Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The Bad News Thread

Parking Lot

Old 03-16-2016, 02:52 PM   #211
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: The Bad News Thread

Damn guys, hope your luck improves. My previous boss was terrible, a micromanager who always felt he had to look over my shoulder and tell me exactly how to do my job. Luckily he only lasted 6 months because profits plummeted after he took the job. My new boss took over 3 years ago and I enjoy working with him so much I haven't left.

Advertisements
Old 03-16-2016, 03:30 PM   #212
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I'll post this in the bad news thread because it's the only current one right now, but it ended up being good news...

Story begins a few months ago. I notice a dull, yet annoying pain in my upper right abdomen. I ignore it, life goes on. One day, we're driving past a MedExpress and I'm like, "Hey, let's just stop to get this checked out." I go in, they talk to me about it, do a urine test and I've got blood/white blood cells and I'm like, "Well fuck, this sucks."

Get set up with a GI who first does an endoscopy and sees some minor stuff, puts me on Prisolec. He schedules an ultrasound and I come to find I have a hemangioma on my liver. As someone who is not shy about my drinking of alcohol, this worried me considerably. Being a worrier, I started falling into a semi-depression. They eventually schedule a CT scan just to confirm there is nothing more. Since I was worrying for weeks, I was convinced it was something more serious. It was literally all I could think about day and night to the point it was effecting my daily life.

CT scan came and went, days go by and eventually I get the call that all is normal.

Definitely might be minor compared to what everyone else might be going through life/health-wise, but I was seriously concerned for months and am currently weaning off a drug (Prilosec) that has it's own set of side effects when you come off it. Today is day three of coming off and imagine being extremely anxious or worried for no reason at all. That's what it's been like. This afternoon it's almost like a switch flipped and I'm starting to feel normal again. Bottom line: I had a lot of tests done to the point where if anything ELSE was going wrong, it would have been caught, so I can say with a good degree of confidence I have a clean bill of health.
Old 03-16-2016, 04:16 PM   #213
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I'll post this in the bad news thread because it's the only current one right now, but it ended up being good news...

Story begins a few months ago. I notice a dull, yet annoying pain in my upper right abdomen. I ignore it, life goes on. One day, we're driving past a MedExpress and I'm like, "Hey, let's just stop to get this checked out." I go in, they talk to me about it, do a urine test and I've got blood/white blood cells and I'm like, "Well fuck, this sucks."

Get set up with a GI who first does an endoscopy and sees some minor stuff, puts me on Prisolec. He schedules an ultrasound and I come to find I have a hemangioma on my liver. As someone who is not shy about my drinking of alcohol, this worried me considerably. Being a worrier, I started falling into a semi-depression. They eventually schedule a CT scan just to confirm there is nothing more. Since I was worrying for weeks, I was convinced it was something more serious. It was literally all I could think about day and night to the point it was effecting my daily life.

CT scan came and went, days go by and eventually I get the call that all is normal.

Definitely might be minor compared to what everyone else might be going through life/health-wise, but I was seriously concerned for months and am currently weaning off a drug (Prilosec) that has it's own set of side effects when you come off it. Today is day three of coming off and imagine being extremely anxious or worried for no reason at all. That's what it's been like. This afternoon it's almost like a switch flipped and I'm starting to feel normal again. Bottom line: I had a lot of tests done to the point where if anything ELSE was going wrong, it would have been caught, so I can say with a good degree of confidence I have a clean bill of health.
That is awesome...I would have done the same. Doctors offices naturally get me jacked up anyway. So you can drink again?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:21 PM   #214
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Absolutely. It wasn't even a result of drinking. Basically all the tests showed something on my liver that I could have had for years. It DID make me highly curtail my drinking. It's a benign tumor which seems unsettling but there has been 0% chance of this ever turning into cancer. When it's on the outside, it's a birth-mark.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:53 PM   #215
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
That is awesome...I would have done the same. Doctors offices naturally get me jacked up anyway. So you can drink again?
...Thank God
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 11:52 AM   #216
mredskins
MVP

PlayStation Vue finally became available to the whole country. Bad news they cut out CBS and all other local channels are on demand only. I was ready to cut the cord. Fawkers.

Last edited by mredskins; 03-17-2016 at 01:09 PM.
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:36 PM   #217
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Absolutely. It wasn't even a result of drinking. Basically all the tests showed something on my liver that I could have had for years. It DID make me highly curtail my drinking. It's a benign tumor which seems unsettling but there has been 0% chance of this ever turning into cancer. When it's on the outside, it's a birth-mark.
Glad you're healthy dude, that seems like a hell of a scare.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:31 PM   #218
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Glad you're healthy dude, that seems like a hell of a scare.
Thanks man. Definitely was. Coming off this medicine is part two, today was the first time I've stepped down to quarter of a pill and feel the most normal I've felt in a couple months.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:50 PM   #219
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Thanks man. Definitely was. Coming off this medicine is part two, today was the first time I've stepped down to quarter of a pill and feel the most normal I've felt in a couple months.
I had a major ass kidney stone like 9 years ago...3 minor surgerys, trip to the hospital and 8 weeks carrying around a stint up my dick...I was on 2 different set of pain med and I was miserable. weening off them was very strange. the whole time I couldn't believe people enjoyed getting high like that.

He Gets Us
Old 03-17-2016, 02:11 PM   #220
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I had a major ass kidney stone like 9 years ago...3 minor surgerys, trip to the hospital and 8 weeks carrying around a stint up my dick...I was on 2 different set of pain med and I was miserable. weening off them was very strange. the whole time I couldn't believe people enjoyed getting high like that.
Totally agree man. I also heard that those were the male version of giving birth? Any truth to that?
Old 03-17-2016, 02:30 PM   #221
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Totally agree man. I also heard that those were the male version of giving birth? Any truth to that?
If was extremely painful when I was rushed to the emergency room...but I could never pass it because it was like the size of the "big marble". I was peeing blood and it constantly felt like someone had a lighter to my kidney that morning before the emergency room.

it got broken up with soundwaves during outpatient surgery. I passed the particles of it but by then it was pulverized to like small flakes of dead skin...that took like 2 months. It wasn't very painful that that point, just having the stint in was the bad part.

I have a guy in I.T. here pass one while pissing one morning and he said he was yell and screaming. He passed it and said it resembled a large piece of sand.

He Gets Us
Old 03-17-2016, 03:09 PM   #222
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

ARGH. That hurts my wang just thinking about it. Glad things are resolved man.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:25 PM   #223
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

This thread has officially earned its name. Damn that hurt to read Chico.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:48 PM   #224
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
This thread has officially earned its name. Damn that hurt to read Chico.
Kidney stone definitely grinding gears.

He Gets Us
Old 06-19-2016, 09:36 PM   #225
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I feel like my current problems pale in comparison to the ones listed above, but I need to rant so here goes anyways. Couple weeks ago my desktop at home started having random power surges out of nowhere, after the 6th one (which happened right after I tried to log in) I finally decided to do something about it. Bad choice. Obv the smart move would be diagnosing after the first. I figured since the electricity at home was fine the power supply was just crapping out after 3 years, so I decided to upgrade and replace it. Took it out (Corsair 600 watt) and replaced it with a semi modular Corsair 750 watt. Try to start it up and nothing happens. After having multiple second opinions and seeking help online it seems my motherboard has crapped out, so I have to replace that. Well my old one is 3 years old and my CPU which has the LGA 1155 chipset isn't compatible with the majority of new motherboards which run LGA 1150 or the newer LGA 1151, so now I need to get a new processor to go with it. And most of the new motherboards only support DDR4 instead my old DDR3 ram, so need to get new RAM as well. Now I could go the cheap route on all this because I'm actually in transition between jobs atm and need to save, but I know I would just be postponing the inevitable because I do some amateur photography in my spare time and need a pc that can support the habit. I know this is a first world problem but the timing is terrible.