Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Ferguson

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-16-2014, 05:43 PM   #31
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Ferguson

Ok , just a question ? Did we ever find out why Brown and the other person were attacking the officer inside his patrol car ?

Advertisements
Old 08-16-2014, 07:47 PM   #32
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshile View Post
Also can't help but notice CNN is referring to the robbery that Michael Brown was caught on video as 'the alleged robbery' and the shooting as the 'slaying of an innocent black teenager'
Because cnn is the worst news channel in the history of news and they are intentionally fanning the racism flames and referring to brown as a choir boy which he clearing isn't.

I think for the future all police will be required to wear a body camera when responding to calls. That way accountability and transparency will be clear. Think there should be a push for a law demanding it. All this foolishness would end

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:36 AM   #33
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Great story of the community stepping up to defend storefronts against looters.

And while the alleged robbery may have had no effect on Wilson's behavior in this incident, it may have had an effect on Brown's behavior. Maybe Brown did rob the store, and panicked when confronted by the officer?

Agree with Chico. More dash cam and GoPro type cameras can't come soon enough. The two sides stories are so far apart, at least one side is lying through their ***.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:56 AM   #34
tshile
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Ok , just a question ? Did we ever find out why Brown and the other person were attacking the officer inside his patrol car ?
I haven't seen anything other than eye witness' accounts that the media has played. I don't believe any of the investigating units have made any comment on that. Which is probably the most important question of the whole thing... what happened that led to the actual shooting.

The protests, riots, and police actions are what majority of the story is about at this point.
tshile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:58 AM   #35
tshile
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
If you listened to the reports you also may have heard that residents stepped in to confront and try to stop the looters. Was it as successful as tear gas maybe not but most residents aren't sitting and looting.
Again who knows if Brown was involved in an earlier robbery but his outright murder was what sparked this, especially if he was unarmed.
The story of people in the community taking a stand is the only good thing coming out of it so far in my opinion. Not going to lie - when I saw the video of them trying to help protect their community I got the warm and fuzzies for a minute. It briefly restored my faith in humanity just a bit.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #36
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Just for JR

Last night before the curfew.
Quote:
Originally Posted by @RobertKlemko
The National Lawyers Guild is here to watch the police interactions. http://t.co/4s6vg8SGZ5
Can't you just see a gaggle of personal injury lawyers watching the curfew line with cameras and business cards at the ready.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:21 PM   #37
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Skins receiver Garcon tweets hands up don't shoot picture

http://instagram.com/p/rzjKnyONpl/
Old 08-17-2014, 01:46 PM   #38
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Skins receiver Garcon tweets hands up don't shoot picture

Instagram
That's cool, but is a fact this even happened to brown? Did he have his hands up and said don't shoot and the police shot him? Or is this the narrative insistent by cnn and social media?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:02 PM   #39
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

It is the narrative definitely. I doubt we will ever know for sure. The feds have been asked to do an autopsy. But unless the cop's car had a recording device I doubt the last minutes will be known.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:22 PM   #40
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Interesting to follow @robertklemko on twitter. He is on the ground with protesters in Ferguson. Just got teargassed and pulled put by a cop.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:23 PM   #41
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

@robertklemko
The mobilization and aggression of police was exponentially larger tonight. No more tolerance, apparently.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:04 PM   #42
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Whoa pretty intense to see Klemko's timeline including an arrest and release.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:16 PM   #43
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

And now this

Ferguson, Mo., teen Michael Brown shot 6 times, mostly from distance, private autopsy finds - @nytimes http://t.co/Yf2vhFQfvy
Old 08-18-2014, 09:36 AM   #44
tshile
Special Teams

People were recording the scene with their cell phone right after Brown was shot, and they now have audio of witnesses talking about how Brown charged after the cop.

Brown was not shot in the back.

Officer seemed to have sustained quite a few injuries.

Go figure the guy that received a service award for how he conducted himself on the job is a little more trustworthy than the guy stealing cigars from the store. Go figure a poor, high crime community lacks objective and unbiased people.

Go figure a bunch of racists immediately condemned the cop for murdering, slaying, etc because of the color of his skin. Go figure those same people will never understand that **they** are the racists they claim to be fighting against.

The Governor has called in the National Guard - something many people called for almost a week ago. Glad it's taken a week to get a clue about how to handle the situation.

More people being shot - not by police but by criminals using the protest and mayhem to cover their crimes.

People still think the police presence was heave handed, eh? Where's the accountability for the media? They're the ones that made the narrative and ran with it, they're the ones that put pressure on the authorities to cut down their presence.

Oh, that's right. There is no more accountability these days. Everyone gets to tell everyone else what to do with no punishment for being wrong.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:33 AM   #45
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

And still amazing how 2 people look at facts and events and still see completely different narratives and stories. Last night police had a guy on the ground zip tied and maced his face in front of a reporter. That's not heavy handed?