Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2015 Draft - Quarterbacks

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-26-2014, 07:54 AM   #46
Skinsfanatic
The Starter

Re: 2015 Draft - Quarterbacks

Not a QB, but we could use Jalen Ramsey CB from FSU.
Skinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-26-2014, 07:57 AM   #47
donofriose
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfanatic View Post
Not a QB, but we could use Jalen Ramsey CB from FSU.
If Haslett is still coaching the defense he wouldn't even know how to use him.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 08:00 AM   #48
Starry Plough
Camp Scrub

Ramsey is a prospect alright! Can line up at corner and safety. Don’t believe he’s draft eligible in 2015 though?
Old 11-26-2014, 09:48 AM   #49
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

So......Colt McCoy is starting next week.
You girls still want to talk about safety's in my QB thread?
Old 11-26-2014, 10:20 AM   #50
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Yes. This franchise has shown it can't get the qb position right so we might as well hunt for the next safety.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:27 AM   #51
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Man, Redskins fans just don't learn do they. In the middle of this drama with Griffin we're talking about drafting a QB in the first round. Imbeciles. Short of Manning, Brady, Rodgers, or Brees, there isn't an active quarterback that can win with this team. The only thing we should be thinking about drafting are competent OLs and shut-down secondary. Revision after revision we waste first round quarterbacks, Jason Campbell, Patrick Ramsey, and now RG3 and you guys want to draft another one?

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:37 AM   #52
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Leonard Williams or Andrus Peat is my first round list if we draft top 5 right now

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:41 AM   #53
Starry Plough
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Dak Prescott it is then! Happy?!
Old 11-26-2014, 10:41 AM   #54
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Maybe some of you should go back and read what I wrote.
I said I dont know that we could find a QB in the first round.
And unless you have been living under a rock you know that this team does some messed up stuff on draft day that isnt always a fan favorite.
So I'm starting a QB draft discussion.
Griffin isnt the future, neither is McCoy.
Next years QB free agents are lame.
So who are all these awesone new OL guys going to block for...Cousins????
And for what its worth, my choice would be OL in the first round as is most of you guys but last I checked no one on this board is going to make the selection.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:45 AM   #55
Starry Plough
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Leonard Williams or Andrus Peat is my first round list if we draft top 5 right now
Can see Williams being the only non-QB 1st overall pick tbh. Shame as he's exactly what this D needs.

Just not sold on Peat though. Great physical tools but his balance seems a bit questionable in any cutup's I've watched, and he's not much of a finisher allegedly. That said, I'd take anyone to lock down that right side about now.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:55 AM   #56
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

What about Sean Mannion of Ore. St. as a later round QB? Has a nice arm and a lot of experience in a pro style offense. Team captain, too.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:57 AM   #57
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Rg3 is gonna cost some qb prospects some money

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:58 AM   #58
Starry Plough
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Maybe some of you should go back and read what I wrote.
I said I dont know that we could find a QB in the first round.
And unless you have been living under a rock you know that this team does some messed up stuff on draft day that isnt always a fan favorite.
So I'm starting a QB draft discussion.
Griffin isnt the future, neither is McCoy.
Next years QB free agents are lame.
So who are all these awesone new OL guys going to block for...Cousins????
And for what its worth, my choice would be OL in the first round as is most of you guys but last I checked no one on this board is going to make the selection.
Gotcha.

To reiterate what I said then, no way do I see us landing Winston or Mariota, and tbh nobody else is worth a high enough pick given our other considerable needs IMO.

As for our approach on draft day, I agree that more often than not we seem to miss more than we hit, even when we do hit (what we thought we had with RG3 for example)! Maybe there will be a shake-up behind the scenes though that allows the team to genuinely lay some solid foundations. Who knows. It seems Gruden calling out and subsequently dropping Robert could be signs that he's pushing hard for significant changes into how this team is run on and off the field.

Re who the line is going to block for, I don't believe anyone has the long term answer to that, maybe not even Gruden. It's just my personal opinion that if the offensive line is shored up then there can be no more debates that it may be part of the reason our franchise guy is not going through reads or tossing interceptions or whatever. In a nutshell, you can get the clearest evalutaion of exactly what you have or don't have with every QB on this team whether that's Griffin, Cousins or McCoy.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:59 AM   #59
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Another Michigan State QB looks promising:

Connor Cook*, QB, Michigan State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 218.
Projected 40 Time: 4.85.
Projected Round (2015): 1-2.
11/22/14: In 2014, Cook has completed 58 percent of his passes for 2,466 yards with 19 touchdowns and five interceptions.

In speaking with league sources, they say that Cook has the potential to be a high first-round pick if he improves certain aspects of his game, mainly accuracy. Cook has proven to NFL evaluators that he has a big arm, pocket presence, the mobility to avoid rushers and roll out, and the ability to make some precision throws. Cook plays in a pro-style system and has shown steady improvement with his ability to function out of the pocket while working through his progressions.

In many games, Cook has thrown the ball better than his numbers illustrate. He can make some amazingly accurate throws into extremely tight windows for completions downfield, but also has some inconsistency with his accuracy on the routine passes and when going deep down the middle. He has to improve his footwork and that will help his accuracy.

Against Oregon, the junior finished 29-of-47 for 343 yards with two scores and two picks. One interception wasn't his fault, but the other was a bad throw. It wasn't a perfect game, but Cook showed a lot of what the pros are looking for.

8/27/14: 2013 was Cook's first year as the full-time starter, and he got off to a slow start before coming on strong in the second half of the season to help lead the Spartans to a Big Ten title and victory over Stanford in the Rose Bowl. Cook completed 58.7 percent of his passes for 2,755 yards with 22 touchdowns and six interceptions for the year. He had great games against Ohio State (24-40 for 304 with 3 touchdowns, 1 interception) and Stanford (22-36 for 332 yards with 2 touchdown, 1 interception) to close out the season.

Cook is generally a good decision-maker who has the size, arm and field vision to be a good pocket passer. He should be even better now that he has a year of experience. Becoming a first-round prospect isn't out of the question for Cook, but skipping the 2015 NFL Draft and returning for his senior season of college football could help him achieve that.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:42 PM   #60
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
Man, Redskins fans just don't learn do they. In the middle of this drama with Griffin we're talking about drafting a QB in the first round. Imbeciles. Short of Manning, Brady, Rodgers, or Brees, there isn't an active quarterback that can win with this team. The only thing we should be thinking about drafting are competent OLs and shut-down secondary. Revision after revision we waste first round quarterbacks, Jason Campbell, Patrick Ramsey, and now RG3 and you guys want to draft another one?
I'm sorry but this is just uneducated and reeks of regurgitating media garbage.

If you go back and watch the tape of the last two games against Tampa and San Fran you can see countless examples of where a receiver or TE is running free and open, and the line protecting well enough for a typical QB to find the open man. Griffin looks at the wrong WRs given the defensive alignment he faces, he progresses from option to option too slowly, he drops back too far sometimes, and in others fails to step up when he should. He has no feel for the game, no understanding of Gruden's offense.

When Colt comes in you'll see the offense actually function. He'll put up 250 passing yards and we'll actually move the ball. Now, he'll probably commit some costly turnovers and that will say to you that Colt is capable of running the offense, but he's not a long term answer because of that tendency to make mistakes.

But put a very strong QB in place and you have a chance. QB should absolutely be on the table in the upcoming draft, to say otherwise says you don't understand pro football very well.

Do you have to support him with strong lines? Sure. But look at our cap space next year, we'll have opportunities in free agency. We shouldn't rule out QB if we get a shot at one. We might be picking 2nd for all we know and have a shot at Mariota.