennet's Creek Park course. I'm at that park about once a week when its warm because I launch my boat there. I would have never guessed they had 18 holes becasue I have only seen 3 or 4 of those basket things hanging up. I'm guess that you use different disc for different shots just like in golf?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:17 PM   #6
757SkinsGirl
Camp Scrub

Yea. There's long range and mid-range drivers, putters, The Beast, The Shark, goes on and on...I was thinking about taking Billy to try Bennets Creek. Neither of us knew it was there either.
757SkinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote