Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Contract From America

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Contract From America

This thing is being put together by the Tea Party Patriots. Contract From America is a play on Pelosi’s Contract With America.

In my mind Tea Party values sum up to Fiscally Conservative, Socially Liberal and truly encompasses both Democrat and Republican values. A little bit country, a little bit rock and roll.

Here is a good chance for you to vote on the most important issues to yourself and hopefully have this interest group make sure those issues are heard by your elected officials.

Contract From America

Advertisements
Old 02-18-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Re: Contract From America

Here are the issues for consideration:

DEMAND A BALANCED BUDGET
Begin the Constitutional amendment process to require a balanced budget with a two-thirds majority needed for any tax hike. (Proposed by: Erik Carter, San Diego, CA)

STOP THE TAX HIKES
Permanently repeal all tax hikes, including those to the income, capital gains, and death taxes, currently scheduled to begin in 2011.

COMMIT TO REAL GOVERNMENT TRANSPARENCY
Every bill, in its final form, will be made public seven days before any vote can be taken and all government expenditures authorized by any bill will be easily accessible on the Internet before the money is spent. (Proposed by: Steve Kulik, Gonzales, Texas; and Steve Hollis, San Francisco, CA)

PROTECT THE CONSTITUTION
Require each bill to identify the specific provision of the Constitution that gives Congress the power to do what the bill does. (Proposed by: Brooke Storrs, Midland, MI)

PASS MARKET-BASED HEALTHCARE & HEALTH INSURANCE REFORM
Make health care and insurance more affordable by enabling a competitive, open, and transparent free-market health care and health insurance system that isn't restricted by state boundaries.

ENACT FUNDAMENTAL TAX REFORM
Adopt a simple and fair single-rate tax system by scrapping the internal revenue code and replacing it with one that is no longer than 4,543 words—the length of the original Constitution.

END RUNAWAY GOVERNMENT SPENDING
Impose a statutory cap limiting the annual growth in total federal spending to the sum of inflation rate plus the percentage of population growth (Proposed by: Mark Meckler, Sacramento, CA).

LET US SAVE
Allow young Americans the choice of opting out of Social Security and Medicare payroll taxes, creating both real financial security in retirement through the freedom to own your personal retirement savings, and reducing the long-term unfunded liabilities of the federal government

PROTECT INTERNET FREEDOM
No regulation or tax on the Internet. (Proposed by: Andrew Ian Dodge, Harpswell, ME)

GIVE PARENTS MORE CHOICES IN THE EDUCATION OF THEIR CHILDREN
Improve American education by reforming the broken federal role through eliminating ineffective and wasteful programs, giving parents more choices from pre-school to high school, and improving the affordability of higher education.

PASS AN “ALL OF THE ABOVE” ENERGY POLICY
Authorize the exploration of proven energy reserves to reduce our dependence on foreign energy sources from unstable countries and reduce regulatory barriers to all other forms of energy creation, lowering prices and creating competition.

PROTECT FREEDOM OF THE PRESS
Prohibit the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) from using funds to reinstate the Fairness Doctrine in any form, including requiring “localism” or “diversity” quotas. (Proposed by: Lori Roman, Annapolis, MD)

RESTORE FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY & CONSTITUTIONALLY LIMITED GOVT
Create a Blue Ribbon taskforce that engages in a complete audit of federal agencies and programs, assessing their Constitutionality, and identifying duplication, waste, ineffectiveness, and agencies and programs better left for the states. (Proposed by: Benjamin Tessler, Washington, DC; and Douglas Mainwaring, Potomac, MD)

PROTECT PRIVATE PROPERTY RIGHTS
Block state and local governments that receive federal grants from exercising eminent domain over private property for the primary purpose of economic development or enhancement of tax revenues. (Proposed by: R.M. House, Woodstock, GA)

REJECT CAP & TRADE
Stop costly new regulations that would increase unemployment, raise consumer prices, and weaken the nation's global competitiveness with virtually no impact on global temperatures. (Proposed by: Jan Heinricks, Spring, T

STOP THE PORK
Place a moratorium on all earmarks until the process is fully transparent, including requiring a 2/3 majority to pass any earmark.

AUDIT THE FED
Begin an audit of the Federal Reserve System. (Proposed by: Judy Pierorazio, Parkville, MD)

NO MORE BAILOUTS
The federal government should not bail out private companies and should immediately begin divesting itself of its stake in the private companies it owns from recent bailouts. (Proposed by: Mike Ware, Mountain View, CA)

STOP CAREER POLITICIANS & CURB LOBBYIST POWER
Begin the Constitutional amendment process to require Congressional term limits. (Proposed by: Marylou Petriccione, Raleigh, NC)

SUNSET REGULATIONS & ENACT FUNDAMENTAL REGULATORY REFORM
Sunset all regulations in order to eliminate those that are wasteful, unconstitutional, and ineffective, and place strict limits on the ability of agencies to create regulations. (Proposed by: Jim Armstrong, Morgantown, WV)

LET US WATCH
Broadcast all non-security meetings and votes on C-SPAN and the Internet. (Proposed by: Matthew Lewis, Alexandria, VA)
Old 02-18-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
mredskins
MVP

This seems effective.

searching for sarcasm fount...where are you....
Old 02-18-2010, 12:45 PM   #4
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

I'd love all of that. I can't see any of it happening in the short term.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:54 PM   #5
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Gee isn't that what Ron Paul has been running on since the 1980s?
Old 02-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #6
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Gee isn't that what Ron Paul has been running on since the 1980s?
Exactly, another decade another silly contract. Stop pork? LOL.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:27 PM   #7
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Holy Moley! the snow has reached Hades, Saden quoted TTE without mocking, or attacking. Lord how my heart aches for humanity!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:31 PM   #8
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Holy Moley! the snow has reached Hades, Saden quoted TTE without mocking, or attacking. Lord how my heart aches for humanity!
Don't count your chickens yet. I agree with the things on the contract. He doesn't. Though I think we'd agree this is a lot of hot air from the Neo-cons trying to co-opt the tea party movement, or maybe that's just me? You'll have to ask him.

While we're at it . . . Hey Saden! Are you going to help me pay for a vasectomy or not?
Old 02-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #9
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Now if TTE only extended the same courtesty to Saden, hell might truly freeze over.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:45 PM   #10
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Don't count your chickens yet. I agree with the things on the contract. He doesn't. Though I think we'd agree this is a lot of hot air from the Neo-cons trying to co-opt the tea party movement, or maybe that's just me? You'll have to ask him.

While we're at it . . . Hey Saden! Are you going to help me pay for a vasectomy or not?
A lot of it is pure crap and detached from reality. Do you want me to list what on the contract is crap or can you figure it out all on your own?

Sure, I'll help you pay for it. How much does it cost in your area?

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:20 PM   #11
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Tramp, pilot in Austin: Sick F*ck or Marytr?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:26 PM   #12
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Tramp, pilot in Austin: Sick F*ck or Marytr?
I posted his manifesto. I'm keeping my mouth shut on this one. I've been warning people that things like this are going to start happening.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #13
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
A lot of it is pure crap and detached from reality. Do you want me to list what on the contract is crap or can you figure it out all on your own?

Sure, I'll help you pay for it. How much does it cost in your area?
I'll have to call MCV again. The last time I checked in was 5k. You can send it strait to the hospital it you like. I really want a vasectomy so I can be a total whore.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #14
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I posted his manifesto. I'm keeping my mouth shut on this one. I've been warning people that things like this are going to start happening.
Start?

Wackos have been around since the dawn of time. And from the sounds of this one, he's been on a slow boil since the 80s.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #15
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Will check out; a bit too neo-con for me, especially while they're trying to oust some of their own party for being too moderate, not that that's a surprise or unheard of.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote