Would you rather be 0-2

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #61
44Deezel
The Starter

Re: Would you rather be 0-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I would say that scoring 9 points when you fail to get in the end zone 4 times from inside the 10 and 5 times from inside the 20 is, by it's very definition, close. I actually don't think putting it any other way would describe it better.

Awful playcalling aside, let's assume perfect offensive execution. Dream scenario, but lets say DT catches his TD, and Sellers catches his. Red Zone playcalling is not one iota better but we score 20 points instead of 9 (assuption -- Suisham makes a FG on that last drive). We win a 20-7 blowout.

I'd say that we didn't miss by much. There's not much St. Louis can say that "if we had just did this one thing, we would have beaten them". Yeah, convert that 4th quarter fumble into a TD, and they might have won, but that also would have required them to score the third TD of the year against our defense, which they proved they didn't have the firepower to do.
That's a borderline retarded statement. We win by 2 points and the other team who fumbled inside their own 10 is supposed to walk away thinking they had zero chance to win the game? The team that scored the only TD of the game? Meanwhile, the Giants man-handle the Skins last week and everyone talks about how they were only 4 or 5 plays away from winning the game.

So in the Rams locker room there was a conversation that went like this,

Rams player 1 - "Man, we should have won that game. If only we didn't fumble that ball away."

Rams player 2 - "Oh hells no! Don't you know that was the Redskins Defense out there. No one, and I mean no one scores on them. They LET us march down the field on them only to run down the clock. They knew they could get a fumble whenever they wanted. And don't even think for one second we could have kicked a field goal and won 10-9. They would have blocked it and returned it for a TD. Best Defense of all time! I said ALL TIME."

Rams player 1 - "Oh"

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2009, 10:08 PM   #62
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
That's a borderline retarded statement. We win by 2 points and the other team who fumbled inside their own 10 is supposed to walk away thinking they had zero chance to win the game? The team that scored the only TD of the game? Meanwhile, the Giants man-handle the Skins last week and everyone talks about how they were only 4 or 5 plays away from winning the game.

Rams player 1 - "Man, we should have won that game. If only we didn't fumble that ball away."

Rams player 2 - "Oh hells no! Don't you know that was the Redskins Defense out there. No one, and I mean no one scores on them. They LET us march down the field on them only to run down the clock. They knew they could get a fumble whenever they wanted. And don't even think for one second we could have kicked a field goal and won 10-9. They would have blocked it and returned it for a TD. Best Defense of all time! I said ALL TIME."

Rams player 1 - "Oh"
Um, you do realize you have no logical ability whatsoever?

If you don't understand what I'm saying, you can ask me to clarify myself. Otherwise, I'm apparently just supposed to watch you insult me, and then respond to a point I didn't make.

You're also assuming that if the Redskins had been down 10-9 in a worst case scenario kind of thing, Suisham would have missed the FG attempt on the final drive. Get real.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:12 PM   #63
roth74va
Special Teams

Quote:

Rams player 1 - "Oh"
Deez if I ever want some of the "good stuff", now I know who to get it from. Your kinda like Kanye, I somewhat agree with what your saying, but your delivery is totally whack!!!
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:17 PM   #64
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
You've got a good point here. We got pushed around by the Giants much like the Rams got pushed around by us. It goes both ways. We dodged a bullet yesterday just as much as the Giants did a week ago IMO, maybe more so.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:22 PM   #65
cdskins26
Special Teams

Think about how many 0-2 teams make the playoffs. Not a whole lot. Had we thrown that game away like we so nearly did, we would need at least a 9-5 or 10-4 record to even consider the playoffs. Take a win where you can and hope for good against the Lions.
cdskins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:30 PM   #66
DIRTEE
Special Teams

Quote:

Rams player 1 - "Oh"
That's pretty funny. I was having a sheeety day and your Rams locker room convo made me laugh. Skins' fans are #1.
DIRTEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:49 AM   #67
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari View Post
Maybe I'm just too much of a half full type of person, But by the vibes on the warpath you would think that we were WINLESS (Rams, Titans, Bucs, Dolphins, Jaguars, Chiefs, Panthers, Lions, Browns). At the end of every season you look back at every game and say "if we just won that one game we would've made it to the playofffs" (Rams game last year). A win is a win lets go to Detroit next week put up 38 and stay focused.

And our defense is GREAT after seeing what Eli did to the Cowboys last night in comparison to us, and how we almost ended Marc Bulgers season on sunday. I'm very encouraged about the rest of the season.

So I ask would you rather be 0-2??? The Patriots put up 3fgs and got a L......
Well, you are certainly right, but the feelings of fear are valid. The team will not succeed if they play like this offensively. Averaging 13 points a game won't win you games in the NFL. How long of a leash do we need to give until we realize that our offensive strategies suck and we need better key players? We are wasting away a very talented defense with the underachieving offense.
I, just like all of you, are hoping and praying that we turn it around and nothing will make us feel better than to put up 30+ vs lions even though they are the lions, we need it.

I am still upset that my buddy came to me and asked "Hey the Rams are a 10 point underdog, who would you take?" Without hesitation I said "take the Rams, they beat us last year and our offense is way off from being an NFL caliber offense." The fact that I said that out loud actually bothered me, and the fact that I was dead right bothered me even more. We need and deserve better than this!

Here's to hoping that the offensive struggles are just a bad dream and we will snap out of it immediately.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:09 PM   #68
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Loaded question

it's like would you rather get a hummer from a guy or not one at all

there's a lot more to it than the outcome
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote