Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Tickets!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-16-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Tickets!

I know we're supposed to be boycotting the team and all, but I thought I'd give a heads up to all of you die hards.

Check out Craig's List Richmond under Tickets. There are a lot of Skins game tickets available. I wonder why?

Advertisements
Old 10-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #2
budw38
Playmaker

Re: Tickets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
I know we're supposed to be boycotting the team and all, but I thought I'd give a heads up to all of you die hards.

Check out Craig's List Richmond under Tickets. There are a lot of Skins game tickets available. I wonder why?
Too bad for Steelers fans they arent playing us , we know they love to see a live fooball game at FEDEX .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:14 PM   #3
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Trample the Elderly:

Any and all tix on Craig's List have already been bought and paid for. The money is already in the Redskins' coffers. Boycotting those tickets would be a truly impotent gesture.

If anyone is going to try to organize a real ticket boycott - - for the record, I doubt that one could be organized and maintained for long - - then what has to happen is fans have to stop buying season tix and fans have to stop buying single game tix from the Redskins corproate partners who sell "second hand" tix for the Skins. That is the only way to take $$$ out of the Skins' revenue streams.
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

OR.........hypothetically speaking a fan would have to feel no guilt if they were attending the game wth such a ticket?
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
Riggo44
The Starter

Go Redskins!!!:frusty: I'll still be going to the Raiders and Chargers games. I sure hope we can win at least one of them!!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:39 PM   #6
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
Trample the Elderly:

Any and all tix on Craig's List have already been bought and paid for. The money is already in the Redskins' coffers. Boycotting those tickets would be a truly impotent gesture.

If anyone is going to try to organize a real ticket boycott - - for the record, I doubt that one could be organized and maintained for long - - then what has to happen is fans have to stop buying season tix and fans have to stop buying single game tix from the Redskins corproate partners who sell "second hand" tix for the Skins. That is the only way to take $$$ out of the Skins' revenue streams.
The Skins are official partners of Stub Hub, so I suppose if everyone avoided buying tickets from there it might help a bit. But ultimately you're right, people would need to cancel their season tickets in order really impact the team, but then there's the lawsuits...
Old 10-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
OR.........hypothetically speaking a fan would have to feel no guilt if they were attending the game wth such a ticket?
I would not feel one bit of guilt.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:48 PM   #8
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
The Skins are official partners of Stub Hub, so I suppose if everyone avoided buying tickets from there it might help a bit. But ultimately you're right, people would need to cancel their season tickets in order really impact the team, but then there's the lawsuits...
Most people do not buy their tickets with a long term contract and they can drop that at anytime because its already paid for. These people who signed those long term deals are the ones that are stuck.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:56 PM   #9
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Most people do not buy their tickets with a long term contract and they can drop that at anytime because its already paid for. These people who signed those long term deals are the ones that are stuck.
I know, I just joking.

Back to the point of the thread. I heard that ticket prices on broker sites have reached a 10 year low. There are always a lot of way fans when we play the cowboys/giants/eagles, so I think this year is going to be nuts.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:12 AM   #10
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
Trample the Elderly:

Just putting it out there for people who want tickets.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:36 AM   #11
SkinDogg
Special Teams

You can find $25 tix on StubHub, up $15 from Tuesday. For real. This has to be a 30+ year low.
SkinDogg is offline   Reply With Quote