RG3 Report: Game 3 | WashingtonExaminer.com

Redskins RB Morris: I know I’m able to be a starter | WashingtonExaminer.com

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

1. GRIFFIN played very well, unfortunately he couldn't connect on a deep pass but it will come. He has all the tools to become an elite QB.
Andrew Luck is the real deal as well, he can move way better than ppl think and his accuracy is Manning like.

2. Trent Williams absolutely dominated the colts, both pass and run blocking. He's a top ten LT and continues to show it.

3. Defense played very well especially front 7. I think the starters had 3 sacks which is great. Wilson and hall played well as did Jackson.

4. Morris is the new Starter no doubt, the guy isn't a star but he's Better than the rest of our backs. Roy helu could be but he can't stay healthy.

5. We r deep at WR, a position we were so weak at a year ago. GARCON, Moss, Hank, Morgan, Briscoe. Not to mention our stacked TEs. Very excited
Old 08-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #3
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Re: Post Indy Game Thoughts

Morris was an animal all night.

RG3 played great. Completion percentage looks off, but 2 of those were drops and 3 were deep shots.

The Defense as a whole was terrific, no blatant mistakes.

Maurice Hurt and Trent Williams looked unbeatable. Monty wasn't getting pushed back every play like he had been against Chicago.

Briscoe.. Are you kidding me? I forget that this guy is only 22 and has a track record superior to anyone not named Moss/Garcon on this team (Anthony Armstrong is irrelevant to me).

Aldrick Robinson didn't get many snaps? I wonder if he's the guy they want to hide for the practice squad.. Although he's already shown himself well.

Ryan Kerrigan is an absolute animal. Look folks, he is better than Brian Orakpo. Get used to it.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:01 AM   #4
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

How about Niles Paul returning kicks??? He's a TE?? Lol geez I really don't remember having so much speed on our team than we do now.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #5
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
Morris was an animal all night.

RG3 played great. Completion percentage looks off, but 2 of those were drops and 3 were deep shots.

The Defense as a whole was terrific, no blatant mistakes.

Maurice Hurt and Trent Williams looked unbeatable. Monty wasn't getting pushed back every play like he had been against Chicago.

Briscoe.. Are you kidding me? I forget that this guy is only 22 and has a track record superior to anyone not named Moss/Garcon on this team (Anthony Armstrong is irrelevant to me).

Aldrick Robinson didn't get many snaps? I wonder if he's the guy they want to hide for the practice squad.. Although he's already shown himself well.

Ryan Kerrigan is an absolute animal. Look folks, he is better than Brian Orakpo. Get used to it.
Kerrigan looks like he could take a big step this year. He Just wreaks havoc whenever he's in the game.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:04 AM   #6
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Kerrigan looks like he could take a big step this year. He Just wreaks havoc whenever he's in the game.
It's true, he may always have the 2nd highest sack totals on the team, but he's complete and never quits.

I called him Clay Matthews on this forum before the draft and I stand by it.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #7
That Guy
Living Legend

it was a good showing against a BAD team. lots to like, but i still want to see it translate to the saints game
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #8
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Clay has fallen off a bit in GB. And as far as u guys saying the colts are a bad team? I'm telling u they really aren't as bad as u think. Watch this season
Old 08-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #9
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Clay has fallen off a bit in GB. And as far as u guys saying the colts are a bad team? I'm telling u they really aren't as bad as u think. Watch this season
No he hasn't.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #10
GTripp0012
Living Legend

I'm in the "the Colts will rebound" club.

With that said, their defense has similar weaknesses to ours: too many guys running free in the secondary. Not enough Jerraud Powers and Antoine Bethea's back there.

Now having seen all three preseason games, I don't have a good feel for the Redskins. The pass pressure, if anything, looks to be even fiercer than last year. And if that's a real observation, and not just something that looks like it in the preseason, it's not going to be that hard to develop quality players in the secondary.

On the other hand, the more I see of the Redskins offense, the more I'm convinced that its just not all that different from either of the last two years. I think Griffin should provide an immediate upgrade at quarterback as some of Grossman's INTs from 2011 turn into sacks or throwaways this season. And Trent Williams looks like a completely different player. But I feel like at 9 positions on the offense (everything except QB and LT), the Redskins aren't improved and in some cases have taken a step back.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #11
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Clay definitely isn't what he was when they went to the super bowl, but that in part is because Cullen Jenkins left so thats less other teams have to worry about in terms of blocking. And yes the Colts will be better than teams think, but still not the best team in that division.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #12
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
it was a good showing against a BAD team. lots to like, but i still want to see it translate to the saints game
c'mon man don't be That Guy!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #13
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
But I feel like at 9 positions on the offense (everything except QB and LT), the Redskins aren't improved and in some cases have taken a step back.
Is this real life?

Last year we had Anthony Armstrong as our #2 wide receiver. He won't make this years team.

Last year we had John Beck for 3 1/2 games. He won't/shouldn't start another game int he NFL.

Last year we had Willie Smith starting a handful of games at LT. He won't make the team this year.

Did I mention Rex Grossman isn't starting?

I'm usually a pessimist compared to most people on here, but this statement is ridiculous.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #14
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I'm in the "the Colts will rebound" club.

With that said, their defense has similar weaknesses to ours: too many guys running free in the secondary. Not enough Jerraud Powers and Antoine Bethea's back there.

Now having seen all three preseason games, I don't have a good feel for the Redskins. The pass pressure, if anything, looks to be even fiercer than last year. And if that's a real observation, and not just something that looks like it in the preseason, it's not going to be that hard to develop quality players in the secondary.

On the other hand, the more I see of the Redskins offense, the more I'm convinced that its just not all that different from either of the last two years. I think Griffin should provide an immediate upgrade at quarterback as some of Grossman's INTs from 2011 turn into sacks or throwaways this season. And Trent Williams looks like a completely different player. But I feel like at 9 positions on the offense (everything except QB and LT), the Redskins aren't improved and in some cases have taken a step back.
I dont expect much improved play along the Oline outside of Trent, but I think at TE and especially at WR play has/will continue to be stronger. Because of injuries RB I think you havent seen a step forward, but at least Alfred Morris has sustain an above average attack on the ground. That is, if Kyle continues to run the ball, if he doesnt then like several times last year, you will see no improvement. I certainly think its been pretty vanilla with the playcalling thus far. We certainly havent seen much.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #15
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Clay definitely isn't what he was when they went to the super bowl, but that in part is because Cullen Jenkins left so thats less other teams have to worry about in terms of blocking. And yes the Colts will be better than teams think, but still not the best team in that division.
No, he's an animal. 3 INTs and 9 pass defenses. I remember reading an article last year about how this could have been his best year yet.. Sacks don't tell the whole story (Orakpo).