The Real Leader of this Team and Some Radical Ideas

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-09-2009, 03:54 PM   #16
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Re: The Real Leader of this Team and Some Radical Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
After watching Vick play a brokedown wildcat form for an actually decent Philly team, I can only think Vick's half the QB he used to be. Dude's not starting material anymore, imo.
I feel you right about Vick, but Snyder listens to the fans. There are enough dumb ass people out here blindly screaming for Vick to be a starting QB, even heard Lavar say it on the radio once!

Advertisements
Old 12-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #17
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

I think Vick is showing flashes of his old self and what he could do.

Vick, who is arguably still in his prime, used to be a nightmare for def. coordinators because of the plays that he could make with his arm or feet.

2 years out of the game hurt him, but he is getting back slowly, and i think a full offseason of work and a full training camp and he is back to his old self again. He will start next year somewhere...i'm sure of it.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #18
freddyg12
Playmaker

I don't disagree w/those that say Zorn has been in over his head. But there have been some notable changes since Sherm Lewis was brought in, if for no other reason than the players started to play out of respect (and maybe sympathy) for Zorn & all the pressure that was on him from the top.

Also, it's not just the players that take time to learn a new system. Zorn is learning as a coach. IMO, firing him now & starting w/a new offense is gambling w/all the investment of the last 2 years. Sure, maybe we'd hit the jackpot w/a new coach, but more than likely it would be another transition & another couple years, before things look decent.

I really think Zorn has earned the respect of everyone & deserves a chance to correct his mistakes, while also seeing his offense mature. Zorn is no S. Spurrier, he's showing improvement in his second year.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #19
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

I think Zorn has regressed, personally. He goes 8-8 last year, and now, best case scenario he finishes 7-9, but he must run the tables to even do that.

More likely he finishes 3-13 or 4-12.

The improvement came when another playcaller was brought in. Unfortunatley Sherm was brought in too late....
Old 12-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #20
franklinhimself
Special Teams

I don't think there are too many different likely outcomes that could happen next year.

The Redskins either stay with Zorn, and either draft a qb or stay with Campbell. Likely Gray becomes DC because Blache will retire. It will be year three, coming off a 3-13/4-12/5-11 year, and marked improvement in our offense being able to fully execute Zorn's WCO. We're probably looking at a record of 7-9 to 11-5.

Or, the house is cleaned and we start all over again. Winning record not until 2011.

I agree with those that exclaim that not only are our players continuing to pick up the playbook, but Zorn is also learning how to be the HC he can be.

With the way we are playing right now, despite all of our injuries even, we're about 3 plays away from being 6-6 and in the hunt for a wildcard berth.

I vote stay the course. I think Vinny is at least competent enough to know that with the possibility of Samuels and Thomas being done, T and G are top needs.

Mods: can we get a poll for "stay the course with Zorn" or "Clean House"
franklinhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:36 PM   #21
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I think Zorn has regressed, personally. He goes 8-8 last year, and now, best case scenario he finishes 7-9, but he must run the tables to even do that.

More likely he finishes 3-13 or 4-12.

The improvement came when another playcaller was brought in. Unfortunatley Sherm was brought in too late....
Well the team clearly regressed, but Zorn as a HC, I think has taken positive steps forward, specifically once playcalling was (mostly)off his plate. I am curious what everyone thinks, if/when the Skins fire him, does he get another HC shot?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #22
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Well the team clearly regressed, but Zorn as a HC, I think has taken positive steps forward, specifically once playcalling was (mostly)off his plate. I am curious what everyone thinks, if/when the Skins fire him, does he get another HC shot?
in college
Old 12-09-2009, 05:31 PM   #23
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Zorn will probably get a job as a QB coach rather quickly, he may even get an offensive coordinator position. He needs some more experience I think before he's given another HC job.

He's, by all accounts, a very nice guy. But there is a prevailing feeling from those who are around the team that one reason the coaches like him is because they can kind of walk all over him. Meaning basically that they'd rather have a Zorn who won't be a taskmaster than someone one who will be more demanding and more of a disciplinarian.

Two things concern me about Zorn as head coach. One is the obvious with the playcalling. The other is that when times were bleak early in the season it wasn't Zorn that stepped up and said this is on me. It was Blache.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #24
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
Why anyone would want Vick to run a west coast style offense is beyond me. He cant throw the short crossing or out routes on a consistant basis because of his size. he can throw the ball down field, but really he is not a very good QB. Why people are infantuated with this dude is beyond me.
because we are for the most part in virginia and there are a lot of virginia tech homers out there that think vick is god and can do no wrong

i don't get it either he was good, never great, and he has obviously lost a step

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:01 PM   #25
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
That's a good question C. I wouldn't think so, but then again, Norv keeps getting hired. There may be someone out there who likes the way this team hasn't given up and believes that Zorn could come to a team already familiar with the WCO and help their QB get over the hump. I think he's held this team together pretty well considering the circumstances.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:09 PM   #26
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
i think if holmgren gets started somewhere next year he wouldn't mind giving zorn another shot in some way

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #27
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
i think if holmgren gets started somewhere next year he wouldn't mind giving zorn another shot in some way
Maybe Zorn will be the OC in Seattle next year.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:19 PM   #28
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
I'm not sure that his record will speak for another shot at HC for Zorn. Maybe he can be OC for some time and alter his rep. I wish him well, though.

BTW very creative use of "Gano" in your user title. You win!
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #29
pauljunior

Although unlikely, leaving things in place and staying the course with Zorn seems like a good idea at this point. The thing thats important here is consistency- Zorn obviously has some skills, i.e. motivating players. Why not put him in a capacity where the organization can make the most use of his skills at the moment without complete overhaul?
pauljunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:31 PM   #30
duetsch215
Special Teams

i agree on some stuff but....im sorry but if you root for your team to lose you are not a true fan. That completely defeats the purpose no matter the circumstances