Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who would you pick in the first round?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-19-2005, 02:13 PM   #16
monk81
The Starter

Re: Who would you pick in the first round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
He could catch the ball with his teeth better than Gardner!

Advertisements
Old 03-19-2005, 02:49 PM   #17
drew54
The Starter

Rolle is a Cowboy fan, always has been, always will be. We don’t want him for just that reason. He is not pure. He has been touched by Satan. He would never resign with us after his rookie contract expired.

That being said, what is our most pressing need? There are positions where an upgrade would be alright, but is not necessary, for example DE, RG, TE, MLB, DT and S.
CB and WR, I think all of us agree we need another solid player, but will be alright with have.

So what should our plan be, attempt to draft the CB or WR or take the best available at the other positions. Obviously if we stay at nine we will select a CB or WR, but if the offer comes to trade down I think we most definitely jump all over that and hope to secure some mid round picks to help add that depth.

In the end I think we will select the best WR available at nine and not gamble with the trading down.
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 08:21 PM   #18
RedskinPete
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfanatic
Alex Smith. OK, we can't get him, and we don't really need him, but I think he is going to be one hell of a QB.
You are right and i wish we could get him!!!
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 08:41 PM   #19
KLHJ2
Inactive

In all honesty it doesn't matter who we think we should draft. Joe Gibbs and the front office are going to make that decision reguardless of what we think.

But, for shits and giggles I think that we should take Maurice Clarette in the first round so that Danny Boy has an unblemished record of offseason blunders. If you have doubts about what I am saying, know that I stayed at a Holiday INN last night, while saving alot of money on my car insurrance by switching to Geico!

Guys the point that I am trying to make is that collectively we dont know half as much as the coaches and scouts do because we are not in their positions. If we did we would be coaches and scouts by now. Second, just because numbers and word of mouth suggest something, doesn't mean that it is completly true. Let our coaches and scouts do their jobs and select the best brand for the team. We will sit here and speculate the rest of the stuff.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 08:46 PM   #20
drew54
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg
In all honesty it doesn't matter who we think we should draft. Joe Gibbs and the front office are going to make that decision reguardless of what we think.

But, for shits and giggles I think that we should take Maurice Clarette in the first round so that Danny Boy has an unblemished record of offseason blunders. If you have doubts about what I am saying, know that I stayed at a Holiday INN last night, while saving alot of money on my car insurrance by switching to Geico!

Guys the point that I am trying to make is that collectively we dont know half as much as the coaches and scouts do because we are not in their positions. If we did we would be coaches and scouts by now. Second, just because numbers and word of mouth suggest something, doesn't mean that it is completly true. Let our coaches and scouts do their jobs and select the best brand for the team. We will sit here and speculate the rest of the stuff.
Then why are you here? Leave this board forever and let us debate with the hopes of actually making a difference.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:51 PM   #21
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew54
Then why are you here? Leave this board forever and let us debate with the hopes of actually making a difference.
Go back to teaching Enlish where you belong!.

I love the debates. That last post was used only to add a little humor and mix things up a bit. Obviously it worked. I am sorry that you cant take a joke.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 12:41 AM   #22
drew54
The Starter

Oh man, I was only kidding. Lol, I guess we need a sarcasm hint.

And why everyone is still salty over the Gibb's thing. Jeez.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:55 PM   #23
BossHog

I really want to draft a guy who's going put some fear in opponents heart. Like Sean Taylor does. Where there's talent at every position in this years draft only a few guys actually scare me. Shawne Merriman, Derrick Johnson, Shaun Cody, Matt Roth, and Antrel Rolle. All these guys play defense huh?
BossHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:44 AM   #24
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

WR (Edwards or Williams), CB (Rolle or Jones), or one of the hoss DEs (Pollack, James, Merriman, etc).

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:47 AM   #25
Redskins_P
Fight for old DC!

Mike Williams, Troy Williamson, or any other big, fast WR.

Also I would consider taking a CB or DE (if we don't sign Brown)
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:01 PM   #26
Monksdown
The Starter

Merriman ran a 4.56 I think? And he is a linebacker 1st/DE second. Im a bit biased to him because he's local.

I would kill somebody to see the overall value chart that Vinny Cerrato has. They evaluate every player on one sheet, in order of who they like. I would think that they have maybe 2, more likely one cb in the top ten, and if he (rolle) slides to nine that they will pick him up. lb maybe get 1 in the top ten,,maybe. And wide receivers possible 2-3 in the top 10.

The argument is always between "picking for want vs picking the best player available". I wonder about the difference between a 9th pick, and later pick, just a few spots back. We love to show how late round picks prove great things, and yet on the other side of the coin, we are splitting hairs about the top 15 in the draft.

To a degree, and within reason, I think that if you do your research, and you really like a guy that other teams have later than your pick, then manuever to get him later. Or pick him up early.

So if you havent figured out my angle, I would encourage management to add depth to our cb's. Harris and Springs are competent, and Springs is even good. But in my opinion we need a rookie in the nickel spot this year who can take over when the time comes that we need to bump Harris back down to where he really belongs, the 3 spot.

And add a cb that is physical in the 1st 5 yards, and has acceleration. Not a shutdown corner. I want a guy who says hello after the ball is snapped with his helmet. I want physical cb's
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:18 PM   #27
backrow
The Starter

BossHog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHog
I really want to draft a guy who's going put some fear in opponents heart. Like Sean Taylor does. Where there's talent at every position in this years draft only a few guys actually scare me. Shawne Merriman, Derrick Johnson, Shaun Cody, Matt Roth, and Antrel Rolle. All these guys play defense huh?
Man, I couldn't agree more, Boss! By the way, I sent you a private post! It seems we reside on the same "Worlds Largest Naval Base"!
Old 03-21-2005, 01:38 PM   #28
tallestskinsfanever
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
I say Rolle, but only if we know we are going to get Vincent Jackson in the second rd., but if we have to pick at the 9 spot I would have to go with William's, or Edward's if avail.
I heard his name mentioned alot in the past few days....and after reading his bio...I see why!!

http://uncbears.collegesports.com/sp...vincent00.html
tallestskinsfanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:51 PM   #29
backrow
The Starter

TallestSkinsFanEver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallestskinsfanever
I heard his name mentioned alot in the past few days....and after reading his bio...I see why!!

http://uncbears.collegesports.com/sp...vincent00.html

Just how tall are you............................................... .......Vincent!
Old 03-21-2005, 02:07 PM   #30
tallestskinsfanever
Camp Scrub

same as Vincent
tallestskinsfanever is offline   Reply With Quote