Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

McNabb, case study-coaching or talent at qb?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-15-2011, 05:00 PM   #31
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: McNabb, case study-coaching or talent at qb?

People can say what they want about McNabb but he seems to be a class act. The only knock I have on him is that he didn't seem toeimbrace Shan's system and maybe lacked effort. Other then that has has been an outstanding person for this game.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-15-2011, 05:15 PM   #32
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
People can say what they want about McNabb but he seems to be a class act. The only knock I have on him is that he didn't seem toeimbrace Shan's system and maybe lacked effort. Other then that has has been an outstanding person for this game.
Class act? You shitting me? You mean the same "class act" that had his agent blast the head coach and OC during the season, and then turn around the next day and say "I don't have a problem with Kyle". Did he scold his agent? Nope. Did he refute anything he said? Nope. In fact, he did absolutely nothing but play that "neutral...ooo....i'm so innocent" role.

There is a reason the locker room was split 50/50 in that whole TO fiasco in Philly. It's because many on the team thought he was two faced, and judging by his short time here, it was a accurate assessment.

**** this assclown. I hope he has a miserable season so I can sit back and laugh at him and then everybody will know what a fraud he is.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #33
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Class act? You shitting me? You mean the same "class act" that had his agent blast the head coach and OC during the season, and then turn around the next day and say "I don't have a problem with Kyle". Did he scold his agent? Nope. Did he refute anything he said? Nope. In fact, he did absolutely nothing but play that "neutral...ooo....i'm so innocent" role.

There is a reason the locker room was split 50/50 in that whole TO fiasco in Philly. It's because many on the team thought he was two faced, and judging by his short time here, it was a accurate assessment.

**** this assclown. I hope he has a miserable season so I can sit back and laugh at him and then everybody will know what a fraud he is.
Nobody is as perfect as you think you are.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:19 PM   #34
Longtimefan
Playmaker

At some point he is going to have to accept the realization that Andy Reid was right. Maybe he really is finished. His game has been in decline since 2006 when injuries began to take their toll. Being traded from Philly was a heart-breaker for him despite the fact he did a good job of keeping his emotions in check. He'll never again come close to duplicating any of his better years spent with Reid.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:21 PM   #35
pg86
No new threads for you

Jeff Garcia Koy Detmer Feeley etc all looked great in that system in philly its the system......McNabb isn't that good he's like trent green a system qb at best
pg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:23 PM   #36
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Skilled at PR =/= classy.

This is what McNabb learned, and hence why he has power over the uneducated masses.

Communication studies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.

Last edited by SirClintonPortis; 09-15-2011 at 05:54 PM.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #37
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Nobody is as perfect as you think you are.
He's more skilled than you give him credit for, and that's why you're McNabb's bitch.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #38
warriorzpath

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Skilled at PR =/= classy.

This is what McNabb learned, and hence why has power of the uneducated masses.

Communication studies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I agree 100%. That's why I don't put stock in classy. I prefer attitudes and traits that are more TEAM-based.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:26 PM   #39
Mechanix544
The Starter

I actually dont give a shit. Guy is yesterdays news........now about this rex grossman pro bowlesque thing we got going on here.................................

turn the ****ing page people.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:34 PM   #40
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
I actually dont give a shit. Guy is yesterdays news........now about this rex grossman pro bowlesque thing we got going on here.................................

Thank you! I'd rather we see how the next few weeks go and maybe a start a similar thread to this..but about Rex Grossman
Old 09-15-2011, 06:35 PM   #41
That Guy
Living Legend

I'm in the who's cares, he's gone boat.

I don't think he cares that much about football right now though. all those reports of being slow in practice, not learning the playbook, not following coaching etc here were probably true.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:40 PM   #42
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Amen.

Which is why I started my first post with.

Quote:
Why are we still talking about this jackass?

Move along. Lock this sucker up.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:58 PM   #43
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

By listening to your comments you almost make it seem personal. While he was in Philly, McNabb was a top 5-10 QB. Any person w/ football knowledge would probably agree. Outside of Tom Brady I don't think anyone did more w/ less. Right now he simply doesn't have the weapons around him to be a top Qb, and he's no longer good enough to carry an offense, like he did for so many years in Philly.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:59 PM   #44
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

I agree. It's so time to move on past McNabb. It didn't work out here. Time to turn the damn page.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #45
Meks
Pro Bowl

on orton n mcdaniels... I didn't know the leading reciever and Eddie royal were NOTHING... smh and screw mcloser he blows
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote