Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Portis and Cooley Calling Out an Offensive Teammate?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #91
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: Portis and Cooley Calling Out an Offensive Teammate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Good Offenses don't let Defenses take their play-makers out of the game. That's just another pathetic excuse by a pathetic Offense. You think Santana gets any more attention that Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, Larry F, Roddy White, Greg Jennings, Reggie Wayne or just about every other #1 receiver in the league? And yes, those teams have other weapons, but we have 5 players on Offense that have played in the pro-bowl - Sellers, Samuels, Cooley, Portis, Moss. Plenty of options and not a valid reason for averaging 16 points a game over the last 17 games.
Santana Moss, playmaker?! What year are we in?

Advertisements
Old 09-16-2009, 10:29 PM   #92
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Santana Moss, playmaker?! What year are we in?
Can we have 3 slot receivers at all times?
Old 09-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #93
The Goat
Pro Bowl

I think Portis' and Cooley's comments are awesome. It does call out the unit as a whole but I suspect by now they've watched the film and seen the INT up close. Tana should be embarrassed already but maybe (even though CP and Tana are friends) this will light a little fire under him to not take plays off this season. I hope the whole unit comes out swinging Sunday w/ a very aggressive scheme (that's on Zorn) and awesome execution!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 01:56 AM   #94
tootergray34
Impact Rookie

Could not agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trample the elderly View Post
they have the team to blow people up. Other teams have done so with less. If no one else will say it i will, santana moss gives up on plays. He doesn't do his job. Bench his ass and put in malcolm kelly or marko mitchell. They're eager and hungry to prove they can do it. Let moss get out of the dog house by running back punts and kicks.
tootergray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:15 AM   #95
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
And who were Brady's receivers when he won those 3 Super Bowls? I can only name the future hall of famer, Deion Branch
That is the point I was making with San Diego that you are trying to make with NE. They didn't have pro bowl caliber receivers on offense beside LT and Gates until they drafted receivers in the past few years. But they still were putting up points even when Brees was there. I am saying that we have the players but we dont utilize them well and have a scheme that is molded to our players strengths.

Looking at my previous posts. I really need to check for typos..lol
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:34 AM   #96
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
They have the team to blow people up. Other teams have done so with less. If no one else will say it I will, Santana Moss gives up on plays. He doesn't do his job. Bench his ass and put in Malcolm Kelly or Marko Mitchell. They're eager and hungry to prove they can do it. Let Moss get out of the dog house by running back punts and kicks.
Well like I stated on another thread S.Moss did not show up to play. He let Webster get in his head early and he was a nonfactor. I trust that S. Moss has some pride and he will have a big day against the Rams. ( 5 rec. 110yds 1td).
Old 09-17-2009, 04:47 AM   #97
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Just about every time I saw Kelly he was blanketed.
No that was Santana Moss who was blanketed by Jason Webster. I think it was a burgandy blanket.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:52 AM   #98
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Good Offenses don't let Defenses take their play-makers out of the game. That's just another pathetic excuse by a pathetic Offense. You think Santana gets any more attention that Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, Larry F, Roddy White, Greg Jennings, Reggie Wayne or just about every other #1 receiver in the league? And yes, those teams have other weapons, but we have 5 players on Offense that have played in the pro-bowl - Sellers, Samuels, Cooley, Portis, Moss. Plenty of options and not a valid reason for averaging 16 points a game over the last 17 games.
Your wrong on that because Andre Johnson of the Texans was taken out of the game against the Jets. Go look at his stats and see for yourself. CB Reves of the Jets heald him in check.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:56 AM   #99
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
Your wrong on that because Andre Johnson of the Texans was taken out of the game against the Jets. Go look at his stats and see for yourself. CB Reves of the Jets heald him in check.
AJ's not going to be held in check very often. Revis is the goods.
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:58 AM   #100
skins89moss
Playmaker

I'm just glad that CP and Cooley had the balls to call out the offense as a whole to do better. I think our players on offense all believe that they can play better and they will. A true leader will speak up and say what needs to be said to that individual that needs to step up his game. We need for our guys to be hungry for success this year. HTTR.