budw38
Playmaker

Re: more injury news

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
always

soooo bush league the whole division is overrated

i hope so i hate nick saban and that lame ass tide
Michigan beats Florida in Capital One Bowl | [an error occurred while processing this directive] Recent SEC vs. Big Ten Bowl Record Big ten 6-5 vs sec in bowl games past 4 years .... lets see the SEC teams play some football up north in November and see what happens
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-23-2009, 11:19 PM   #47
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
Michigan beats Florida in Capital One Bowl | [an error occurred while processing this directive] Recent SEC vs. Big Ten Bowl Record Big ten 6-5 vs sec in bowl games past 4 years .... lets see the SEC teams play some football up north in November and see what happens
Yeah I remember that game. Michigan had a team full of senior studs and our defense was full of freshman. Let's see a Big 10 team play a game in the Swamp in 95 degree 100% humidity in September. The Big 10 is weak. Their best team couldn't beat middle of the road SEC teams this year. How did an undefeated Ohio State do in the National Championship against Florida in '06? 41-14 ring a bell? Who has won 3 of the last 4 national titles? SEC perhaps?
Old 11-23-2009, 11:23 PM   #48
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
SEC vs Big Ten Football

"So, how'd the Big Ten do? This past year (2008) they were 1-6. In 2007 they were 3-5. So, a cumulative record of 4-11 over the past two years. Note that Ohio State lost both the '06 and '07 Championship Games to Florida and LSU.

And that pretty much sums things up as far as the SEC vs Big Ten rivalry. It was pretty even until the last two years. The SEC is way ahead now."

i'm not even a sec fan but they will win, even in nov. i'm a big east fan, lets go mountaineers, for the love of god i hope your not a michigan fan, have fun with rich rod, two years w/o a bowl bid, damn that big 10 is strong

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:25 PM   #49
mlmdub130
Playmaker

[QUOTE=GMScud;629955]Yeah I remember that game. Michigan had a team full of senior studs and our defense was full of freshman. Let's see a Big 10 team play a game in the Swamp in 95 degree 100% humidity in September. The Big 10 is weak. Their best team couldn't beat middle of the road SEC teams this year. How did an undefeated Ohio State do in the National Championship against Florida in '06? 41-14 ring a bell? Who has won 3 of the last 4 national titles? SEC perhaps?[/QUOTE]

like i said i'm not even a sec fan but how can you argue that?

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:28 PM   #50
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
SEC vs Big Ten Football

"So, how'd the Big Ten do? This past year (2008) they were 1-6. In 2007 they were 3-5. So, a cumulative record of 4-11 over the past two years. Note that Ohio State lost both the '06 and '07 Championship Games to Florida and LSU.

And that pretty much sums things up as far as the SEC vs Big Ten rivalry. It was pretty even until the last two years. The SEC is way ahead now."

i'm not even a sec fan but they will win, even in nov. i'm a big east fan, lets go mountaineers, for the love of god i hope your not a michigan fan, have fun with rich rod, two years w/o a bowl bid, damn that big 10 is strong
Aaaand that pretty much settles it. End of thread hijack. Back to injury talk...
Old 11-23-2009, 11:32 PM   #51
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Yeah I remember that game. Michigan had a team full of senior studs and our defense was full of freshman. Let's see a Big 10 team play a game in the Swamp in 95 degree 100% humidity in September. The Big 10 is weak. Their best team couldn't beat middle of the road SEC teams this year. How did an undefeated Ohio State do in the National Championship against Florida in '06? 41-14 ring a bell? Who has won 3 of the last 4 national titles? SEC perhaps?
I watched the entire game / Fla/ OSU . OSU has played @ USC @ Texas and has a Home and Away with Miami . I agree the SEC has been the best NCAA conference past 5-6 years ... but lets not pretend every team in the SEC is an NFL team , as some pundits make it seem . You make the point about your fresman D vs UM , but OSU lost 9 starters on Def after 05 , and lost C) mangold < NYJ > and WR ) Holmes < Steelers > , then Ginn got hurt 15 seconds into the game . I have said it before , congrads to UF and coach Meyer for a great program , Bama and LSU are pretty damn good also. My only point is the SEC is not 10-1 vs the other conferences as many seem to suggest .
Old 11-23-2009, 11:37 PM   #52
budw38
Playmaker

[quote=mlmdub130;629957]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Yeah I remember that game. Michigan had a team full of senior studs and our defense was full of freshman. Let's see a Big 10 team play a game in the Swamp in 95 degree 100% humidity in September. The Big 10 is weak. Their best team couldn't beat middle of the road SEC teams this year. How did an undefeated Ohio State do in the National Championship against Florida in '06? 41-14 ring a bell? Who has won 3 of the last 4 national titles? SEC perhaps?[/QUOTE]

like i said i'm not even a sec fan but how can you argue that?
I hate michigan . One game is exactly that ... one game . I never said the SEC was not great , they have the best football in America , I do not see the same " can't be beat " , like many think with USC . Not that it matters , Fla. is likely to win a third NCAA title this January . A champion is a Champion .
Old 11-24-2009, 06:24 AM   #53
budw38
Playmaker

Redskins Re-sign Mason, Add Fanaika to Roster Betts to IR , skins sign Mason.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:14 AM   #54
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Not to mention Ohio state lost two Outback Bowls to the SC Gamecocks.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:31 AM   #55
dmek25
MVP

here comes our savior, Mason. and i thought Williams looked pretty decent at guard. considering he is a center
Old 11-24-2009, 07:46 AM   #56
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
LOL. Skinny Tee is who House is based on
lol...I never seen an episode of House but I've seen enough promos to know that's pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Soooooooo Skinny Tee is........Clinton Portis?
Well, just to demonstrate my skills, I'll tell you Portis's diagnosis during the Atlanta game. At first glance I diagnosed Portis with Death just from the symptoms he was exhibiting. I then did a quick revision of my diagnosis to Severe Narcolepsy.

...As we all saw it was just a mere concussion. I guess we can chaulk that up as one of inaccurate 20-25%.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:58 AM   #57
dmek25
MVP

not to interrupt all the college football talk, but just heard Cooley is going on IR. no link yet
Old 11-25-2009, 04:16 PM   #58
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
LOL. Skinny Tee is who House is based on
At least we know it's not lupus!
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:17 PM   #59
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
lol...I never seen an episode of House but I've seen enough promos to know that's pretty funny.

Well, just to demonstrate my skills, I'll tell you Portis's diagnosis during the Atlanta game. At first glance I diagnosed Portis with Death just from the symptoms he was exhibiting. I then did a quick revision of my diagnosis to Severe Narcolepsy.

...As we all saw it was just a mere concussion. I guess we can chaulk that up as one of inaccurate 20-25%.

"That's the Washington Redskins," he said. "Somehow, some way, we're going to make things harder."
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:22 PM   #60
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I wonder if Hall will play on Sunday. My guess is he will