Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Game Shown in Baltimore?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #1
chrisl13
Special Teams

Redskins Game Shown in Baltimore?

I just started school in Baltimore Md and I just wanna ask anyone who lives in baltimore or near baltimore are Redskins games shown on tv here? of course im not talking about the primetime games. I just need to know this!! thanks

Advertisements
Old 09-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Re: Redskins Game Shown in Baltimore?

I think it may depend on your provider but most people i know up there don't get like 80% of the games.
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The skins should be the FOX games every sunday in Baltimore. That's how it is here with Dallas, and its the same with the saints in MS.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #4
steveherrin
Camp Scrub

I can't answer your question, but I can give you this link to the nfl broadcast maps. This is only updated right now for week 1, but it is the best place to go to find out if a game is on in your area. NFL - Everything you need to know about sports on television - the506.com

Hope this helps.

HAIL SKINS!!!
steveherrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:53 PM   #5
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

I live in Baltimore. You get most of the games but there are a significant amount you miss.

Anytime Baltimore plays at home, you have a real chance of missing the games.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #6
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveherrin View Post
I can't answer your question, but I can give you this link to the nfl broadcast maps. This is only updated right now for week 1, but it is the best place to go to find out if a game is on in your area. NFL - Everything you need to know about sports on television - the506.com

Hope this helps.

HAIL SKINS!!!
the506 has been a longtime tool for this site. The guy who runs the site has changed the layout from years past, but here it a link to the NFL Schedule and where each week's maps can be found: the506.com - Home

Anyways, if you will be directly in the city, you're at the mercy of the Baltimore Affiliates. Head to the local sports bar for the games you can't get at home.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
Ruhskins
Living Legend

If you have Direct TV or any satellite provider, you're screwed, you can only get Baltimore channels and they won't have many of the games. I don't know how Baltimore Verizon FiOS works, but in Howard County (where I live), I get both DC and Baltimore channels, which is great because I get to watch football games shown in DC but not in Baltimore, and vice versa. I think Comcast may be the same way.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:56 PM   #8
Duffman003
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
If you have Direct TV or any satellite provider, you're screwed, you can only get Baltimore channels and they won't have many of the games. I don't know how Baltimore Verizon FiOS works, but in Howard County (where I live), I get both DC and Baltimore channels, which is great because I get to watch football games shown in DC but not in Baltimore, and vice versa. I think Comcast may be the same way.
Yerp. I'm from Howard County, but recently moved to Federal Hill. I have to go back to Howard County for 70% of the games now.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:40 AM   #9
chrisl13
Special Teams

oh great. thanks everyone. i cant stand missing redskins games.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:45 AM   #10
RedskinsfaninBaltimore
Special Teams

I live in Baltimore too, obviously. But they show about 60% of our games. It really depends on what network you have. But you can always go to Sly Fox a 'Skins bar. They show all the games.
RedskinsfaninBaltimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:35 AM   #11
jdlea
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl13 View Post
I just started school in Baltimore Md and I just wanna ask anyone who lives in baltimore or near baltimore are Redskins games shown on tv here? of course im not talking about the primetime games. I just need to know this!! thanks
2 things:

1. What school are you going to?

2. I went to UMBC and, living in Baltimore County, I noticed that most of the times the Ravens were on at the same time as the Skins, the Skins game wasn't broadcast in Baltimore. I'd often joke that it was because no one wanted Ravens fans to know what offense is, har har. Anyway, my buddy is a Cowboys fan and we usually went to Damon's on Sundays when our game's weren't broadcast, they have Sunday tickets, a bunch of tv's and relatively affordable beers.

I'd recommend checking ahead each Sunday to see if the game will be on. More often than not, it probably won't be.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:36 AM   #12
mredskins
MVP

Baltimore County doesn't carry DC Fox, you will miss out this true for all providers. Sort of sucks but their are plenty of bars to go to. If you do go don't just spend $12 and have a cheese steak and endless diet cokes for 4 hours, actually make it worthwhile for the bartender.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:38 AM   #13
jdlea
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Baltimore County doesn't carry DC Fox, you will miss out this true for all providers. Sort of sucks but their are plenty of bars to go to. If you do go don't just spend $12 and have a cheese steak and endless diet cokes for 4 hours, actually make it worthwhile for the bartender.
Are you, by chance, a bartender, my friend? Lol...I usually spend a bit when I go out, just thought this post was kinda funny
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:20 AM   #14
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman003 View Post
Yerp. I'm from Howard County, but recently moved to Federal Hill. I have to go back to Howard County for 70% of the games now.
Go you could go to Sly Fox, its a Redskins bar.

I'm also in Columbia and I have Comcast so I don't get most of the games in HD, which blows. I can watch them in SD but it looks like poo. Luckily my sister is like 5 minutes away and she has Fios so I usually watch the games there.
The good thing about that is she has two daughters under 2 1/2 years old, so their presence usually keeps me from losing it when the team looks like crap.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:46 AM   #15
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
Go you could go to Sly Fox, its a Redskins bar.

I'm also in Columbia and I have Comcast so I don't get most of the games in HD, which blows. I can watch them in SD but it looks like poo. Luckily my sister is like 5 minutes away and she has Fios so I usually watch the games there.
The good thing about that is she has two daughters under 2 1/2 years old, so their presence usually keeps me from losing it when the team looks like crap.

You do realize that there is a DC Fox SD and a DC Fox HD? I believe channel 75 is SD and 235 is HD.