Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

diets

Parking Lot

Old 03-29-2005, 01:06 PM   #16
EEich
The Starter

Re: diets

I was about 230 a year ago. I started drinking 2+ gallons of water a day.
Except for the fact that the water reduced my appetite, no other diet or exercise changes. I'm at 199 today. Goal is to get down to 170. I don't think there'a s book for this diet or even if I'd recommend it, but it worked for me. Alot of bathroom runs though.
EEich is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-29-2005, 01:08 PM   #17
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Matty, you sound like you have a similar build to me. 6' 2" 2something. Out of college I was ~205. In my 40's I ballooned up to 275ish. Last year, from Feb-April, I got down to 225 using weight watchers. I have since "fell off the wagon" and put about half back on. I am back on it and dropped 10 lbs in a week.

I have to say, I really prefer this to the low carbs. Nothing is off the list, you just have to be sure to eat in moderation. You get x amount of points/day and every food has a point value. In addition, exercise gets you extra points and you get weekly bonus points. For example, for me, a big mac meal for dinner means veggies and fruits for lunch unless I do some cardio.

I have several friends on the Atkins and I think it has some real good points. The bottom line for Atkins (or any other diet) to be successful is controlled calorie intake and some regular form of physical activity.

Oh wait ... Eat right, exercise. I wonder if that would work??
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:08 PM   #18
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Yeah, that is my biggest drawback to drinking lots of water. I hate running to the bathroom every 20 minutes.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:52 PM   #19
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Here's what I do:

Breakfast - instant oatmeal, coffee.
Brunch - Cappuccino and Krispy Kreme.
Lunch - Anything, but lots of it. On alternate weeks I eat only tuna salad that I put together myself.
Dinner - Anything but I don't eat at all after 5:00pm. That's a bit tough to start with but it becomes a habit. When I feel hungry I make myself a cup of tea with lemon.

All day I drink absurd amounts of water. Eventually you'll stop needing to pee every five minutes.

I also sit in a sauna at 180f for 3 X 20 minutes most evenings after I work out. No, really.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:54 PM   #20
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin
Matty, you sound like you have a similar build to me. 6' 2" 2something. Out of college I was ~205. In my 40's I ballooned up to 275ish. Last year, from Feb-April, I got down to 225 using weight watchers. I have since "fell off the wagon" and put about half back on. I am back on it and dropped 10 lbs in a week.

I have to say, I really prefer this to the low carbs. Nothing is off the list, you just have to be sure to eat in moderation. You get x amount of points/day and every food has a point value. In addition, exercise gets you extra points and you get weekly bonus points. For example, for me, a big mac meal for dinner means veggies and fruits for lunch unless I do some cardio.

I have several friends on the Atkins and I think it has some real good points. The bottom line for Atkins (or any other diet) to be successful is controlled calorie intake and some regular form of physical activity.

Oh wait ... Eat right, exercise. I wonder if that would work??
good points, I think any diet boils down to moderation and of course exercise.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:31 PM   #21
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

One thing I ate a-lot of (which kinda goes with the low carb thing) is various Salads. It dosent have to be just lettuce and veggies, you can make all sorts of different salads... Buffalo Chicken, Grilled Chicken, Turkey, Taco, anything you can think of. Get some low/reduced fat dressing; I lost like 30 one summer just eating varoius Salads for alot of my lunches and dinners. And I started running out the ying yang; and it took a couple weeks but then it just started melting off. Of course that fall I started taking Protien Supplmenents and put about 20 pounds back on so I'm around 190 now. Alot of it is more muscle, but I can defintley see where I gained some bad weight too. I've been thinking of doing a serious diet starting around April/May once the weather shapes up. Because theres so many other activities I can do now that the winter is over.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:45 PM   #22
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I love Buffalo Chicken. That is Malcolm diet-kryptonite!
Old 03-29-2005, 03:13 PM   #23
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

the nice thing about buffalo chicken, if you do it right, it can be very low carb...

i get emeril's wing sauce and marinate the hell out of some chicken breasts, then grill them up...goes great with a crisp salad and some blue cheese dressing

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 03:53 PM   #24
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

They aren't Buffalo if they aren't deep-fried in fatty goodness. LOL

You can tell that is my favorite food with General Tso chicken in a close second. And no, I don't care what they put in Chinese food.

If it's cat, it is the tastiest damn cat I've ever eaten.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:11 PM   #25
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

yes, deep fried in fatty goodness is great...you could even fry the chicken i was talking about...as long as they aren't breaded, you're ok...

i love Kung Pao Chicken...and i as well don't care what they put in...although MSG is the root of all evils...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
Old 03-29-2005, 04:13 PM   #26
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

There's nothing like Kung Pao Chicken at the Far East restaurant across from White Flint Mall in Rockville
Old 03-29-2005, 04:42 PM   #27
FRPLG
MVP

I lost 15 Lbs in one month by switching from regular soda to diet. It was amazing I tell you. Now if I have a regular soda I almost gag. It tastes like drinking maple syrup straight.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 04:45 PM   #28
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
I lost 15 Lbs in one month by switching from regular soda to diet. It was amazing I tell you. Now if I have a regular soda I almost gag. It tastes like drinking maple syrup straight.
I quit drinking regular pop a few years ago too. It really is freaking gross when I try it now. Once you aquire the taste for diet, you'll be fine just give it a couple weeks. The amount of Calories you can save from not drinking pop is unreal.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 04:57 PM   #29
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
15 lbs. in one month just by drinking diet.....Dude, were you hooked up to a 7up IV or something?
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 05:04 PM   #30
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

for Lent a few years ago (what can i say, i'm a bastard Catholic), I gave up all soda...drank nothing but iced tea and water mostly for 40 days...

ever since then, if i drink soda, it has to be diet. i can't stand the taste of regular soda, quite disguisting.

now if i can only kick the habit of diet soda...