Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

QB needy teams

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
skinster
Impact Rookie

QB needy teams

I was looking at the 2012 draft (no I haven't given up on the season, I just like looking at the future), and I was seeing the probability of one of the top 3 qb prospects dropping to us.

Most teams with qb issues recently took a guy that should be their future very recently.

The only possible teams I see that I would assume draft a qb if he is there are the dolphins (definitely going to) and the seahawks.

Currently, the teams that would seriously entertain the idea are the colts (Manning's successor) and the chiefs (cassell doing it?)

Then there are the longshots in the Browns (McCoy the answer?), the Cardinals (if they do poorly enough), the Broncos (Tebow's play will determine), and the Bills (if they start to self destruct).

The point of this thread is really to gauge if the skins have a shot at drafting a qb next year. Yes I know there is alot to be determined, but that's why it's called gauging a prediction.

I say that unless someone underrated that we really like is there, or another Aaron Rodgers incident happens, we won't be in a position to get a guy of the future. Grossman clearly isn't that, and Beck at 29 is the backup to grossman. That doesn't inspire alot of confidence from the coaches in Beck. Not to say that these guys aren't adequate for now, but just that it would be unwise to plan to have them as our franchise qb of the future. I'd think its safe to assume that we'll be hoping to land a franchise qb this offseason. The wildcard imo is matt flynn who is a FA (possibly restricted though) and apparently is doing great as the backup to rodgers.

Last edited by skinster; 10-18-2011 at 12:57 PM.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-18-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: QB needy teams

I understand your logic here but we talk about QB's in every thread.. I'll say that this draft is a good looking QB class BUT it is always a crap shoot.. Luck is Bradford like so he'll be great.. The others are ?s I've watched ev game of Landry Jones career and he's a solid QB but not even close to Luck or Bradford not even Newton. Weedon out of OKST is already 26 or 27 years old so I dont want him.. Then who else is left? Foles from Arizona maybe?

I also don't see us having a shot bcuz I think we will win 8-9 games this season
Old 10-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
GTripp0012
Living Legend

The QB market is going to flood next year, in part because it was so weak this year that we inflated the stock of guys like Kaepernick, Dalton, Locker, etc. Newton and Gabbert would have been no. 1s in any year, but the rest of the draft got inflated. And because those guys are all still high picks, the fact that Campbell, Henne, Orton, Flynn, Hanie, etc are all going to be free agents and that the 2012 QB draft class is one of the strongest in recent memory.

So anyone who needs a quarterback can one way cheaper than in 2010 or 2011. In other words, Beck v Grossman is not relevant.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I agree with Tripp, Beck and Grossman are in the past for skins fans after 2011 UNLESS Beck is a true baller
Old 10-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #5
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I understand your logic here but we talk about QB's in every thread.. I'll say that this draft is a good looking QB class BUT it is always a crap shoot.. Luck is Bradford like so he'll be great.. The others are ?s I've watched ev game of Landry Jones career and he's a solid QB but not even close to Luck or Bradford not even Newton. Weedon out of OKST is already 26 or 27 years old so I dont want him.. Then who else is left? Foles from Arizona maybe?

I also don't see us having a shot bcuz I think we will win 8-9 games this season
So if we lose most of our games the rest of this season then maybe we have a shot in the draft. Hmmmm, maybe we should keep Rex in...
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:14 PM   #6
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
So if we lose most of our games the rest of this season then maybe we have a shot in the draft. Hmmmm, maybe we should keep Rex in...
If Rex starts Sunday IDK what I'll do
Old 10-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #7
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
I was looking at the 2012 draft (no I haven't given up on the season, I just like looking at the future), and I was seeing the probability of one of the top 3 qb prospects dropping to us.

Most teams with qb issues recently took a guy that should be their future very recently.

The only possible teams I see that I would assume draft a qb if he is there are the dolphins (definitely going to) and the seahawks.

Currently, the teams that would seriously entertain the idea are the colts (Manning's successor) and the chiefs (cassell doing it?)

Then there are the longshots in the Browns (McCoy the answer?), the Cardinals (if they do poorly enough), the Broncos (Tebow's play will determine), and the Bills (if they start to self destruct).

The point of this thread is really to gauge if the skins have a shot at drafting a qb next year. Yes I know there is alot to be determined, but that's why it's called gauging a prediction.

I say that unless someone underrated that we really like is there, or another Aaron Rodgers incident happens, we won't be in a position to get a guy of the future. Grossman clearly isn't that, and Beck at 29 is the backup to grossman. That doesn't inspire alot of confidence from the coaches in Beck. Not to say that these guys aren't adequate for now, but just that it would be unwise to plan to have them as our franchise qb of the future. I'd think its safe to assume that we'll be hoping to land a franchise qb this offseason. The wildcard imo is matt flynn who is a FA (possibly restricted though) and apparently is doing great as the backup to rodgers.
Im personally really high on Matt Flynn. I think our offense is pretty simular to GBs and can imagine him working out well for us. I dont think him being restricted really matters since i think hes gonna be pretty highly demanded and it will be too pricey for GB to match the offers he'll get elsewhere.

I dont really agree with most of your long shots but ill add another one to that list that im sure others wont agree with. The Jets. If a QB they like falls to them in the draft i think they will pick him.

Last edited by mlmpetert; 10-18-2011 at 01:22 PM.
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #8
ashvirtually
Special Teams

Quote:
No. He needs to be put in solitary for at least a game or two because he peed himself against Philly. Like I teach my girls, there are consequences for your actions ... and there need to be consequences for Rex's actions here.

He needs a time out.
ashvirtually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #9
Meks
Pro Bowl

I like Nick foles and he seems more our eventual draft position
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:25 PM   #10
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
I'm sure people won't say a pip about Shanahan and continue to b*tch about Rex.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #11
44ever

Quote:
I don't know why, but when I read your post I just started laughing... Probably because I feel the same way.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:36 PM   #12
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't know why, but when I read your post I just started laughing... Probably because I feel the same way.

@ Ruhskins- If Rex starts I WILL Bitch about MS

@ 44- Dude it's so scary to see that bum pass I hate watching sometimes. Honestly I never thought I'd say this but give me JC over Rex
Old 10-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #13
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Excluding Luck (who will require a mortgage on the Taj Mahal to get), I'm not sure I care too much what our draft position is. Likely we will draft somewhere in the teens anyway. Regardless of where we draft, we should trade whatever is necessary to move up in the draft and get our guy. We need to be very aggressive.

And perhaps we could sign someone like Henne in FA to be a caretaker until our golden rookie is ready.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #14
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Excluding Luck (who will require a mortgage on the Taj Mahal to get), I'm not sure I care too much what our draft position is. Likely we will draft somewhere in the teens anyway. Regardless of where we draft, we should trade whatever is necessary to move up in the draft and get our guy. We need to be very aggressive.

And perhaps we could sign someone like Henne in FA to be a caretaker until our golden rookie is ready.
Beck is better than Henne IMO, have u seen that guy play? LOL
Old 10-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #15
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post

I don't believe that we will need to be THAT aggressive to draft a QB.. There are few choices, assuming Barkley and Jones (I am not sure if this is right player?) decide to go to NFL instead of staying for their senior year. That is unless the FO have their eyes on one particular QB.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote