Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

How did other teams do?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-29-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

How did other teams do?

So not including our Skins, how do you think other teams did?

I'll be honest - I was going to start a thread on Cam Newton, based on this tweet:

Quote:
@AlbertBreer Albert Breer
RT @daringantt Awesome. Clausen was first guy in the building this morning. Newton's presser begins with him saying he'd like jersey No. 2.
7 minutes ago via web
Think the Panthers may really have blown it, Cam's first comment was, he's going on vacation, and his second (that I've heard) was a direct slam of another teammate. Not a good start...

But the whole first round may be worth some discussion, and later rounds too...

I would say the Browns got the best trade obviously, and Atlanta made the dumbest one.

Ponder by far was the biggest reach.

Other than Carolina the other top 4 made good picks.

And a good laugh at the end with Chicago and Baltimore's little escapade.

That was a fun evening of tv and Warpath!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-29-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
Terpfan76
Special Teams

Re: How did other teams do?

I think Detroit owned the first round. Fairley and Suh? Are you kidding me? We couldn't block Suh, imagine having to deal with both of them? Amazing. Congrats to the Lions, they deserve something good. Now it's our turn.
Terpfan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terpfan76 View Post
I think Detroit owned the first round. Fairley and Suh? Are you kidding me? We couldn't block Suh, imagine having to deal with both of them? Amazing. Congrats to the Lions, they deserve something good. Now it's our turn.
They should go for some DB help in the 2nd round. But yeah I think Detroit will be ready to compete with Chicago and the Pack, as long as Stafford is healthy.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Falcons messed up big. I'm sorry but a second receiver might help you out during the regular season but during the postseason it's not going to overcome a defense that has been exposed.

With what they gave up, Jones would have to get on the Larry Fitzgerald level to be worth what was traded for him. And it's sad to. By no means is he a bad player, he has a great work ethic, he's tough, played through injury (ran a 4.39 with a foot that need surgery), also had the production worthy of a top 10 draft pick. He's like an offensive lineman playing receiver.

I feel bad for him. Unless he's posting 1,300 yard seasons he will have fallen short of expectations.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Seems like they don't need to commit many resources to Haynesworth. haha

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:00 PM   #6
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
And Fairley isn't a guy I would have necessarily liked everywhere in the long run, but for God's sake we're talking about a head coach that made Albert Haynesworth a $100 million man. Fairely's talent is most certainly comparable to Haynesworth going all out.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:02 PM   #7
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Falcons messed up big. I'm sorry but a second receiver might help you out during the regular season but during the postseason it's not going to overcome a defense that has been exposed.

With what they gave up, Jones would have to get on the Larry Fitzgerald level to be worth what was traded for him. And it's sad to. By no means is he a bad player, he has a great work ethic, he's tough, played through injury (ran a 4.39 with a foot that need surgery), also had the production worthy of a top 10 draft pick.

I feel bad for him. Unless he's posting 1,300 yard seasons he will have fallen short of expectations.
I want to lambast the Falcons for this, but they are actually a pretty good fit for Jones. Of all the places he could have landed, their system (with White established as the no. 1) is one of the few places where he will avoid appearing as a bust.

They gave up WAY, WAY too much for the production they will get. It wasn't at all a good move. But if any other team had made the same move, there would be a clock counting down to the firing of their front office. With Dimitroff, it's an aggressive move that probably hurts the team, but actually makes some sense for them.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:03 PM   #8
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
And Fairley isn't a guy I would have necessarily liked everywhere in the long run, but for God's sake we're talking about a head coach that made Albert Haynesworth a $100 million man. Fairely's talent is most certainly comparable to Haynesworth going all out.
I'm sure Brett Favre is glad he chose retirement.

Jay Cutler and Aaron Rodgers, on the other hand....pray to the Lord for mercy.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:04 PM   #9
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
If those two play nice together it could be a long game for opposing qbs, but I can see a situation where they end up feeding the negatives and causing an implosion. In this case I think the chemistry will outweigh the individual talents, I just am not sure if it will be a positive or a negative. (an example is in a negative competitive mode they could become a personal foul tandem of epic scale, I don't think Suh needs much prodding to put him over that AH - head stomping line)
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:05 PM   #10
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
So not including our Skins, how do you think other teams did?

I'll be honest - I was going to start a thread on Cam Newton, based on this tweet:

Think the Panthers may really have blown it, Cam's first comment was, he's going on vacation, and his second (that I've heard) was a direct slam of another teammate. Not a good start...

But the whole first round may be worth some discussion, and later rounds too...

I would say the Browns got the best trade obviously, and Atlanta made the dumbest one.

Ponder by far was the biggest reach.

Other than Carolina the other top 4 made good picks.

And a good laugh at the end with Chicago and Baltimore's little escapade.

That was a fun evening of tv and Warpath!
Sometimes I wonder what the hell NFL front office people are thinking. Cam Newton has so many holes as a QB. He must've went in the Carolina complex and sold them. This pick is going to set them back for the next several years.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:07 PM   #11
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Unfortunately if I am a fan of any one of our three division rivals, I like the move that my team made.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:08 PM   #12
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
If those two play nice together it could be a long game for opposing qbs, but I can see a situation where they end up feeding the negatives and causing an implosion. In this case I think the chemistry will outweigh the individual talents, I just am not sure if it will be a positive or a negative. (an example is in a negative competitive mode they could become a personal foul tandem of epic scale, I don't think Suh needs much prodding to put him over that AH - head stomping line)
Nah, just because AH and Suh have the same coach doesn't mean they necessarily have the same personality.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:09 PM   #13
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Also how about Tenn and Minn reaching??? It just goes to show how desperate teams are for good QB play.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:10 PM   #14
GTripp0012
Living Legend

I just dont understand the praise being heaped on the Eagles and Giants this morning. The Giants went BPA and ended up taking a non-impact player at a premium position that wasn't a need. Amukamara is a no. 2 corner on that team who should start for them between 2012 and 2019. Hardly a cause for a party.

And the Eagles picked a 26 year old interior lineman. Probably the worst pick of the round and out of character for the Eagles.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #15
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I agee. Real nice job by Det. Martin Mayhew seems to know what he's doing. If Fairley can keep his momentum going then this is going to be a great pick.