Obama's $535,000,000 Waist Of Tax Payers Money

Debating with the enemy

Old 09-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #46
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: Obama's $535,000,000 Waist Of Tax Payers Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
You missed the point. The Taliban are a multifaceted group with a different agenda from al-Qaeda. The Taliban seek a voice in the Afghani government and might become more peaceful if they get that voice, like the IRA did in Ireland. The same cannot be said for al-Qaeda, which has a different agenda and a different MO. So treating the Taliban and al-Qaeda differently makes realistic sense, as many foreign policy experts beyond Obama have said.
No I didn't miss the point which is why I added the links. Proving they have been connected to each other in the past helping each other out while attacking American soldiers. Anyone who is going to side with Al-Qaeda does not need peacful negotiations.

But, others probably would have prefered us to have had peaceful negotiations with the Nazi's as well maybe all the Jews and Americans would not have been killed. We probably should have had peaceful negotiations with North Korea as well.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #47
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
No I didn't miss the point which is why I added the links. Proving they have been connected to each other in the past helping each other out while attacking American soldiers. Anyone who is going to side with Al-Qaeda does not need peacful negotiations.

But, others probably would have prefered us to have had peaceful negotiations with the Nazi's as well maybe all the Jews and Americans would not have been killed. We probably should have had peaceful negotiations with North Korea as well.
No one disputes the idea of past connections. You have successfully demonstrated what everyone already knows.

What you haven't done is come to terms with other issues which are involved.

And just to be clear, we did try peaceful negotiations with the Nazis and still are engaged in peaceful negotiations with North Korea. That's diplomacy. Don't forget the wisdom of the great Chinese warrior Sun Tzu: the best general never fights because he is able to create peaceful resolutions.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:44 AM   #48
saden1
MVP

I have no problem with the government lending money because government loans have made America what it is. From small business to large America has always lent its support to entrepreneurs I hope it continues.

What I do have a problem with is the lending of money without oversight and controls in place. In the case of Solyndra that wasn't an issue because the analysts advised against making the loan. This debacle is a colossal failure in governance on the part of the Obama administration. It may not have been not have been willful but it certainly was negligent.

I am left to ask why lend that large sum of money to one start-up company? Why not spread the money to various companies and mitigate the risk? And the only logical answer is that the decision was political. This is going to be a huge issue for Obama to wiggle out and I hope we will have answers as to what really happened.

TT Fail!

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 09-22-2011 at 01:00 AM.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:48 AM   #49
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I agree with Ruhskins in that, for every dumb move a democrat makes, a dumb republican move is there to counter it, and vice versa. It is tiring to hear an attack by FD on Obama. And it is just as tiring to hear an attack on Bush as the main reply. 3yrs into Obama's presidency, and rather than discuss the problems, the democratic machine still attacks Bush. How much have we spent in Afghanistan since Pres. Obama was elected. etc etc, and on it goes.

pretty frustrating. (but don't worry cuz pretty soon all 300+million of us are going to sit down together and deliberate till we come to the rational answer)
You're still thinking inside the box...venture outside the box sometime, beautiful possibilities await.

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 09-22-2011 at 01:00 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:58 AM   #50
saden1
MVP

Quote:

Damn the counter-terrorist reports...one of these days we're going to kill them all or they will simply fold in the face of our military might.

Speaking of terrorists, I have been terrorized by ants the past few weeks. I have tried to kill them all but they just kept coming back. Just the other day I think I figured out why they were coming at my place so hard. It turns out I had a half-full open soda can near the door. Once I removed the can their numbers started waning but then again it could be due to the onset of winter. Regardless, I am happy they won't terrorize me anymore.

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 09-22-2011 at 12:59 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:12 AM   #51
dmek25
MVP

nice saden....ants are a horrible thing ya know?
Old 09-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #52
SBXVII
Franchise Player

NATO Claims Killing Of Afghan Commander Linked To Deadly U.S. Helicopter Downing | Fox News

Perhaps now we can have "Peacefull" negotiations.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:14 AM   #53
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Definitly need to cut back on Social Security for these types of things.

Obama Administration Building New Drone Bases In Horn Of Africa, Arabian Peninsula | Fox News
Old 09-22-2011, 11:27 AM   #54
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I have no problem with the government lending money because government loans have made America what it is. From small business to large America has always lent its support to entrepreneurs I hope it continues.

What I do have a problem with is the lending of money without oversight and controls in place. In the case of Solyndra that wasn't an issue because the analysts advised against making the loan. This debacle is a colossal failure in governance on the part of the Obama administration. It may not have been not have been willful but it certainly was negligent.

I am left to ask why lend that large sum of money to one start-up company? Why not spread the money to various companies and mitigate the risk? And the only logical answer is that the decision was political. This is going to be a huge issue for Obama to wiggle out and I hope we will have answers as to what really happened.

TT Fail!
There are other loans still in the pipeline to be approved under this program, Solyndra was simply the first to get approved. In fact they started the competitive application process back in 2006 under the Bush admin, but they saw the red flags and said no thanks. So they didn't just pop up in 2010 and ask for half a billion. I agree with you, however, that this reeks of negligence.

Someone in the government should come forth with more answers about the vetting process and why were the red flags ignored. But my personal opinion is the political fallout for the Obama admin. will be minimal. Unless the president was directly involved, laws were broken or there were back-door agreements, I don't see it being a huge campaign issue. It might come up in a debate here and there, but people are mostly focused on the big issues of the day. We'll see I guess.

Last edited by 12thMan; 09-22-2011 at 11:29 AM.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:13 PM   #55
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
There are other loans still in the pipeline to be approved under this program, Solyndra was simply the first to get approved. In fact they started the competitive application process back in 2006 under the Bush admin, but they saw the red flags and said no thanks. So they didn't just pop up in 2010 and ask for half a billion. I agree with you, however, that this reeks of negligence.

Someone in the government should come forth with more answers about the vetting process and why were the red flags ignored. But my personal opinion is the political fallout for the Obama admin. will be minimal. Unless the president was directly involved, laws were broken or there were back-door agreements, I don't see it being a huge campaign issue. It might come up in a debate here and there, but people are mostly focused on the big issues of the day. We'll see I guess.
Ignorance on the part of Obama is no defense and at the end of the day it's another stain on his record. Of course it won't help the Republican candidate as much as it could have due to thier idiotic support for giving no strings attached money to the highly profitable oil industry.

-Jenkins
Old 09-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #56
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:

First thing highlighted

You really need some one to come foward and explain this?

They donated to Obams. Check
They had a green company. Check
Obama need his poster company. Check
Obama OK's 535million. "Check"

Second thing highlighted.

"People are focused on the bigger issues"

Thats what will do him in.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #57
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:

Maybe they can invest in Lightsquare along with George Soros? You know the phone system the Obam admin. approved that interfers with the millitarys GPS system. This is getting too easy.

Soros turns up in Obama's LightSquared imbroglio | Campaign 2012
Old 09-22-2011, 01:54 PM   #58
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
No, because the family of the Afghan commander or the troops who were loyal to him will only seek revenge and kill more American servicemen in retaliation.

Then, Leon Panetta will stand before a podium and tell us that these actions will not go unpunished, that this is the reason we will never give up, and that we have to keep fighting. So we'll send more drones; kill more of their people, . . . and then the sons, daughters, nephews and neices of the Afghans that we turned into a pink mist will seek vengeance . . . on and on it goes.

So there's the cycle. It will never end until somebody finally realizes that the only way for the killing to stop is for us to go the hell home. Which is precisely the same point we'd be making to them if their helicopters, drones and troops were over here.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:02 PM   #59
firstdown
Living Legend

These green projects of Obama are costing the Tax Payers a bunch of green. Another 43 million wasted on a corp that is now going bankrupt.

Beacon Power goes bankrupt despite federal, state support - BostonHerald.com
Old 10-31-2011, 05:15 PM   #60
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
People like you have made me hate politics and have led me to believe that this country is down the sh*tter because both sides are too quick to attack each other instead of fixing problems. For every Obama f*ck up, I can come up with Bush f*ck up. For every Republican f*ck up, I can come up with a Democrat f*ck up. This two-party system is heading for failure, because of people like you on both sides of this country's political spectrum, who live to just attack the other side.

This is not a democracy, this is just a fight between two sides who are trying to prove the other wrong. While everyone else is getting f*cked by a terrible economy. Don't get me wrong, I think this is a terrible thing that has happened. But as a country we need to start getting the ENTIRE government accountable for what is happening right now. Sure, Obama is going to lose the next election, but whoever replaces him is going to continue the same tiring cycle of both sides fighting each other and not making progress.
I'm late on this, but still have to note what a great post this is.