Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Redskins Gear

Redskins Memorabilia Charity Auction

Redskins Gear

Old 10-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #1
Leader In Sports
Special Teams

Redskins Memorabilia Charity Auction

For the past 6 (I think) years, I have been doing various charity events for the local food bank (Home - Fredericksburg Area Food Bank). This year we have partnered with other sports memorabilia dealers and through some connections I was even able to get the Redskins to participate.

Part of the event will be a competition between Redskins and Cowboy fans. The auction will be during the morning show on WFLS (WFLS 93.3 FM - Homepage) the week of November 12-16. The event will open and close with comparable Redskin and Cowboy memorabilia. We will add up both day's totals for the two teams and find out which fans are more loyal.

You can listen to the show on FM 93.3 if you are in the area, or online if not. You place bids by calling the morning show and can even arrange to have the items shipped to you directly by the people at the Food Bank. This is a great event where 100% of the gross proceeds go to purchase families a holiday dinner. Every bid will add several more people that can have a holiday meal.

Below is a cut and paste from my website. I can tell you the Hanburger jersey is really cool and something that Chris has never made available to the public before. We also have no plans on doing anything like it for the commercial market:
Quote:
LeaderInSports.com is proud to partner with our friends at WFLS to host a Sports Memorabilia Charity Auction
100% of the proceeds going directly to the Fredericksburg Area Food Bank to purchase turkeys for the holiday season. The auction will be held November 12th - 16th on the morning show with Jessica & Steve. The items up for auction are:

Monday, November 12th:
Cowboy v Redskins Fan Loyalty Part 1:
Bid on either a Mark Rypien or Danny White autographed jersey
(Courtesy of Leader In Sports)

Tuesday, November 13th:
Pete Rose First Game Autographed and Framed 41"x31" Photo
(Courtesy of The Card Cellar)

Wednesday, November 14th:
DeAngelo Hall Autographed Football
(Courtesy of the Washington Redskins)

Thursday, November 15th:
Chris Hanburger One of a kind autographed stat jersey signed with the following inscriptions:
9 Time Pro Bowl
4 Time All Pro
72 NFC Champs
Hail to the Redskins
"We Beat Dallas"
(This jersey was signed to commemorate the Redskins victory over Dallas in the 72 NFC Championship Game
and is courtesey of Leader In Sports)

Friday, November 16th:
Cowboy v Redskins Fan Loyalty Part 2:
Bid on either a Demarcus Ware or Ryan Kerrigan Jersey
(Demarcus Ware Jersey Courtesy of GameBreaker Sports)
(Ryan Kerrigan Jersey Courtesy of The Washington Redskins)

Bids will be placed by calling the morning show. For more information visit WFLS's website or listen online or at 93.3. FM
Good luck and happy bidding.
Leader In Sports is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
Leader In Sports
Special Teams

Re: Redskins Memorabilia Charity Auction

The auction starts next week. I will be on the air during the 7 am hour on Monday the 12th as we kick this off. If you want to see the items that will be auctioned for the Food Bank you can click on this link:

WFLS 93.3 FM - Food Bank Auction
Old 11-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
Leader In Sports
Special Teams

I just found out that when I am appearing in the studio, I will be joined by a surprise celebrity guest from the Redskins. You will have to listen to find out who.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #4
Leader In Sports
Special Teams

I thought I would give this a bump since the auction kicks off this Monday morning. Don't forget that both Monday and Friday are fan loyalty contests to see if Cowboys or Redskins fans are more loyal. On Monday we have a Danny White autographed jersey versus a Mark Rypien autographed jersey.

On Friday we go to current defensive and have DeMarcus Ware versus Ryan Kerrigan. If you live out of the area you can listen to the auction on WFLS 93.3 FM - Homepage and if you win and item you can have it shipped to you directly from the people at the food bank.

Please support this very important cause. For every dollar raised, 3 more people will have a meal.