F 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2019, 05:26 PM   #106
Warthog
The Starter

Re: Post Draft Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kope View Post
Agree. I think he started getting better with Gibbs II. No where near good, but improving. Since Jay sat Robert I think the organization has been pretty good, including Kirk.
Dan Snyder has given Gruden 7 seasons to win, instead of his firing a coach after a season or two. I just wish he would dump Bruce Allen and hire a real GM - then let him do his job.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-01-2019, 07:52 PM   #107
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Dan Snyder has given Gruden 7 seasons to win, instead of his firing a coach after a season or two. I just wish he would dump Bruce Allen and hire a real GM - then let him do his job.
Incorrect. Gruden is going into his 6th season.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 08:00 PM   #108
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Snyder still fails because he needs someone to be his buffer. He's too much of a chicken shit to come out and talk to the media himself. Even with a fan base that's dwindling he just keeps quiet.

However, the minute the media says how well the Redskins did in the draft, here comes Bruce out of his cave sticking his chest out. That shit makes me sick really. What the fuck did Bruce actually do? Hand in the draft cards? Agree with Snyder to draft Haskins? He's such an ass kissing little bitch. I still can't stand that guy.

Smith runs the draft, yet I wouldn't know him if he passed me on the street. I'm sure at some point he's going to leave here because he doesn't want to deal with the nonsense over at Redskin Park.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 08:27 PM   #109
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Snyder still fails because he needs someone to be his buffer. He's too much of a chicken shit to come out and talk to the media himself. Even with a fan base that's dwindling he just keeps quiet.

However, the minute the media says how well the Redskins did in the draft, here comes Bruce out of his cave sticking his chest out. That shit makes me sick really. What the fuck did Bruce actually do? Hand in the draft cards? Agree with Snyder to draft Haskins? He's such an ass kissing little bitch. I still can't stand that guy.

Smith runs the draft, yet I wouldn't know him if he passed me on the street. I'm sure at some point he's going to leave here because he doesn't want to deal with the nonsense over at Redskin Park.
I agree that Snyder likes having Allen around to soak up the heat. It makes sense.

Still, credit where it's due. The draft looks good from here and even though we can debate how much credit Allen deserves, he deserves part of the credit because we all know he's part of the process.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 08:37 PM   #110
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:

I frankly don’t care if Bobo the Clown is our GM. If there are front office people that actually make sound draft and free agent decisions, Captain Dingleberry Allen can say or do whatever he wants. He’s really like the Queen of England, a powerless mouthpiece that represents the past.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:04 PM   #111
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Incorrect. Gruden is going into his 6th season.
Yup.....and heading into his 6th NFL season as a HC Jay Gruden is still well below .500....pathetic.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:18 PM   #112
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Honestly I’m nervous about Snyder being the driving force behind Haskins. But shit, what can I do at this point? That rat fucker is always lurking. But I did think the draft went well, so lessens the thought of Snyder telling football guys who to draft.

But I’m gonna just try stay positive, keep drinking, hope we can add a safety and get ready for the season. I just can’t take another Ereck Flowers move.

The bold part was nice, made me laugh cause you know Bruce walks around reading his fucking headlines

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 10:36 AM   #113
los panda
Pro Bowl

The Colts war room when Juicy Brucey called.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:53 AM   #114
jamf
Pro Bowl

Skip to 1:06
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 11:10 AM   #115
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Colts draft process is awesome stuff
Old 05-02-2019, 01:55 PM   #116
MTK
\m/

Kyle Smith Breaks Down Every Pick In The Redskins' 2019 Draft Class
Old 05-02-2019, 02:14 PM   #117
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Colts draft process is awesome stuff
Did anyone else think it was weird that they didn't counter at all?

Like "Throw in a 6th and you've got a deal."

I mean, they called you, you didn't call them. Why not try to get at least something else out of it? I highly doubt Bruce would have hung up the phone if Ballard had asked for a 6th or 7th. He may have said no, of course, but I doubt that just asking would have killed the trade.
Old 05-02-2019, 02:35 PM   #118
los panda
Pro Bowl

Great read, I especially like the points made about Jimmy Moreland not shrinking or backing down against good competition in the East-West game and the Senior Bowl.

I'm obviously rooting for all of our draft picks but especially Jimmy Moreland.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:07 PM   #119
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
Did anyone else think it was weird that they didn't counter at all?

Like "Throw in a 6th and you've got a deal."

I mean, they called you, you didn't call them. Why not try to get at least something else out of it? I highly doubt Bruce would have hung up the phone if Ballard had asked for a 6th or 7th. He may have said no, of course, but I doubt that just asking would have killed the trade.
Supposedly all the teams are using the same draft chart so they know what proper value is. I seem to recall reading that if the skins pick next year about the same they pick this year, the colts got a much better end of the deal. So i guess for them, its kind of like someone offering you $300 for your old phone. You have already checked craigslist and know they're giving you $50 more than anyone else would. You're not going to be greedy and ask for more. You're just going to say yes and feel happy you accomplished what you want and got more than fair market value.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:26 PM   #120
los panda
Pro Bowl

I've been buying a lot of retro video games lately on eBay. Many of them using the "Best Offer" function and I'm disappointed when the seller accepts my first offer.

I'm like "Well darn, I know I got a good deal here but a dollar or two less would have been an even better deal." Two or three of those and I could have afforded to buy an additional game with the savings.

I'm also selling some retro games on eBay, with "Buy It Now" pricing in addition to using the "Best Offer" function. And it blows my mind when someone just buys it now at the full list price instead of making me an offer at a lower price.

Absolutely nothing to lose, because I can decline all their offers and they can still "Buy It Now" at the end of the day.

I get that each team uses similar charts if not the exact same chart, but the chart can't possibly tell them exactly where a team will finish the upcoming season and their draft order the next year.

"Bruce, you guys just got a great QB, your picks next year are going to be a lot lower than 15th out of 32, throw in a 6th rounder and I'm DTF."