Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who do you want to start at QB?

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Who Do You Want Starting at QB Opening Day?
John Beck 123 73.65%
Rex Grossman 44 26.35%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 09:45 AM   #46
Gagoosh
Camp Scrub

Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

I voted for Beck. I liked his interview on the NFL network and the fact that he was willing to share the spotlight with his lineman. That is a sign of leadership. Also, I like his mobility and decision making in the Indy game.

Advertisements
Old 08-24-2011, 10:18 AM   #47
Longtimefan
Playmaker

On Jan.20th 2010 this poll was conducted on which QB we thought would start the 2011 season. http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...he+2011+season

We've seen 1/2 of a preseason game from John Beck and the disparity, percentage wise, between he and Rex Grossman has shrunk tremendously during that eight month period. There has to be a good reason for that.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:25 AM   #48
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Its too early to vote now,Becks played a couple qaurters,thats it,you cant base anything on that.If he starts against the Ravens and plays well we will know a little more,but not much,even that could be misleading.
I like Grossmans approach of looking downfield and stretching the field more,I hate the dink n dunk crap.
Ive only seen Beck in one game,is it just me or does he have a wierd throwing motion? I thought a few times it looked like he was slinging some sidearm
Old 08-24-2011, 10:25 AM   #49
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
On Jan.20th 2010 this poll was conducted on which QB we thought would start the 2011 season. http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...he+2011+season

We've seen 1/2 of a preseason game from John Beck and the disparity, percentage wise, between he and Rex Grossman has shrunk tremendously during that eight month period. There has to be a good reason for that.
Well...they are two different questions
Old 08-24-2011, 10:35 AM   #50
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Its too early to vote now,Becks played a couple qaurters,thats it,you cant base anything on that.If he starts against the Ravens and plays well we will know a little more,but not much,even that could be misleading.
I like Grossmans approach of looking downfield and stretching the field more,I hate the dink n dunk crap.
Ive only seen Beck in one game,is it just me or does he have a wierd throwing motion? I thought a few times it looked like he was slinging some sidearm
For the most part I've been a supporter of John Beck from day one. I did so because I hadn't seen much of him in the past and wanted to see what he could do in this offense. My support for him has not waned because I'm a Redskin fan and whoever is under center I'll root for, but I want to see more of him under different sets of circumstances before the pendulum can be swung either up or down.

Last edited by Longtimefan; 08-24-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:41 AM   #51
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well...they are two different questions
Maybe, but I think the end result is basically the same. If there's a judgement there must be something to base it on.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #52
skinsfan69
Living Legend

At this point I really don't care. Everyone is on the Beck bandwagon after one half of a pre season game. To me that's just ridiculous. I just can't judge a guy off that. I assume we're going to see both guys this year and perhaps one will seperate himself. But I really believe that this team needs to draft a guy next year.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #53
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Beck for 3 simple reasons:
1. We've seen all that Rex can do-good and bad. We aren't in a position where the QB is going to be the difference between being a SB contender or being 3-13. We are probably firmly in the 7 to 9 win range so it's best to see what we have in Beck.
2. Beck seems to have the pulse and support of the team. Not trying to overstate things from one half of one preseason game but Beck has really stepped up to become a leader, Rex seems happy to just be part of the team. I want my QB to lead by example and set a tone.
3. I really want to shut up the Mike Greenburgs and Rich Eisens of the national media who keep singing the 'JOHN BECK!?!?' chorus like he's a guy we pulled out of the accounting department of IBM and plugged him in. I hope Mike and Kyle drop a big old 'told ya so' on those guys.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Old 08-24-2011, 11:22 AM   #54
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:

When that poll was made Shanny had not yet made public statements of support for Beck. Also, after McNabb had been yanked, Grossman played, not Beck. The lay of the speculation land was different then, even if we lay aside preseason 2011 performance.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 08-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #55
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I saw some of that sidearm motion as well
Old 08-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #56
celts32
Playmaker

Beck is the easy choice. We already know what Grossman is. Beck is more of an unknown...he could be better or he could be worse. Only way to find out is to play him. We can always turn to Grossman during the season if Beck is a flop.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
Old 08-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #57
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
When that poll was made Shanny had not yet made public statements of support for Beck. Also, after McNabb had been yanked, Grossman played, not Beck. The lay of the speculation land was different then, even if we lay aside preseason 2011 performance.
For me it was not about Shanahan and or his support for either QB. It was about opinions solicited from our posters and their support or lack thereof for those listed in the poll. I voted in the poll based on my feelings when comparing the QB's listed for comparison not having any idea how Shanahan felt about any of them...Beck/Grossman respectively since they were already on the team at the time the poll was conducted.

Look closely and you'll witness some suggesting Beck should not even be on the team, to now suggesting he should be the starter. Your word is your bond.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #58
MTK
\m/

A lot has changed since then. Hard to hold opinions against someone given the circumstances then vs. now.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:05 PM   #59
Longtimefan
Playmaker

There's not much of a premium on opinions therefore they need not be valued. I understand.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #60
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
For me it was not about Shanahan and or his support for either QB. It was about opinions solicited from our posters and their support or lack thereof for those listed in the poll. I voted in the poll based on my feelings when comparing the QB's listed for comparison not having any idea how Shanahan felt about any of them...Beck/Grossman respectively since they were already on the team at the time the poll was conducted.

Look closely and you'll witness some suggesting Beck should not even be on the team, to now suggesting he should be the starter. Your word is your bond.
Honestly, I don't entirely follow your point here