wtf is the deal w/ cutler

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-13-2009, 02:15 PM   #46
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: wtf is the deal w/ cutler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eknox View Post
Campbell has also shown he can't hit open receivers, anticipate routes, read a defense correctly, and the excuse train keeps getting bigger, new coach, new system, he's young, o-line, when do we stop making excuses and show his ass the door, between JC and Cutler give me Cutler any day my friend..
You can have him. For like a fourth round pick.

Dan Snyder is not a good businessman. Pat Bowlen is an excellent businessman.

Advertisements
Old 11-13-2009, 02:24 PM   #47
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
He's been going through a rough time all year. 5-, 4- and 3-INT games already.

Campbell HAS shown he can through a deep ball. He has no time to this season, not his fault.
Yeah JC gets knocked around but lets stop acting like he is running for his life on every play... There are teams out there with similiar oline situations and they score more than we do. GB and TB come to mind. Tampa's ROOKIE QB comes in and in his first pro game and they score more than we have in a game all season. and he was throwing to guys with names like stroughter--however you spell it, i cant bring myself to go to the TB site-- so lets not say he had better wr's. The offense as a whole is hurting but we know it starts with the man who is under Center. I cant remember the last time i saw JC throw the ball to a spot on a timing route before the wr came out of his cut. It seems that nearly every pass he completes is to a wr who is looking straight at him and JC can see both numbers on his chest.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #48
Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Kurt Warner threw 5 interceptions two weeks ago and threw for 5 TDs last week.

Guys like Warner, Favre and Cutler play to win games. They try to make the difficult throws instead of dumping off to a RB in the flat.

Cutler looked like crap last night but at the same time he can get hot and beat any team.
I will take him over JC everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.
Yup......
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:29 PM   #49
Eknox
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
Yeah JC gets knocked around but lets stop acting like he is running for his life on every play... There are teams out there with similiar oline situations and they score more than we do. GB and TB come to mind. Tampa's ROOKIE QB comes in and in his first pro game and they score more than we have in a game all season. and he was throwing to guys with names like stroughter--however you spell it, i cant bring myself to go to the TB site-- so lets not say he had better wr's. The offense as a whole is hurting but we know it starts with the man who is under Center. I cant remember the last time i saw JC throw the ball to a spot on a timing route before the wr came out of his cut. It seems that nearly every pass he completes is to a wr who is looking straight at him and JC can see both numbers on his chest.
Thank you..
Eknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:34 PM   #50
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Did you see the game last week???? He didn't have a chance. But some of what you say is true.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #51
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Number one, I think you'd have to say, objectively, that the Redskins OL is the perfect blend of poor coaching, under-talented, and injury ridded, and that there's probably no unit quite as bad as it. But there are a bunch of other teams in this league who are in a similiar situation because of their poor OL play.

Tampa and Chicago absolutely have better receivers than we do. Ours are probably the worst group in the league (St. Louis is close if not just as bad, though). It boggles the mind how people can think that our receiving corps aren't the worst they've ever been. It's quite common knowledge among NFL defensive coordinators: just go man to man and they won't have a chance. A lot of teams have bad OLs, but the WRs are where we really get hurt because most teams have figured out that even if you can't block em, you can still run routes and hit open guys.

And then there's problems with the offensive backfield here as well, of course. Those are realtively recent issues: Campbell's ball security and decision making, Portis being a non-contributor, and Sellers has been awful.

It obviously "starts" with the problems that go back to last year. By definition, that's how this mess started. So that's what it starts with.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #52
GTripp0012
Living Legend

And cut the "I've never seen Campbell anticipate a route" bullshit. It happens every game. Maybe a lot of quarterbacks see the field a lot better than him, I don't know. But it happens every damn week, so if you haven't seen it, that's your fault, not Campbells.

Sorry to rain on your Cheerios pissing party.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:56 PM   #53
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
And cut the "I've never seen Campbell anticipate a route" bullshit. It happens every game. Maybe a lot of quarterbacks see the field a lot better than him, I don't know. But it happens every damn week, so if you haven't seen it, that's your fault, not Campbells.
Sorry to rain on your Cheerios pissing party.
Post a clip of him doing so.
honestly ill wait. Maybe i missed it.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:10 PM   #54
GTripp0012
Living Legend

NFL Game Center: Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Washington Redskins - 2009 Week 4

That's the link, you'll have to click the "Cooley 17 yd TD" vid.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:13 PM   #55
GTripp0012
Living Legend

NFL Game Center: Washington Redskins at New York Giants - 2009 Week 1

Video also titled "Cooley 17-yd TD"
Old 11-13-2009, 03:13 PM   #56
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Quote:
Number one, I think you'd have to say, objectively, that the Redskins OL is the perfect blend of poor coaching, under-talented, and injury ridded, and that there's probably no unit quite as bad as it. But there are a bunch of other teams in this league who are in a similiar situation because of their poor OL play.

Tampa and Chicago absolutely have better receivers than we do. Ours are probably the worst group in the league (St. Louis is close if not just as bad, though). It boggles the mind how people can think that our receiving corps aren't the worst they've ever been. It's quite common knowledge among NFL defensive coordinators: just go man to man and they won't have a chance. A lot of teams have bad OLs, but the WRs are where we really get hurt because most teams have figured out that even if you can't block em, you can still run routes and hit open guys.

And then there's problems with the offensive backfield here as well, of course. Those are realtively recent issues: Campbell's ball security and decision making, Portis being a non-contributor, and Sellers has been awful.

It obviously "starts" with the problems that go back to last year. By definition, that's how this mess started. So that's what it starts with.
Now i believe you are reaching my man.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:17 PM   #57
GTripp0012
Living Legend

NFL Game Center: Washington Redskins at Carolina Panthers - 2009 Week 5

"Portis TD rec"
Old 11-13-2009, 03:18 PM   #58
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Now i believe you are reaching my man.
Well, I'm not shocked that you don't realize this, but the rest of the league does.

Note that I found three instances in five minutes of Campbell anticipating a guy coming open...and not once to a wide receiver.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #59
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Quote:
Cooley pretty much looked back at JC during the route, where was the anticipation??? nice play but it wasnt what i was talking about.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #60
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Cooley pretty much looked back at JC during the route, where was the anticipation??? nice play but it wasnt what i was talking about.
Well, as usual, I have no idea what you are talking about. That's an NFL level throw and an NFL level catch. That's all. It's pretty run-of-the-mill.

Like I said, it happens every week.