Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 06:14 PM   #76
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Don't act like we don't' say the same thing to Trump supporters.

Let Snake have his moment.
Dude man, it's all good here. I can see how my "comeback" post reads, but I swear in my heart it wasn't meant like that. I was just saying how I had my concerns like many of us way early in the negotiations, and everytime i would give me thoughts on why the deal wouldn't happen, people were just basically like "THATS CRAZY, NO WAY WE TAG COUSINS TWO TIMES", etc. I thought i outlined every scenario, from his issues with Bruce Allen, to the theory that has gained life on other boards, that Cousins still connects this franchise to the Shanahans and the ill-fated RG3 deal. No matter. I just don't want to be looked at as a crazy man when i gave us all straight up reasons as to why Cousins wouldn't, and didn't get signed.

To be honest, i really want to move past Cousins here, and get back to debating other things. It will be hard to do, literally every game this season they will talk about how "Cousins is playing under the tag", blah blah blah. But hopefully we (The Redskins) learned from it, and next year they offer him a real long term contract. Let me be clear: I do not believe what Bruce Allen had to say. Other people who are good at breaking down the cap told me that Allen's deal was basically a two year contract, essentially. We need to get it right next time, and we have time. HTTR

Advertisements
Old 07-24-2017, 08:13 PM   #77
MTK
\m/

Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

There were plenty of legit reasons for him signing a LTD, and plenty of people in the know thought it could get done. So please spare us with the only you knew the truth and everyone else was just a hater BS.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:18 PM   #78
30gut
Playmaker

I can't get over the lack of planning.

They should have prepared for the obvious contingency that Kirk would not and might not sign a LTD and should simultaneously been working both to sign him and also to have a viable QB option in the works if a deal couldn't be worked out. Allen imho has committed many fireable offenses but foremost in my eyes is not drafting a viable developmental QB in the recent years.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:33 PM   #79
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Dude man, it's all good here. I can see how my "comeback" post reads, but I swear in my heart it wasn't meant like that. I was just saying how I had my concerns like many of us way early in the negotiations, and everytime i would give me thoughts on why the deal wouldn't happen, people were just basically like "THATS CRAZY, NO WAY WE TAG COUSINS TWO TIMES", etc. I thought i outlined every scenario, from his issues with Bruce Allen, to the theory that has gained life on other boards, that Cousins still connects this franchise to the Shanahans and the ill-fated RG3 deal. No matter. I just don't want to be looked at as a crazy man when i gave us all straight up reasons as to why Cousins wouldn't, and didn't get signed.

To be honest, i really want to move past Cousins here, and get back to debating other things. It will be hard to do, literally every game this season they will talk about how "Cousins is playing under the tag", blah blah blah. But hopefully we (The Redskins) learned from it, and next year they offer him a real long term contract. Let me be clear: I do not believe what Bruce Allen had to say. Other people who are good at breaking down the cap told me that Allen's deal was basically a two year contract, essentially. We need to get it right next time, and we have time. HTTR
I will give you credit for calling it, congratulations. I still think you're wrong with this whole "management hates Kirk because he represents ties to the past" nonsense. I fall more into the "Bruce Allen is a moron who doesn't want to pay Kirk fair market value because he's not sold on him" line of thinking. I also agree with NC, as long as Bruce Allen runs the team I will never be convinced we are in good hands. Hopefully we see some good football this year, but if we do that means Bruce Allen isn't going anywhere and maybe Kirk is. I fully believe that Kirk feels disrespected by B.A.'s lowball offers. It remains to be seen whether this gets bungled to the point that Kirk leaves and we have no backup solution in place. If that happens I will be all in on the "fire B.A." bandwagon, not that I'm not already on that one lol.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:04 AM   #80
FlyerSkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
I can't get over the lack of planning.

They should have prepared for the obvious contingency that Kirk would not and might not sign a LTD and should simultaneously been working both to sign him and also to have a viable QB option in the works if a deal couldn't be worked out. Allen imho has committed many fireable offenses but foremost in my eyes is not drafting a viable developmental QB in the recent years.
Sudfeld should be given a lot of preseason work. He does have the tools and made
Indiana a decent team while he was the starter there. He really didn't have much to work with either.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:04 AM   #81
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Anybody remember when Kirk could have been had for 5 years $100 million? That seems like it was ages ago, I hope he really wants to be a Redskin. I have a feeling the 49ers are going to wave a lot of money in his face.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:56 PM   #82
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
There were plenty of legit reasons for him signing a LTD, and plenty of people in the know thought it could get done. So please spare us with the only you knew the truth and everyone else was just a hater BS.
All due respect MTK, that's not what i'm trying to say. I never discredited anyone "in the know" that said it would get done, i just gave my own reasons for why i didn't think it would get done, and I was never given any facts or any other reason for why I was wrong other than i was crazy, etc.. Plenty of people here also gave reasons why it WOULDNT happen. I just felt like i was the only one who was met with almost venemous hatred. I guess we can safely say that those who were so called "in the know" didn't know what they think they did.

I want to move past it. I think there is still a chance, a small one, that we can sign Cousins this upcoming off-season. I will stop talking about it. I have respect for you and all the other posters. I want to move past it. All is good here, like i said i look forward to debating about other stuff.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:11 AM   #83
MTK
\m/

Plenty of legit reasons for a deal getting done were put out there, you either ignored them or missed them. Either way it's over until next offseason, congrats on your big win. I hope you equally acknowledge the next time you're wrong on something.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:07 AM   #84
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I fall more into the "Bruce Allen is a moron who doesn't want to pay Kirk fair market value because he's not sold on him" line of thinking. I also agree with NC, as long as Bruce Allen runs the team I will never be convinced we are in good hands.

I really wonder if it's Bruce Allen or it it's really Dan Snyder. Let's not forget it's Dan Snyder who wasn't a fan of "Kurt" and was one of the main people pushing for his trade. Danny boy is still butthurt his chosen one didn't pan out. I think they're both bungling idiots.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 07-26-2017, 09:57 AM   #85
mitch e
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I really wonder if it's Bruce Allen or it it's really Dan Snyder. Let's not forget it's Dan Snyder who wasn't a fan of "Kurt" and was one of the main people pushing for his trade. Danny boy is still butthurt his chosen one didn't pan out. I think they're both bungling idiots.
I think your right about management, why not say give us what it's going to take to make you a long term Redskin. If his people won't work with us start trying to trade him and find out if his back up is the answer, or start planing to move up in next years draft.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:31 AM   #86
Schneed10
A Dude

Snake was right in his thinking that Cousins would not sign a LTD with us by July 17, but not right in thinking that Cousins is done in DC. That jury is still out. We'll find that out in February/March.

He clearly kept his options open by sticking to the one-year pact for now. The question is was he doing that to force his way out of DC, or was he doing that because he needed to see more from the Redskins before he determined whether this place was best for him long term?
Old 07-26-2017, 10:32 AM   #87
MTK
\m/

Snyder has been on board with keeping him going by reports in recent months.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:12 PM   #88
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
That's why I specifically didn't lump him in with Bruce. I know Snyder has a long track record of being terrible but I don't think his pettiness would rise to a level where he would rather screw the team for the future just to satisfy his need for revenge/closure.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:49 PM   #89
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
That's why I specifically didn't lump him in with Bruce. I know Snyder has a long track record of being terrible but I don't think his pettiness would rise to a level where he would rather screw the team for the future just to satisfy his need for revenge/closure.
Hanlon's Razor : "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Same old Skins (Front office).
Old 07-26-2017, 09:08 PM   #90
FlyerSkin

Quote:
What reports?
Closed Thread