About that BOOOING at FED Ex Field

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-21-2009, 01:21 PM   #16
FRPLG
MVP

Re: About that BOOOING at FED Ex Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
All fair points hooskins. However, do you think the players know who is being booed, or do you think the fans are just booing the team in general? I personally don't think it's fair to boo an entire team, which consists of dozens of players, coaches, trainers, etc., simply because a few guys made mistakes.
How do you boo just the few who deserve it then? They win as one and fail as one. Plain and simple yesterday they pooped the field. Every single one of them got booed and deserved it to me. Even if they didn't do anything wrong. If I was a trainer for them I would have been embarrassed to be part of it.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2009, 01:24 PM   #17
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
In addition to those of us that absolutely love the Redskins and football. And have for over 20 years. So making me pay the prices that are outrageous to see a true passion of mien for the last 20 to 25 years, and then putting that crap on the field, yeah, I think there is a money argument too. Again, you can take back a product you are satisfied with, but you cant take back a ticket. Season ticket holders in long term deals get even screwed more because they have to pay despite the front office incompetence. You get what you pay for, but not in DC. FANS are PAYING to keep the franchise in DC and competitive, paying premium prices over many,. many other markets, shoudln't we expcect wise investments?
Sorry, but wrong. No one is "making" you buy the tickets. You choose to. Buying the ticket, at whatever price, grants you the opportunity to boo or cheer as you see fit. Whether the tickets are too expensive or not is irrelevant.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:37 PM   #18
KLHJ2
Inactive

If they don't want to be bood then they need to start scoring some TD's. That is the only way to fix this. I do not understand how you can be a player and not feel miserable about not getting in the endzone as a team. If they don't like it, tough. I don't like penalties, mistakes, and poor offensive football, but I have to deal with it. In return they have to deal with my disgust.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #19
roth74va
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Sorry, but wrong. No one is "making" you buy the tickets. You choose to. Buying the ticket, at whatever price, grants you the opportunity to boo or cheer as you see fit. Whether the tickets are too expensive or not is irrelevant.
It is not irrelevant, people may as well have paid to watch a high school game. The product clearly doesnt match the price of admission, if your not satisfied, its your right to boo if thats your wish!!! I didnt boo, but the ride home was spent wondering how we are so pathetic while having one of the highest payrolls in the NFL. Sad to see my once mighty Skins, reduced to a pile of crap that the rest of the league is laughing at.
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:44 PM   #20
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roth74va View Post
It is not irrelevant, people may as well have paid to watch a high school game. The product clearly doesnt match the price of admission, if your not satisfied, its your right to boo if thats your wish!!! I didnt boo, but the ride home was spent wondering how we are so pathetic while having one of the highest payrolls in the NFL. Sad to see my once mighty Skins, reduced to a pile of crap that the rest of the league is laughing at.
First...we're not baseball, everyone has a salary cap last time I checked.

Second, we are not a pile of crap and no one is laughing at us.

Third, fans had the right to boo, they pay for a ticket, they expect a better showing.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:44 PM   #21
MCWHITEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
All fair points hooskins. However, do you think the players know who is being booed, or do you think the fans are just booing the team in general? I personally don't think it's fair to boo an entire team, which consists of dozens of players, coaches, trainers, etc., simply because a few guys made mistakes.
who cares what they think or how the feel. This team flat out sucksballs. Stop sugar coating all of this.
MCWHITEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:45 PM   #22
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
True. No one does make me. But if it is something I'm passionate about and am use to seeing, then i would pay the price. But did i get my money's worth. Now, the people stuck in 10 year contracts, that is different. They are made to stay in their contract despite a crappy product.

Putting the word 'making' in there was a wrong choice of words. I guess it can be described more as being a passionate fan for 25 to 30 years, you wanna go see the team. Dan Snyder wants to rip you for that privilege, but then puts this mediocrity product out there. In other words, because of his high prices and his crappy product I was robbed of a product i enjoyed for 25 years.

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #23
MCWHITEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
First...we're not baseball, everyone has a salary cap last time I checked.

Third, fans had the right to boo, they pay for a ticket, they expect a better showing.
What is the address of the cave you live in or the rock you just crawled out from under??
MCWHITEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #24
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roth74va View Post
I don't disagree that people can boo. In fact boo I did yesterday. My point is that how much you pay for a ticket is irrelevant. People who pay for the $29 obstructed view tickets have no less right to boo than those who for the $99 tickets. Or for fans at home. Fans can boo. Whether you pay for tickets or not means nothing. We're not paying to be fans, we're paying to be at the game in person.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #25
bigmarley4
Special Teams

You buy a night at the Ritz, you expect world class luxury. You shell out a couple hundred bucks for to see the Skins, you expect to see a worthy performance. If your night at the Ritz sucks, you are sure as hell gonna complain -- if my team sucks, they get booed.
bigmarley4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:52 PM   #26
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCWHITEY View Post
What is the address of the cave you live in or the rock you just crawled out from under??
What, you want me to be like you and post nothing but mindless negative rants about the team?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:54 PM   #27
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

It's kind of funny how the biggest complaint up until yesterday was that FedEx was filled with a bunch of "transient suits" at the games who couldn't care less about the Redskins. And when the place had fans, it was generally fans of the other team
Old 09-21-2009, 01:56 PM   #28
bigmarley4
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
It's kind of funny how the biggest complaint up until yesterday was that FedEx was filled with a bunch of "transient suits" at the games who couldn't care less about the Redskins. And when the place had fans, it was generally fans of the other team
exactly -- we show passion, and now its bad. fans are not mindless cheering machines that always react positively no matter what the team does.
bigmarley4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:57 PM   #29
roth74va
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Dude...your wrong! We have alot of talent, but we are not playing up to our potential.
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:57 PM   #30
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
True. No one does make me. But if it is something I'm passionate about and am use to seeing, then i would pay the price. But did i get my money's worth. Now, the people stuck in 10 year contracts, that is different. They are made to stay in their contract despite a crappy product.

Putting the word 'making' in there was a wrong choice of words. I guess it can be described more as being a passionate fan for 25 to 30 years, you wanna go see the team. Dan Snyder wants to rip you for that privilege, but then puts this mediocrity product out there. In other words, because of his high prices and his crappy product I was robbed of a product i enjoyed for 25 years.
A) The argument that Snyder puts a crap product out there is hollow. He isn't trying to put a crap product out there. You can vilify him for doing a poor job of it but he definitely does try to make a winner. That has to be worth something

B) You buy tickets in a package. 10 a year...you know what they cost and here's the kicker...you assume a risk when you buy them. You are risking that they are going to suck. You can't buy them and argue that you didn't get your "money's worth." Your "money's worth" includes that assumption of risk. Now you'll get to decide if you want them next year. Maybe you'll decide that it just isn't worth the risk anymore. But, for now, you are getting exactly what you paid for. 10 tickets to see football games live in person. No guarantee that they'll be any good.

Look I was there and I booed. I booed because they sucked and I am a huge fan and wanted them to know that what they were doing wasn't acceptable to me as a fan. That I had bought a ticket never crossed my mind since it had nothing to do with the dissatisfaction. I wasn't anymore dissatisfied because I was there than had I not been. The Redskins don't "owe" me or you anymore when we go to a game than when we watch it on TV. You're a fan...they owe you a certain amount effort and success regardless of whether you're there. How much? Now that is pretty debatable.