Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Tea Party America preview

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Tea Party America preview

Colorado Springs cuts into services considered basic by many - The Denver Post

Well think we should try this on a Nationwide level?

Advertisements
Old 07-09-2010, 01:02 PM   #2
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: Tea Party America preview

Sounds good to me but it really sounds like a group of city leaders throwing a temper tamper because the people they work for voted against a TRIPLE tax increase. Sounds like they are cutting everything they can to tick people off instead of cutting other stuff that most people would never miss but that how liberals act when they don't get their way. I'm guessing that their tax revenues jumped way up 4 or so years ago so they spent all the extra money on new programs and other stuff. Now that the tax wind fall is over they don't have the money to pay for all the extra spending they did and this happened all over the US from city to city.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:15 PM   #3
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Cutting grass in a park? Police officers qualify as extra? Sounds like you can beat somebody's ass and get away with it in Colorado Springs. I luv it!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #4
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
Cutting grass in a park? Police officers qualify as extra? Sounds like you can beat somebody's ass and get away with it in Colorado Springs. I luv it!!!
You need to read my post better.

"Sounds like they are cutting everything they can to tick people off instead of cutting other stuff that most people would never miss"

Our area is also cutting back and have ask for citizens to volunteer to cut some areas of grass. The club I'm in has offered to cut a little play area for the kids but at this point have heard nothing from the city. Its not that big of a deal and if we rotate a few people every other week we will probably spend less then 4 hours per person all summer cutting the grass.

I don't know why we don't make all the people receiving unemployment checks work off so many hours each week.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #5
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Ever heard of broke JTF? What does broke have to do with Tea Partiers, other than they're pissed that we're BROKE?

Hey guess what slave? You have the right to bear arms. You are the ultimate protector of your own life. Since when have the police been there to save you anyway?

Cops are nothing more than social janitors. They pick up the pieces, draw chalk around your corpse, and then try to find out what happened. They're a deterrent at best and revenue collecting arrogant punks at worse.

I personally can't wait until the Henrico Police get the can. Once they're out of the way I can TCB! :headbange
Old 07-09-2010, 01:49 PM   #6
saden1
MVP

This is fantastic...tighten that belt.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:50 PM   #7
dmek25
MVP

FD, is there such a thing as a liberal republican?
Lionel Rivera is the Republican mayor of Colorado Springs, Colorado. Elected in April 2003 and re-elected in 2007 on a mail ballot only election, he is the first Hispanic Vice Mayor and Mayor in the history of Colorado Springs.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:07 PM   #8
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Having lived in Colo Springs for several years, this is a tactic that was used frequently in the 1990's. Colorado had an amendment (don't know if they still do) that required voter approval of any tax increase, so EVERY election, there would be dire stories of how the major government jobs would suffer, and then maybe a week or two later, a civic group against tax hikes would show how other, non essential jobs were being spared and in the end the tax hikes usually failed, and the city continued on with no rampaging crime as a result. It's actually not a bad place to live. Just no oceans
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:07 PM   #9
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

Man, I loved living in Colorado Springs! Best city I have ever lived or visited in the US.... That's all. Nothing to add to the political discussion.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #10
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Everyone knows THE WARS ARE MAKING YOU POOR!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 02:48 PM   #11
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Actually, Colorado Springs thrives on the military. The main boulevard, Academy dead ends at the north at the Air Force Academy, and on the south end it passes by the entrance to Fort Carson, a major US Army post, and where I served. To the east is Peterson Air Base, and in the mountain to the west is NORAD. Yes the city has developed some other economies, but the wars and military spending only boost the Colorado Springs economy
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #12
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

U pretend millitary spending goes to a base. LOL!!! who are you trying to fool. Millitary spending goes to huge defense contractors. Solidiers get same pay.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #13
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
FD, is there such a thing as a liberal republican?
Lionel Rivera is the Republican mayor of Colorado Springs, Colorado. Elected in April 2003 and re-elected in 2007 on a mail ballot only election, he is the first Hispanic Vice Mayor and Mayor in the history of Colorado Springs.
Yes, and we have some Dem's here in Va that are pretty conservative. I have actually voted for a few Dem's here in Va. In Va a liberal dem can only run for office in a few areas and would probably never win a state election for Governor.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #14
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Everyone knows THE WARS ARE MAKING YOU POOR!!!!!!!
Wars have very little to no affect on city budgets.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:27 PM   #15
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
U pretend millitary spending goes to a base. LOL!!! who are you trying to fool. Millitary spending goes to huge defense contractors. Solidiers get same pay.
Do you really believe a fraction of the stuff that you post????? I would strongly suggest just a bit more research before posting because you often aren't putting yourself in the best light with many of your posts.

Those bases not only employ military personnel, but civilians in the local area and use local civilian contractors for many base support functions. Military bases bring in huge dollars to their local economies.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote