Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

So Who's the MVP?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

So Who's the MVP?

Well since all we talk about now a days is BAD performances by our skins, I was thinking about the NFL's MVP candidates and I came up with 5 players..
I personally think Chris Johnson should win the award.. The guy was robbed of the ROY last season and he has been nothing short of amazing this yr, he has basically carried that team with 1,396 YDS rushing with 5 games left! I'm sure Favre or Manning will get it and they all deserve it honestly .. Even Rivers, that guy is a stud. What do you all think?

1. Peyton Manning
2.Drew Brees
3.Brett Favre
4. Chris Johnson
5. Phillip Rivers

Advertisements
Old 11-30-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Re: So Who's the MVP?

i'd have to say farve, this might be the best season of his career, and if you take him off the vikes and put in jackson they are nowhere close to where they are now

but i did hear today that there was a tie one year not sure when or who but if two can win i give it to johnson and farve

but seriously farve is doing so much more than i think anyone including him ever thought he could do again, and it's great to watch

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:02 PM   #3
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
i'd have to say farve, this might be the best season of his career, and if you take him off the vikes and put in jackson they are nowhere close to where they are now

but i did hear today that there was a tie one year not sure when or who but if two can win i give it to johnson and farve

but seriously farve is doing so much more than i think anyone including him ever thought he could do again, and it's great to watch
The tie was between Manning and McNair.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:05 PM   #4
MTK
\m/

Really tough call, right now it's a toss up between Manning or Favre.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:05 PM   #5
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Let's wait and see who makes it to the SB, that's how an MVP should be determined.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:10 PM   #6
GTripp0012
Living Legend

As good as Favre is playing, I don't think he should be in the MVP conversation. I think he, not Peterson, is the cog that is making the Vikings offense go, but the bigger difference there is that team is just as strong on defense as they are on offense, and they play a patsy every single week. Sure, Pittsburgh and Baltimore are quality opponents, but they have a negative net point differential against them. Favre has proved the doubters, myself included, incorrect, but his inclusion in the MVP conversation made about as makes as much sense as including Kyle Orton. Jared Allen is the most indispensable part there, IMO.

I'd say Manning deserves it, because he's clearly been more valuable than any other player, but IMO Brady is getting overlooked this year. Not that he should win it over Manning, but he's been more valuable than Favre has. I like that Chris Johnson is getting some pull, but I wouldn't put him in my top five either. I can't really separate his performance from Steven Jackson or Frank Gore or Ray Rice this year unless I go right to YPC, which is not where I'd start.

My top five:

1. QB Manning, Indianapolis
2. QB Brees, New Orleans
3. DE Allen, Minnesota
4. QB Brady, New England
5. CB Woodson, Green Bay

Honorable Mention: QB Rivers, San Diego; WR Welker, New England; TE Clark, Indianapolis
Old 11-30-2009, 07:13 PM   #7
MTK
\m/

Where would the Vikes be with someone like Rosenfels at the helm?
Old 11-30-2009, 07:25 PM   #8
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Where would the Vikes be with someone like Rosenfels at the helm?
More susceptible to the occasional upset (less blowouts), but still well out in front of the NFC North, I would think.

The difference in that division is the head to head games against Green Bay, but I have to think that Minnesota would have won both of those with a more average guy at QB, the way that defense played.

I don't want to marginalize what Favre has done with that OL group in front of him. It would be potentially the weakness of that offense (Peterson's #'s are down, even with Favre helping him), but he's only getting sacked on 6% of his dropbacks, which is very good everything considered.

The Vikings should realize that when they don't have Favre anymore, they will still have to bolster the offensive line so the next guy up (Quinn?) can continue that success.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:28 PM   #9
djnemo65
Playmaker

Is the question who deserves it or who do we think will win it? I would personally go with Manning if I was voting, but it's hard to imagine Favre not winning if things continue to go the way they have been. And I don't think that's a pick anyone could really be that upset with.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:36 PM   #10
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

As of right now, with much more ball to play, I think that Favre deserves some consideration but I would argue that the Vikes would be contenders without him.

IMHO, neither the Colts nor the Saints would be performing at such a high level without Manning or Brees, and neither of these guys has Peterson. The Colts might still contend without Manning, I suppose, but I am not so sure about N.O.'s contending without Brees. The ultrahigh level on which they perform and their essential contributions to their teams' successes make Brees or Manning the choice for me.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:03 PM   #11
dmek25
MVP

we have already seen what the Vikes look like without Favre. i have him #1. with Johnson a close second
Old 11-30-2009, 08:17 PM   #12
53Fan
Franchise Player

Still a lot of ball left to play. Is Favre going to continue with his td/int ratio? To be continued....
Old 11-30-2009, 09:34 PM   #13
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I'd have to put Manning and Favre at the top of the list most likely (interesting side note-do you realize CJ never touched the ball on the Titans' game-winning 99 yard drive?)

possibly someone like Carson Palmer as a long shot sleeper
Old 11-30-2009, 09:45 PM   #14
Raw0114
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
we have already seen what the Vikes look like without Favre. i have him #1. with Johnson a close second

I'm on the same page but with Johnson first, Favre close second.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:47 PM   #15
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

No doubt Johnson is the best player in the league right now... He reminds me of LT when he first came into the league... Favre and brees are both 2nd for me...