Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Invited a few of the Bucs Guys Over

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-11-2004, 08:34 AM   #1
CRT3
Impact Rookie

Invited a few of the Bucs Guys Over

I gave a open invitation to the Bucs fans on their forum to come and discuss the game on here. MAtty hope this is alright. Lets see if they actually know some football. I think they are pretty narrow minded.
CRT3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-11-2004, 09:18 AM   #2
MTK
\m/

As long as they add to the discussions and don't come with 'everybody sucks'
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 09:54 AM   #3
That Guy
Living Legend

there's a couple smart ones, LOTS of cheap shots were thrown from bucs fans... overall the couple intelligent posts rank them above the panthers forums i visited a while back... those guys thought 4-0 in the preseason was better than a fscking superbowl victory, and din't care about injuries or anything else... guess they're all 18-21...
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 10:30 AM   #4
moozician
Camp Scrub

Some are pretty good, but some of the most homerish are quite territorial. Please overlook that in your judgemnet of the Bucs Forum..
moozician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 11:36 AM   #5
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by moozician
Some are pretty good, but some of the most homerish are quite territorial. Please overlook that in your judgemnet of the Bucs Forum..
Welcome moozician. The reasonable ones I'll debate. The homerish, territorial ones I will goad - Mostly for my own enjoyment.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 11:45 AM   #6
Scurvy
Camp Scrub

Smile the invite

Yeah, ya got a couple smart-*** replies unfortunately. As for me, my bud ("Bonesaw") and I will be in Sect 123 row 12. Last year we took TONS of pics with many of you at the game. Most fans of the game are cool even in enemy territory. We wish we'd been better prepared, as we'd liked to have had copies of the pics. We were walking outside Fed-Ex and were just about to go in when coming at us was that black guy that dresses and a Native American (don't know his name). He just started shaking his head and smiling, and had to pose with us. We were supposed to send him a copy but the woman who took the pic no longer comes around, so I doubt he ever got one. Maybe we'll cross paths again. Maybe some of you saw us last year in our pirate-wear. Should ya this year, say hey. As for the game, I'm not sure what to expect primarily since it's game 1. I know what we are capable of, and I catch you guys on tv alot here in Central Va. Of course, we all know what Portis, Coles, Arrington and the like can do. I guess the biggest question on our side is the performance of the O-line that didn't play together much as a unit in pre-season. We shall see. G'luck on a healthy game to ya.
Scurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 11:50 AM   #7
Bucs4Gs
Camp Scrub

Smile

Hey! I take exception to this thread's name, what about the Buc Gals? I know as much or more about football than many men I've met. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this game and am glad for the Skin's fans to have their Guru back at the helm. It should be a great atmosphere on Sunday. I don't know that the schedulers were kind in putting the Bucs first for you, though. As your moderator posted, we have a few of Gibb's old followers on board our ship now, most notably Doug Williams. On the other hand, Monte makes adjustments to the defense every year. The Tampa 2 is a mixture of zone, man to man, etc. Our man coverage will be much better with the return of Brian Kelly who was out most of last year. We've gotten a ton of flack about our old players, and flack about replacing old players. I think Gru is getting tired of the talk and just wants to play! Anyway, the safety who was burned repeatedly last year was Lynch's replacement due to injury. His name was Tim Wansley, and I don't know if he's even on anyone's team this year. We've been grooming Jermaine Phillips and Dwight Smith (2 int TD at SB), so we're feeling much better about our safeties. Big #99 was let go because we had drafted his clone to replace him, and this is his year. McFarland will do well at NT, in fact I think our front four is the same that played during a large part of the SB game. Our LB's may arguably be the best, Derrick Brooks is a VERY fast, intelligent signal caller, Quarles is exceptionally talented (a PB player), and we moved Ronnie Lott's boy Ryan Nece to back up this year. He was replaced with Ian Gold (of the Broncos) who is very quick and instinctive.
We brought in one more new player this year than we did in 2002, and it was mostly to upgrade the ST. If you believe the "experts", we now have the best ST coverage in the league. I learned the value of that last year, they really do account for 1/3 of the results due to field position.
My biggest concern is the play of the OL. They haven't had much time to develop continuity. The two "old" players are the OT's, but their replacements are young and can start (one DID start last year) if they get injured. God Forbid! IF they can play well together, our offense will be fine. Brad is Brad, steady and smart. Garner is fully recovered and rested, and will play a lot the first 3 games due to Pittman's suspension. Alstott is the A-Train again, he's recovered from his neck injury and was seen dragging 5 defenders several yards recently. We also have another RB with great hands Jameel White. Too much is made over Meenan, would love to have him BUT his success lies as a #2 WR. Several of the players noted that Brown can do what Keenan did. Our young WR Charles Lee took over nicely for Keyshawn, and Galloway is a bonus of speed that we've lacked. We also have Shroeder who is speedy, and the "expert" pick for offensive rookie of the year in Michael Clayton. Our TE's are "experienced" reads "old", but we have a 2nd year TE I want to see out there named Will Heller. Will is 6'6, 250, can block, and has soft hands. I think he led the preseason in receptions. Gru will probably be using more of his famous 2 TE formations this year. All in all, the Bucs will be well prepared, rested and ready to show a few of their own surprises. Good luck to you all, and do you have any special activities planned for the opener? Beyond the F15 flyovers, etc?
Bucs4Gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 12:38 PM   #8
That Guy
Living Legend

no doubt the coaching is good on both teams... our weakness is mainly D-line and the safety spot taken by bowen/lott... our returns are decent, but not as good as they could be, and tupa's punting leg is a little weaker than i'd like... the rest of the D, the O and the ST coverage are pretty solid though.

from outside the bucs area, i see a slow offense and a weak kicker. I also see smaller D players (for speed), that portis MIGHT be able to take advantage of, but they're a good D with a system that works, so i doubt it'll be that easy.

there's a lot of question marks with so many (20+) player moves on both teams, and in addition, we've gone from the least to the most experienced coaching staff with a new system, so its really a hard game to call until its over.

either way, welcome and thanks for the posts

btw Bucs4Gs, what do you think of the skins (since you've got a more objective view)? hopefully you don't just remember the embarassment of spurrier
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 01:04 PM   #9
DefntlyDiffrnt
Camp Scrub

Appreciate the invite. I think all boards have their homers and we aren't without ours. We had some great conversations at the other board (DragnSlayrF31 over there) and I thought I'd check your forums out.

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of packages Gibbs puts together for this game. The guy was certainly a talent. Plus, I really need Portis to do well - he's go to make me some points to make up for E. James fumbling twice. ;-)

Here's to no injuries and a great game.
DefntlyDiffrnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 01:10 PM   #10
NY_Skinsfan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefntlyDiffrnt
The guy was certainly a talent.
Is.....Gibbs is talented not was talented...
NY_Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 01:38 PM   #11
DefntlyDiffrnt
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_Skinsfan
Is.....Gibbs is talented not was talented...
Well I don't presume to make an assumption like that when I've not seen the Skins play this year yet. But that's just me. I didn't say Gruden was a god either when he came into town to start coaching the Bucs. I gotta see before I make that call.

I'm still excited to see what he puts together though.
DefntlyDiffrnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 01:52 PM   #12
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I definitely expect a good game. I'm curious if the Bucs receivers can make big plays, because I'm not sure if the game relies on Charlie Garner that he'll be able to hold down the ship (pardon the pun.) The bucs do have speed and absolutely devestating plays in Rice, McFarlan, and Brooks (excuse spelling, please.) I also heard a rumor that Gruden has been putting together a package that will use Ronde Barber as a WR some, I'm curious to see how that works out. I just hope he has the same tendacy to put the ball on the ground as his brother does, at least in this game!

As far as the skins we will play very well early I feel, but I think as our starters at D line get tired we're in trouble. We don't have near the depth to be able to rotate the linemen around in key situations. Our LBs will play well and our secondary will do well. Or as well as it can do with the new emphasis. Luckily Smoot relies primarily on his speed to cover, but Springs could have some trouble. I want to see what Taylor does in a real-game experience. Either way, it's Week 1, and I'm happy as hell!

Here's to no injuries!
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 02:12 PM   #13
CRT3
Impact Rookie

Glad to see even the Daesal come up with some correct annalitcal views. They are brutal at the Bucs site. Hopefully the ones who like a good debate will visit. Thanks to all who are participating.

Now give me 2 strengths and weakness's of the Bucs. Bucs fans give me your view on the skins 2 weaknesse's and strengths.

Bucs Weakness 1. D-Line
2. Running Back

Bucs Strength 1. No Question - Chucky Boy
2. Brad Johnson(Hey, he was a Redskin who most of us liked, we went to Tony Banks and Jeff George after him, need I say more)
CRT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 02:59 PM   #14
Bucs4Gs
Camp Scrub

Cool

What do I think of the Skins? And yes, I remember Spurrier but didn't care for him at UF, either. (I also remwember Gibbs the first time around). I think about the same of the Skins as I do of the Bucs at this point, too early to say. If your OL plays well without Jensen, Portis should have a big year. We proved in '02 that "learning a new system" can be overcome, these guys are pros. The BIGGEST thing that is overlooked is "chemistry" IMO, with the parity in the league it's hard to get these guys working together and may take some time.

Ronde is lining up at WR a bit, I think it's Gru''s way of "having fun". He got a lot of static about putting Sapp in at TE last year, it wasn't to show any disrespect for other teams but rather letting his players have their fun. Sapp was a TE in high school. Brooks said he'd love to return a punt sometime, and we may see that, too.

Our strengths: #1: QB depth, Brad has command of this offense but Simms is doing well and Griese has come along fine. All have over 60% pass completion which is needed for this offense.

#2: Secondary- we're going to have a really ballhawking secondary this year, and they've made it a priority. ( 9 INT's in 4 preseason games )

Weaknesses: #1: OL continuity- The starting OL hasn't had much gametime together.
#2 Martin and the snapper's timing still being off (6/10 in preseason), and Martin's short kick offs.

If our OL gives Brad enough time, I think his rep for not having a strong arm will go by the wayside. In camp he was hitting Galloway for some 40-50 yarders. They still needed to work on the timing, because Joey was having to slow to catch them.

Overall, I guess we'll both have a better idea tomorrow evening as both teams enter with supposed question marks about how they'll do. I'm so glad the real games are finally here!
Bucs4Gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 05:46 PM   #15
SPQRBucs
Camp Scrub

Well, I saw the invite on the Bucs forum so I decided to come over and check it out.

I, myself, like the Redskins. I began liking them even more when I watched the '99 playoff game against the Bucs. Sorry I had to. I think this weekends game will be a good one and I hope both teams make it through the game without any injuries.

Good luck in your season.... except for Week 1 and I hope you guys can finally get Philly from the top of the division. I should be around here a little bit, but mostly, you'll find me on the Bucs forum. Same name.

P.S. Can I have my own avatar?