Impact Rookie

Re: Report: Cooley to IR today

At this point, why rush Cooley back. The Redskins are 3-7, going no where

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:52 AM   #3
MTK
\m/

No sense in coming back to this mess. Might as well heal up and get ready for next year.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:57 AM   #4
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Let me see, broken ankle,....pins in ankle,....out 4-6 weeks,......THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS WEEKS AGO!

It was a no brainer. I guess since they are getting something out of Davis and Yoder they decided to play it safe? They could have brought in another TE for the remaining part of the season ....just in case. Instead they wait 4 weeks and make a decision?....idiots.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #5
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Season is done now maybe the reason they waited was because at the time of injury the playoffs were a possibility now it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:32 AM   #6
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Warrior View Post
Season is done now maybe the reason they waited was because at the time of injury the playoffs were a possibility now it's not.
Most likely...plus Fred Davis has done very well.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:34 AM   #7
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Warrior View Post
That and you never know how someone is going to heal. There are many reasons to not IR a guy before you have to. I know it's easy to say they should have done it right away, but there's no need to shut someone down prematurely.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:48 AM   #8
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
That and you never know how someone is going to heal. There are many reasons to not IR a guy before you have to. I know it's easy to say they should have done it right away, but there's no need to shut someone down prematurely.
Agreed, and once they're on IR there's no de-IRing them back, that's their season. Cooley sounded like he wanted to come back & felt he could heal quickly. I would think that a player of his stature has a lot of leeway in the decision.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:49 AM   #9
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Most likely...plus Fred Davis has done very well.
yes, he has, although he's no CC. To be honest, if there's no cap in 2010, i think we should atleast explore trading CC. If we can get a mid 1st rounder and a later round pick for him, we'd have to consider it.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:16 AM   #10
53Fan
Franchise Player

No surprise really. No need in rushing him back with our record this year and Davis is playing well and the extra playing time will benefit him. Good move. Injuries seem to be the only way for the young guys to move up and get real playing time. I would sure like to see Mitchell get more plays called to him this year and see how he responds.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #11
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
yes, he has, although he's no CC. To be honest, if there's no cap in 2010, i think we should atleast explore trading CC. If we can get a mid 1st rounder and a later round pick for him, we'd have to consider it.
Why why why??!! This just makes no sense. We need better management to make better use of the picks that we have and be smart in free agency.
R.I.P. #21
Old 11-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #12
SBXVII
Franchise Player

^I think it all depends on what the new HC wants to do. Most teams have one great TE and one half decent TE and get the job done. We actually have to excellent TE's and were talking trading one away. Maybe the new HC will have a better understanding as to how to utilize a 2TE set.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:25 AM   #13
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Why why why??!! This just makes no sense. We need better management to make better use of the picks that we have and be smart in free agency.
balancing of needs. we are "stocked" at talent at some positions and have next to no talent at others. I also think we should investigate trading Haynesworth if we could get atleast two 1st rounders for him. In 4 years, he'll need to be cut anyways and this team will not be competitive for atleast another 3 years. theres absolutely no reason to keep guys like that around when you're rebuilding from the ground up. you gotta think big picture, long term.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #14
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
balancing of needs. we are "stocked" at talent at some positions and have next to no talent at others. I also think we should investigate trading Haynesworth if we could get atleast two 1st rounders for him. In 4 years, he'll need to be cut anyways and this team will not be competitive for atleast another 3 years. theres absolutely no reason to keep guys like that around when you're rebuilding from the ground up. you gotta think big picture, long term.
You are working under the assumptions that teams will just trade with us or that we can trade someone with as big of a contract as Albert Haynesworth.

Stockpiling picks and having a team where everyone is under 25 years old is not necessarily the best way to build up a team. We already have a lot of young players that will make an impact (some already are) in the future (Kelly, Thomas, Davis, Tryon, Barnes, Orakpo, Jarmon, Rhinehart).

The team could easily get some picks by tendering Rogers and/or Campbell (well maybe Campbell, I doubt anyone would give up anything for Rogers). You could try trading Moss if any team will take him (shit, if Greg Lewis will get you a 4th rounder from the Pats, I'm sure we could get at least that from any team).

Having a ton of picks does not equate to success. And this team has already a lot of young players that they can build upon in the future. It is very foolish to get rid of your best player, especially on the offensive side of the ball where this team has been lacking.
R.I.P. #21
Old 11-24-2009, 11:09 AM   #15
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Quote:
You are operating under the assumption a 1st ropund pick is a guarantee. What if you trade Cooley for a first rounder that turns out to be a crack head or does not fit team chemistry. All 1st rounders do not turn out to be good. Keep teh known qualities and build on them. Get rid of the known busts. Draft picks aren't always the answer.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote