Raiders Vs Skins Pregame Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-21-2017, 04:53 PM   #31
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Raiders Vs Skins Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Who on the team "breaks out" this weekend with a big game?

Im gonna call TP breaking out...100 yards Receiving 1 TD.

who you got?
Docston. It's coming sooner or later.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2017, 04:54 PM   #32
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Breakout guys: D - Fuller, O - Doctson (go ahead and roll your eyes).

On a side note, I absolutely love that Jonathan Allen and Matt Ioannidis led the D Line in snaps last week.
Amen. Ioannidis has made a huge leap from year 1 to year 2. And at such a needed position. It makes for tremendous depth on the line. When we can rotate in five guys between Allen, Ioannidis, McGee, Hood, and McClain it keeps everybody fresh.

But yeah it's a good sign that it's the young guys leading the way.

Fuller, also with a good leap from year 1 to year 2. Huge.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:50 PM   #33
rocnrik
Playmaker

Cousins throws a TD to Grant in the 2cnd game and that is a confidence booster?? ..what about his demands for like 25 million per year!! He doesn't sound like a man without confidence to me.
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:00 PM   #34
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Two different situations. In the contract situation he knows he had the upper hand because of the way that the franchise tag played out. On the field he still has to gain confidence in his receivers because they're a new group and in the play-calling which
is new and after throwing an interception in the Red Zone the first week he needed confidence in the Red Zone of his own.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:35 PM   #35
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Amen. Ioannidis has made a huge leap from year 1 to year 2. And at such a needed position. It makes for tremendous depth on the line. When we can rotate in five guys between Allen, Ioannidis, McGee, Hood, and McClain it keeps everybody fresh.

I love what I am seeing from Fuller so far, makes you really think he was hurt last year coming off that injury

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:26 AM   #36
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:

Ioannidis had a great game.

I really think Manusky is coaching them up.

I mean guys in second year taking huge steps forward (Fuller, Ioannidis), guys we already know playing way better than last year (Preston Smith) and guys we didn't expect much of solidly contributing (rookie Nicholson, FA McClain)...

Something's going right in this locker room !
Old 09-22-2017, 08:13 AM   #37
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I haven't seen 1 person on TV pick us to beat Oakland.. I like that. Lets hope Kirk gets going and the run game stays strong.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:33 AM   #38
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post

I mean guys in second year taking huge steps forward (Fuller, Ioannidis), guys we already know playing way better than last year (Preston Smith) and guys we didn't expect much of solidly contributing (rookie Nicholson, FA McClain)...

Or Tomsula and Torrian Gray, really. I think Fewell was a fuckin turd in particular. And Tomsula is a beast.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:16 AM   #39
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I can see Gruden trying a trick play in this game, lateral to Pryor and Pryor chucking it downfield to a WR.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:33 AM   #40
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post

This is the biggest shocker to me. Out of our entire draft class I expected the least from him.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:57 PM   #41
WillH
The Starter

Carr vs. Skins CBs is the biggest matchup of this game. Our offense I think matches up well, especially if our running game picks up where it left off. I also think Cousins will hit on a few more passes to his WRs, their CBs aren't all that impressive.

I also think our run D will continue to shut it down. Marshawn is good, but watching the film, I think our D line is above and beyond the likes of the Jets and Titans, at least so far.

They will struggle to get to Carr though. Dude is releasing the ball in 2.07 sec. Our DBs need to show up big again this week. I honestly think we may matchup well. Our D has been good at smothering short passes and screens and this has been a big part of the Raiders offense. 89% of their completed passes have been "short passes". Breeland and Norman can shutdown Cooper and Crabtree, Fuller can pickup the screens. I think the mid range passes (especially to TEs) is our biggest vulnerability, and Carr has those balls out nearly as quick as a screen. It's a tough matchup, but I think our DBs could potentially slow Carr down. The Jets did not jam well at the line. I think that is a strength of our corners, and if the WR is off the timing of the route it could lead to picks and/or more opportunities for sacks.

Which brings me to my next key to the game cliche, win the TO battle. Last week, the Raiders scored at least 2 TDs set up be the Jets self inflicted turnovers. They are too good to give them easy opportunities.

Oakland clearly present at this point as the better all around team, but I think we match up well, the D is confident and getting better, and Offense is slowly coming along. Hopefully, Kirk and his weapons get back on track enough this week to make a difference.

Skins 34-30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2017, 08:41 PM   #42
Eagles1
Camp Scrub

31-24 Raiders.
I think the AFC West could be the best division top to bottom. The Raiders have a top 2 or 3 O-line and a D that's getting better. IMO they are legitimate contenders. Skins' best shot is if the play ball control O and win the turnover battle. They can't win a shootout; Carr won't make the mistakes Cousins will.
Eagles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:47 PM   #43
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
Carr vs. Skins CBs is the biggest matchup of this game. Our offense I think matches up well, especially if our running game picks up where it left off. I also think Cousins will hit on a few more passes to his WRs, their CBs aren't all that impressive.

I also think our run D will continue to shut it down. Marshawn is good, but watching the film, I think our D line is above and beyond the likes of the Jets and Titans, at least so far.

They will struggle to get to Carr though. Dude is releasing the ball in 2.07 sec. Our DBs need to show up big again this week. I honestly think we may matchup well. Our D has been good at smothering short passes and screens and this has been a big part of the Raiders offense. 89% of their completed passes have been "short passes". Breeland and Norman can shutdown Cooper and Crabtree, Fuller can pickup the screens. I think the mid range passes (especially to TEs) is our biggest vulnerability, and Carr has those balls out nearly as quick as a screen. It's a tough matchup, but I think our DBs could potentially slow Carr down. The Jets did not jam well at the line. I think that is a strength of our corners, and if the WR is off the timing of the route it could lead to picks and/or more opportunities for sacks.

Which brings me to my next key to the game cliche, win the TO battle. Last week, the Raiders scored at least 2 TDs set up be the Jets self inflicted turnovers. They are too good to give them easy opportunities.

Oakland clearly present at this point as the better all around team, but I think we match up well, the D is confident and getting better, and Offense is slowly coming along. Hopefully, Kirk and his weapons get back on track enough this week to make a difference.

Skins 34-30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like Keim said today...Raiders defense is very vulnerable especially at lb and cornerback. Lots of opportunities with matchup problems vs passing game IF Cousins can get it together.

One matchup I'm dying to see:

Beastmode vs Zach Brown Band. Shit is gonna get physical.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 12:35 AM   #44
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Raiders 38
Skins 21
I picked us to lose last week, and to win the week before. I am doing this for the team. HTTR!
Wouldn't be shocked if we got our asses kicked. Wouldn't be shocked if we win. Would be shocked if we won big because we just don't do such things. Also am remembering the superbowl we were supposed to spank the Raiders. I was just a kid, but I literally got ill and threw up at halftime of that game. Still have a comic i cut out of one of the papers before hand. It is Riggins standing on the field in a very defiant manner with all the Raiders defense buried up to their necks. Alzado and company. We were supposed to destroy them. I guess i am still not over it huh?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:41 AM   #45
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Or Tomsula and Torrian Gray, really. I think Fewell was a fuckin turd in particular. And Tomsula is a beast.
Good point.
I forgot to include Breeland in the guys we already know playing better than last year. Bree is just back to his normal self, which he clearly wasn't last year under Fewell and Barry.