Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Game Plan the 3rd Preseason Game

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-24-2009, 08:08 AM   #1
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Game Plan the 3rd Preseason Game

So here we are, the all-important 3rd preseason game is upon us. Suppose you were Zorn this week and had to plan for the game, how would you answer these questions?

1. How long do the starters play?

2. Who's the first QB off the bench?

3. Who's the second QB off the bench?

4. How would you manage the kicker battle?

Advertisements
Old 08-24-2009, 08:24 AM   #2
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Re: Game Plan the 3rd Preseason Game

1. Into the 3rd quarter unless they have been putting up alot of points. More than 2 scores(tds) and they dont start the second half. I also don't tell them how long they are gonna play. Portis, Moss, Haynesworth and a few others play most/all of the first quarter but sparingly after that. I also would like to see them start resting Orakpo. He is playing alot of snaps so far and we dont want him wearing down later in the season. Rookies are not used to playing 20 games a year.

2. Daniels. Why not?? Time to find out what you've got here. If Z pulls the starters after 2, I would really like to see what he could do playing against the 2s.

3. Brennan. I don't play collins at all. You know what you have there.

4. Rayner plays the whole game. Give him a chance to kick multiple times. His kickoffs were good, lets see him kick a couple of long fgs. SS plays all of the next game.
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:27 AM   #3
Southpaw
The Starter

1. How long do the starters play? Until they score a touchdown, or halftime. Whichever comes first.

2. Who's the first QB off the bench? Collins... I know. It's a boring and safe answer, but continuing to allow Colt to disappoint his followers could be a detriment to Pineapple Jesus t-shirt sales. And Colt Brennan II might not look as good against second teamers that may actually see playing time this year.

3. Who's the second QB off the bench? Colt. Maybe when he throws another goal line interception, we can finally end the infatuation with this one hit wonder... but probably not.

4. How would you manage the kicker battle? If there's not a huge difference in production, keep Suisham.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:36 AM   #4
MTK
\m/

1. Starters play the first half, maybe into the 3rd depending on how they are looking. Ideally I'd love to see at least 10 points on the board by the half.

2. Daniel is the first off the bench. I think based on last week's performance he deserves another extended look. Let him play most of the third and let Colt play the 4th. Collins has the #2 locked up, let him sit.

3. See above

4. Just keep alternating kicks
Old 08-24-2009, 09:22 AM   #5
dmek25
MVP

1. at least the first half. if you like what you see, that will be enough. if they aren't performing up to your expectations, then longer.
2. Daniel. you already know what you have in Collins and Brennen
3. Brennen. in my opinion, the 2 young guys are fighting for jobs
4. it really depends on how much kicking actually goes on. but Zorn knows what Suisham is all about. so i might go exclusively with the new guy
Old 08-24-2009, 09:25 AM   #6
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

1. Through the first half and one series each after the half. Get them to go through a half and come out after to practice that first drive.

2. Chase. As others have said, let's see what he can do against better competition. Collins sits for the night. Colt comes in if for the clean up in the 4th.

3. See above.

4. Raynor - we've seen Suisham all last year. Let's see what Raynor can do.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #7
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
1. Through the first half and one series each after the half. Get them to go through a half and come out after to practice that first drive.

2. Chase. As others have said, let's see what he can do against better competition. Collins sits for the night. Colt comes in if for the clean up in the 4th.

3. See above.

I agree with this.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:56 AM   #8
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Play the starters for the first half.
Colt has played cleanup the past 2 weeks. I believe he comes in 2nd. like you said we know where TC is.
I mean lets face it, Chase made good throws but look at the situation. Mitchell 6-4 covered by a 5-10 corner who will be pumping gas next week. who wins? Mitchell has been giving our starters fits in practice, the guy can play.
Fred Davis our 2nd round TE who is pretty good when he holds onto the ball ran right past the man in coverage on the td. He was pumped after forcing the fumble and had a point to prove after last weeks game.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:23 AM   #9
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

It's preseason remember, if Colt had thrown that TD you'd be going crazy. Give Chase his due a TD is a TD i don't care who you score it on if the DF puts a 5-10 DB on a 6-4 WR who's to blame. OF Starters have to play the first half or at least 10 points whatever comes first. We sit TC unless there's a chance he might get cut we already know what we have with him. Colt for the 3rd qtr & chase 4th qtr. Rayner kicks 1st half & Suishan 2nd half.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #10
skindeep
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So here we are, the all-important 3rd preseason game is upon us. Suppose you were Zorn this week and had to plan for the game, how would you answer these questions?

1. How long do the starters play? I'd play the offense til they look a little smoother. Im not really concerned about the whole scoring deal the ball movement is my concern. I want to see speed coming out the huddle. The scoring will happen you can count on that. So offense 2nd qtr.,The D not to long 1st qtr.

2. Who's the first QB off the bench? Chase, I want to see what we have in him. There seems to be some good competion ahead for the 3rd spot I'd like to see T.Collins cut and some youth. But the only way that happens is great playing by Colt and Chase.

3. Who's the second QB off the bench?Colt, No Collins I want to see this to young guys show us who is better with equal playing time.

4. How would you manage the kicker battle?Split the playing time evenly and let them battle for it.
Im excited of what Ive seen so far I can just imagine what they will look like in mid-season form. I just question the secondary, but it is still pre-season. Right.
skindeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:47 AM   #11
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post

3. See above.

Sounds good.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #12
backrow
The Starter

1. How long do the starters play? I'd play the offense til they look a little smoother. Im not really concerned about the whole scoring deal the ball movement is my concern. I want to see speed coming out the huddle. The scoring will happen you can count on that. So offense 2nd qtr.,The D not to long 1st qtr.
2. Who's the first QB off the bench? Chase, I want to see what we have in him. There seems to be some good competion ahead for the 3rd spot I'd like to see T.Collins cut and some youth. But the only way that happens is great playing by Colt and Chase.
3. Who's the second QB off the bench?Colt, No more Collins I want to see these two young guys show us who is better with equal playing time.

4. How would you manage the kicker battle?Split the playing time evenly and let them battle for it.

The above copied from SkinDeep! It wouldn't copy when I tried the Quote button!

Agreed! Cut Collins now!

#1 Defense in through the half, and one possession in 3rd qtr.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #13
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

1. How long do the starters play?

2. Who's the first QB off the bench?

3. Who's the second QB off the bench?

4. How would you manage the kicker battle?
1. the defense needs to play perhaps a half. I'd play the starting offense 3 quarters and they need to throw the ball 90% of the time.

2. Collins needs to be 1st off the bench cause he may need to play this year. He also needs reps. I don't need to see Daniels or Brennan. Let them play the last game.

4. Kicker battle? I'm not worried about the kicking battle cause the offense can't seem to move the ball to get into FG range.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #14
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

1. I'd give the starters the full first half

2. Colt

3. Chase

We already know what TC brings. He's either good enough to continue as the #2 or he really has no place on this team. So I'm not worried about playing him.

I don't really see the need of giving Chase more time against better competition. I don't think right now the question with Chase is can he be the #2 QB. I think, at best, he's the #3 this year. And that's not a bad thing, the #3 guy is usually a guy you think can actually be a starter in 2-3 years. But let's not rush him into even being the #2 quite yet

Colt, on the other hand, is a guy who was expected to challenge for the #2 spot. So let's see if he can.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #15
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
1. I'd give the starters the full first half

2. Colt

3. Chase

We already know what TC brings. He's either good enough to continue as the #2 or he really has no place on this team. So I'm not worried about playing him.

I don't really see the need of giving Chase more time against better competition. I don't think right now the question with Chase is can he be the #2 QB. I think, at best, he's the #3 this year. And that's not a bad thing, the #3 guy is usually a guy you think can actually be a starter in 2-3 years. But let's not rush him into even being the #2 quite yet

Colt, on the other hand, is a guy who was expected to challenge for the #2 spot. So let's see if he can.
Good point SS. If he can beat out TC, doubtful but possible, I believe they really want him to, I doubt they would keep TC at #3 and Chase could make the team if Zorn likes what he sees in him. Futurewise, this is probably the best case scenario. I don't think anyone in the organization is ready to write Colt off just yet and Daniel needs to prove he can do it again.