Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Release Josh Morgan or else....

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #61
GusFrerotte

Re: Release Josh Morgan or else....

Like I just stated in the gameday thread, this game should not have been lost on his boneheaded play. Looking for one scapegoat is not going to address why we lost. Our O looked solid, but our D was a god damn sieve. I like Sam and co, and they are better than what the media has portayed them as being. That being said, we simply do not have a talented D a all. Think about it, the most reliable player on D is our wheezer gheezer in Fletch. That guy is ballin with more intensity than those punks 10 years his junior in the defensive backfield. All of my uncle's old defensive backfields at Ohio St were better than these clowns. We can make the occasional INT, but give up way too much yardage to make the INT really count. There better be at least 3 DBs drafted next year if we are going to really make a run at this thing. Haslett might just have to go as well.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-16-2012, 09:09 PM   #62
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Even when he was with the Titans that's been his MO. His teams have always tried hard to goad opponents into stupid post-play penalties. Today it worked for them. But we should've expected it. That's why I wasn't surprised when Cortland Finnegan went to the Rams, because he's always been one of those cheap shot-post play guys that always starts shit after the whistle. But today I was definitely emphasized at the level the Rams players' went to after the whistle to try and start shit. If they keep that up they'll get a rep as a dirty team, just like the Titans did.
Very interesting. I always thought Fisher was one of the good guys. Sigh.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #63
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Very interesting. I always thought Fisher was one of the good guys. Sigh.
Did I really say emphasized? Lol. I coulda sworn I typed surprised.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #64
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

HAHAHA. One of those days man.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:10 PM   #65
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
If we cut Morgan, every WR-hungry team in the league will line up to sign him.

Just bench his boneheaded ass.
Exactly.

Remember it was Cleveland that was dying to get Morgan and Garcon for Weeden/McCoy
Old 09-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #66
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Sexy Rexy ‏@FakeRexGrossman

Take it easy, Josh Morgan...throwing balls at defense guys is MY job! #Rexskins

mark schlereth ‏@markschlereth

Joshua Morganlikely gonna get cut after that PF!!! I've seen that look on Shanny's face before.

Anthony Becht ‏@Anthony_Becht

#joshMorgan is the dumbest and selfish player of the day. Inexcusable. If I'm the captain I'm ripping this guy. If I'm a coach I cut him
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:19 PM   #67
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monksdown View Post
lock it and i'll start another. 100 men worked towards 1 goal this week, and 1 boy in 1 second decided to throw it all away. I dont want him on the team. And nobody should. He's a selfish child.
Please do and maybe they'll give you a temporary vacation from posting threads to spare us from stupid posts like this. Jackson did the same thing. Did he throw away the game for the rams? No. Best case scenarios, cundiff made a shorter field goal amd we went to overtime.... When we would probably have lost. The rams outplayed us the entire second half. The entire team blew a 21-6 lead. I'm sorry but we deserved to lose. We were not the better team. Morgan's penalty was stupid, but any fan calling for him to be CUT belongs on extremeskins, not here.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #68
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:

To be honest I don't see the point in that. He made a bonehead play in the heat of the moment. He probably feels like he lost the game for us. the Bengals are crazy good. I want him on the field and playing with a big ass chip on his shoulder next week, especially if garçon continues to be a pu$$y.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #69
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

This pisses me off even more knowing what Morgan said earlier this week.

Rams defensive player to watch: CB Cortland Finnegan

Quote:
“He’s the ultimate competitor, a great competitor,” Redskins wide receiver Josh Morgan said. “He’s one of those guys that plays—you know how they say play to the whistle? He’s one of those guys that plays until you walk back to the huddle…He’s just got a little extracurricular with him, you know.”
Quote:
Retaliating, Morgan said, could result in a costly penalty.

“You don’t want to be the second guy because the second guy is going to get caught,” Morgan said. “He’s going to come at you and he’s going to be the first, second and third guy. You’ve got to remind yourself not to be that fourth and fifth guy, and throw your hands up and walk back to the huddle.”
****ing idiot. You knew it, talked about it, YET still did what you did.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 09-16-2012 at 10:35 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #70
warriorzpath

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Making a mistake in terms of play is one thing, making a emotional mistake like Morgan did is something completely different. Notice that Steven Jackson got benched the rest of the game after he spiked that ball. That's called discipline and it's needed on a football squad. Cutting somebody? That's a bit extreme.
I understand everything you're saying, but this whole game was the exception to all logical thinking as far as discipline, emotion, and behavior from everyone involved.

I mean ( and believe me I understand but) its even weird that you're using fisher and the titans as an example of disciplined behavior.

Everyone has to first calm down. And then try to put everything into context.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #71
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
This pisses me off even more knowing what Morgan said earlier this week.

Rams defensive player to watch: CB Cortland Finnegan

****ing idiot. You knew it, talked about it, YET still did what you did.
Great find. Yeah that's infuriating.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:54 PM   #72
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Not sure I would cut him, but I would bench him for a minimum of 3 games. I mean put his ass on the "in-active" list for the next 3-5 games. Would send a message loud and clear.
Exactly what I said right after it happened. Don't cut him yet, but make him inactive for a sufficient period to sent a message to the entire team, and to allow Morgan to think about his gaffe.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #73
T.O.Killa
The Starter

I feel sorry for the guy. The referees were F-ing idiots. He had a break out game and I think he will have learned a lesson. By the way RG3 was frikin crazy good again.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #74
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:

There's no evidence of this, and in fact no reason to think it would be the case.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:21 AM   #75
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Morgan's temper isn't his problem, it's that he doesn't have a head for the game and at this point in his career very unlikely to develop. Don't really buy that Finnegan had much to do w/ the outburst either...Morgan was reacting to himself from the same play. When he caught that ball had he turned inside and upfield a 1st down was a near certainty. Instead his (bad) instinct was to head toward the sideline, maybe because he was thinking about the clock, but the thing is if you don't get the first down the clock doesn't matter.

I think it's very obvious why SF (who is awesome good btw) didn't mind seeing Morgan go. Sure he's got the physical skills to be a starter, but he doesn't have the mental focus/football IQ.