Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Hatters In The Media

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-31-2011, 12:42 PM   #211
MTK
\m/

Re: Redskins Hatters In The Media

The media at large really has their heads up their asses when it comes to predictions.

Advertisements
Old 08-31-2011, 01:17 PM   #212
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
The media at large really has their heads up their asses when it comes to predictions.

Pretty much.

National magazines predict Redskins will stink - DC Sports Bog - The Washington Post

It's bad when Steinberg is defending us.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 08-31-2011 at 01:18 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:37 PM   #213
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Ron Jaworski would take issue with that......I think I value his opinion more..
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:39 PM   #214
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Every year a team which is universally lauded ends up stinking. And a team which is universally reviled ends up contending. Therefore what people are saying now is just meaningless hot air. What matters is what the standings say in January.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:34 PM   #215
Meks
Pro Bowl

I don't mind word... cuz I have a goodfeeling the action on the field will speak volumes and shut ppl up
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:36 PM   #216
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

There's a lot of hatting on the Redskins by the media right now, so I figured I'd show at least one prominent media member who isn't hatting on the Redskins. Michael Lombardi, who incidentally is one of my least favorite members of the media, for being a Redskins hatter in the past whose credentials I don't like (Worked in the FO for Cleveland and Oakland, which isn't impressive), is saying a couple nice things about the Skins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Lombardi
"Truth be told ... the Redskins, to me, this summer, have shown me more than any team in the NFC East," Lombardi said.

Lombardi noted the quarterback concern, but then mentioned how much better the Redskins look running the football.

"I think [Mike] Shanahan was embarrassed last year, I think you could see it in his demeanor this summer. His team looks much more organized. They look effective running the football. They're not trying to run Clinton Portis and have this old offensive line, which has played much better this year. I like Washington."
Old 09-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #217
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I don't concern myself with media hatters. For one thing, those of us who read this board know more about the Redskins than they do. They often base their opinions on information that is incorrect or out of date. The national writers are trying to follow every NFL team at once which is virtually impossible to do.

Some of them don't do their homework and they just go with their gut feelings based on what they saw last season. Some of them think that Dan Snyder is still influencing football decisions.

The bottom line for me is that most of them just don't know enough about the Redskins to have a legitimate opinion on how well the Skins might do in 2011.

Last edited by KI Skins Fan; 09-01-2011 at 09:01 AM.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:23 AM   #218
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I don't concern myself with media hatters. For one thing, those of us who read this board know more about the Redskins than they do. They often base their opinions on information that is incorrect or out of date. The national writers are trying to follow every NFL team at once which is virtually impossible to do.

Some of them don't do their homework and they just go with their gut feelings based on what they saw last season. Some of them think that Dan Snyder is still influencing football decisions.

The bottom line for me is that most of them just don't know enough about the Redskins to have a legitimate opinion on how well the Skins might do in 2011.
Exactly. The national media has no actual insight other than looking at last years results, a sheet of transactions and visiting a few websites. It's actually really sad how poorly they do their jobs but whatever.

Bottom line is the team is improved at every position group, another year in the offense and the 3-4, another season of Shanahan's 'program', players suited to what they are being asked to do. I laugh at the 2-14, 3-13, 5-11 and even the 6-10 predictions. With any other coach, I'd say sure because of the QB position but I've got a feeling we are about to see a classic Shanahan season with a tough running game, opportunistic passing game and solid play on defense. Combine that with the 4th easiest schedule in the league and I think everyone outside of the fan base will be 'surprised' at how we do this year.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #219
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekSkin View Post
Here's one media member that doesnt wear hats!

Magazine loves Eagles, hates Redskins - NFC East Blog - ESPN

Kudos to Dan Graziano who continues to look like he actually does his job as opposed to rehashing pre-determined "opinions"
I love ESPN on ESPN crime. Graz has been tough but fair on the Redskins so far and has been willing to recognize progress. I think he will probably go 7-9 and last place for us but that's more in the realm of reality than 3-13.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Old 09-01-2011, 09:39 AM   #220
celts32
Playmaker

It's not usually the best thing for a team to have the media telling them how great they are all summer. The media trashing the redskins in preseason is perfect. Sure it's nice to get media recognition during the season when your team is playing well, but as far as all this preseason hot air...I want to be as far under the radar as possible. They are doing us a favor...we should thank them not criticise them.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #221
VegasSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Goo points about the media keeping the player egos in check. It just seems like the media hates Snyder and always will. The only thing that will change that is success.

Sucks that we have an improved team and all the ass hat media are going to say we came out of nowhere since they didn't really look at the moves made. I don't think well start to get any love unless we are 3-1 coming out of the rams game. Then it will be a huge story.
VegasSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #222
over the mountain
Playmaker

if we start off well like we did with the first 6 to 8 games with zorns first season i think the media will be giving us a love fest. we just have to win, then the media accolades will come pouring in. zorns first season was unreal. we were all over espn, sportscenter, it was pretty awesome, JC being talked about as a fran qb, portis being a MVP candidate. one day we will have sustained success, cant wait!
Old 09-01-2011, 11:53 AM   #223
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
I love ESPN on ESPN crime. Graz has been tough but fair on the Redskins so far and has been willing to recognize progress. I think he will probably go 7-9 and last place for us but that's more in the realm of reality than 3-13.
I agree, the reality is this is a 6 to 8 win team. 3 wins or 13 wins just isnt realistic for this team.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #224
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I agree, the reality is this is a 6 to 8 win team. 3 wins or 13 wins just isnt realistic for this team.
I'm right there with you.. Significant injuries could push us into the 6 win range but healthy, this is about a 7 win team with potential to push for the 6 spot with 9 wins if all falls right. .500 with positive momentum will be a success for year 2 of the Shanny era... Of course most of the hatters will be calling for a change and saying Snyder is ready to blow it up.. Don't let the hatters make you mad.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #225
SBprimetime
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Yeah I think we'll end up in the 7-9 wins range. I just don't understand how anyone that fancies themselves an "expert" could look at the moves we've made (both additions and subtractions), while also taking into account another year of familiarity with the schemes, and think that we are a worse team than last year. WE went 6-10 last year! What have we done to get that much worse?! It appears we have 2 QB's more capable of running the offense than McNabb ever was.