Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Parking Lot

Old 08-10-2014, 12:36 AM   #1036
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Just started playing The Last of Us on the PS4. Only a few hours in but I can see what all the hype was about.
Lucky bastard. I would love to have my memories of The Last of Us wiped so I could play it for the first time all over again.

Though I usually play games like TLOU for the story the gameplay was actually very satisfying. Most games where you sneak around its difficult and its hard to figure out the enemies lines of sight and stealth gameplay a lot of times becomes frustrating but because of a feature as simple as Listen Mode I was able to not feel like I could use stealth while at the same time not feeling like I had to much of an advantage. Also the limited ammo and the multiple strategies needed to take down enemies were a lot of fun for me. In fact TLOU seemed to incorporate a lot of elements that made old school Resident Evil a blast.

Also from what I understand the DLC episode Left Behind is included in the Remastered edition. Left Behind fills in a small gap during the main campaign and also gives more backstory on one of the characters.

If you want the full story during your first playthrough then I would suggest playing it right when you get to the part of the game that takes place during the Winter (small non-spoiler screen shot to see what part of the game I'm talking about).

You can find it here in the Main Menu. And don't worry about saying no to the Facebook feature as you can play the DLC perfectly fine without it.

Even if you wait until after you finish the main campaign you should enjoy the Left Behind part of the game. Though you don't have to worry about it spoiling the ending as it only focuses on the start of the winter section of the campaign while alternating with flashbacks. However views on when to play it may differ.

Purchased left behind.. When should I play it? - The Last of Us Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs
Quote:
There's no spoiler whatsoever about the ending in the dlc. In fact, playing the dlc before seeing the ending would give it an entirely new meaning. Just make sure that you don't play until after the end of the Fall chapter.
Quote:
I'm more inclined to agree that it's better to finish the game first. That's what the game itself says is best on the main menu. The only reason I can currently see to go against that is just for people who want everything to be in chronological order no matter what, even if it messes with the pacing of the game that TLoU's creators wanted.
Quote:
Beat the game first. It's not about spoiling the ending, its about the pacing and the tone. Also it gives some more possible context to the ending.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 08-13-2014 at 12:27 AM.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-13-2014, 03:55 PM   #1037
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Mind = Blown GREATEST DAY EVAR!
Guillermo del Toro, Hideo Kojima join forces for new ‘Silent Hill’ game | Hero Complex – movies, comics, pop culture – Los Angeles Times

On top of which
PC fans rejoice! Metal Gear Solid 5 is coming to Steam | VG247

Original Resident Evil being remastered for consoles, PC - Story - Entertainment - 3 News

New Screens Escape from the Remastered 'Resident Evil Remake' -)

The day started out so great. Then this brought me back to earth.
Xbox One’s Tomb Raider Deal Is a Timed Exclusive After All - TIME

Really Square Enix? Did you not see what happened to virtually every other developer that went exclusive, even if only temporarily, on Xbox One? I knew SE was doing too good not to do something royally stupid.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 08-13-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:01 AM   #1038
MTK
\m/

Just finished up The Last of Us, loved it. I waited to finish up the main story before checking out Left Behind.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:06 PM   #1039
over the mountain
Playmaker

madden comes out on aug 29.

do i need to pre order one with a video game store or will i be able to walk in on the 29th and just pick one up?

ty
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:21 PM   #1040
MTK
\m/

New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

I've never had a prob walking in and picking up a copy, especially at the big box stores they'll always have plenty on hand, it actually comes out on Tues the 26
Old 08-24-2014, 04:23 PM   #1041
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
madden comes out on aug 29.

do i need to pre order one with a video game store or will i be able to walk in on the 29th and just pick one up?

ty
Only if you want the ultimate edition. Madden is normally never an issue, unlike FIFA and NHL.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:01 PM   #1042
MTK
\m/

PSN has been down all day, hope it's not another big problem like a few years ago.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:14 PM   #1043
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

PlayStation hit by denial-of-service attack; hackers claim to have prompted jet's diversion with threat - @TechCrunch http://t.co/mY7cEFNGvd
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:08 AM   #1044
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Well that sucks. Wonder how long it's going to take to get it back up this time.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:10 AM   #1045
MTK
\m/

Back up as of last night
Old 08-26-2014, 02:35 PM   #1046
over the mountain
Playmaker

ohhhhhhh hell yeah it comes out today!
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:11 PM   #1047
donofriose
The Starter

How is Madden for those that are getting it? Might stop by on the way home after work.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:11 PM   #1048
MTK
\m/

I'm about to fire it up right now I'll post back later
Old 08-26-2014, 10:13 PM   #1049
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
Only if you want the ultimate edition. Madden is normally never an issue, unlike FIFA and NHL.
Does FIFA still have supply problems these days? I was going to say when I saw OTM asking about the need to pre order I was going to bring up a 'back in my day' story about Fifa. Though NHL is pretty much the only EA Sports game I buy annually these days (since 2009). I don't think I've bought it on day one from a brick and mortar store in a couple years as NHL 12 is the last physical disc I own of the series and I probably preordered it.

Regardless I'm better then all of you guys cuz I'm like 95% digital these days so I don't have all these second world problems you speak of

Of course the sad part of that is that I think the reason I love digital distribution, even on consoles, is that I'm to lazy to get up and walk the 6 feet to my system to change a disc. I was buying digital even before PSN and the X-Box store caught on to the Steam craze and started discounting games (though PSN has been providing free games to PS Plus members for what feels like 2 years now, provided of course your membership was active).

Still it use to be pretty nerve racking to see companies like EA complain about used games and then you'd check the price of Madden 12 on PSN a month before Madden 13 comes out and its $59.99. Heck I could have sworn I caught a few times where EA Sports games that had been replaced by a newer edition were still full price on PSN and Microsoft.

- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 08-26-2014 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:53 PM   #1050
MTK
\m/

Best looking Madden to date by far. Presentation style is much improved. The game truly feels next gen, or I guess we can say current gen now.

I've only played 2 games but the D is definitely more fun, especially getting after the QB. Had 2 sacks with Hatcher my first game.