Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 08:13 PM   #136
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Re: The Haskins Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Seriously, they've got 11 days to get a game plan installed for him. Give him a limited package of things he's comfortable with. Screens, quick slants, one read stuff, no audibles just let him throw hot. Why can every other team with a rookie QB get them up to speed and we have to keep hearing how our guy isn't ready?

You know who's laughing over this not ready crap? The Shanahans. They took Griffin and molded an entire offense around him and he won ROY. I'm done with this not ready BS. Get him ready.
He’s not ready because he has 15 collegiate starts and should have stayed at OSU. Division I football, even at the highest level, is still not the NFL. This dude is raw as a fresh tuna catch as it comes in the boat.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing

Advertisements
Old 10-25-2019, 10:05 PM   #137
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

That has nothing to do with it. Kyler Murray had almost the same amount of starts as Dwayne
Old 10-25-2019, 10:41 PM   #138
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
That has nothing to do with it. Kyler Murray had almost the same amount of starts as Dwayne
they are different though, Kyler is a freak athlete so that helps. He's also in a Offense that he used in college (Air Raid) which is very QB friendly.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:12 AM   #139
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Yes, and Kyler Murray is exactly the same type of qb, a pocket passer with a big arm. There's no learning curve for that style qb either, he should be plug'n'play.
Old 10-26-2019, 02:09 AM   #140
mike340
Special Teams

After seeing the interview I'm 75% that he's a bust and 25% that it's too early.

I'm reminded of the joke where a woman was in a big flood and asked God to help her. Later 3 different boats came by and asked if they could help and she said "No, God will help." After she drowned she saw God and asked why he hadn't helped. And he asked "And the 3 boats...?"

I'm just left with the feeling that he thinks that in time, "God will provide" and that he doesn't need to do that much to help.
Old 10-26-2019, 04:54 AM   #141
Warthog
The Starter

Re: The Haskins Thread

Play Haskins for the rest of the season and see how he progresses (or not). Use a third or fourth draft pick to get a project QB. Use the majority of the 2020 draft, to build a solid OL. Trade to get any extras draft picks for the following players:

Norman
Richardson
TW
Kerrigan
Moses (May get a ham sandwich for him)
Scherff
Etc.

We may be using a top draft for a QB IN 2021, after seeing Haskins on his second season if he fails to progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 10-26-2019, 12:17 PM   #142
Defensewins
Playmaker

It is not about bust or not.
Even before the draft I did not think Haskins was a franchise QB ready to be a high draft pick,much less ready to play in the NFL. Physically he is talented. Preparation and fundamentals he is at least a year or two away.
It is not that it take so long to learn. It takes a long time to break bad habits that he has developed over the course of his entire plying career because he was always one of the best players on his high school and college field. Now in NFL he is not the best and his bad footwork and undisciplined play is magnified. It’s a lot like trying to change your golf swing you have had your entire life or learning to write with your left hand. It does not happen after one training camp. Sometimes (see RGIii) it never happens.
It is so easy for a top athlete QB in high school and college to be exceptional and not learn the fundamentals. This is what we have.
Old 10-26-2019, 12:59 PM   #143
Warthog
The Starter

Re: The Haskins Thread

I’m starting to see statements come out of Redskins camp: “Haskins may need to sit out this year OR MAYBE ANOTHER SEASON or more. Only a draft pick by the idiot twins Allen / Snyder could pick a QB who is a freakin’ MULTI-YEAR project. I am now of the opinion that the Redskins need to draft a QB with their top five 2020 draft pick. Whichever QB can develop faster stays on the team and the other is trade bait.

This really is a disaster. Bruce Allen is officially the worst GM in the NFL. But what is worse is that he so smug and stupid that he doesn’t even KNOW IT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 10-26-2019, 11:32 PM   #144
VTSkins1961
Special Teams

Too early to tell is Haskins is a bust but it would be wise to play him after the bye to see what we got so we can plan the upcoming draft accordingly. He hasn't looked good but o-line hasn't been that good either. A great o-line can make a average qb look great....
Old 10-27-2019, 12:09 AM   #145
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
A chance to win. Isn't that what they go out to do? This whole notion that they have to find out what we have for next year is a bunch of BS. I think they already know what they have, and that's why he's not starting.

No way. He isn’t/wasn’t starting because they don’t think he is ready and he obviously isn’t. But what should they do? They need to use the rest of the season to see if quarterback is a need in the off season. If he plays 8 more games and shows no improvement than we have to seriously consider drafting quarterback.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:30 AM   #146
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
No way. He isn’t/wasn’t starting because they don’t think he is ready and he obviously isn’t. But what should they do? They need to use the rest of the season to see if quarterback is a need in the off season. If he plays 8 more games and shows no improvement than we have to seriously consider drafting quarterback.
Your need to determine whether a rookie qb is a bust in the span of a year is wrong IMO. We knew he wasn't pro-ready when we got him, projects take more than a year to develop.

If it were up to me I'd spend the rest of this year prepping him to start for the next coach in 2020. He's not going to be ready in a week, and I wouldn't even put him in a game until he shows that he can run the offense with a base set of plays in practice. If that doesn't happen this year so be it. But we have to give him at least 2 years before we give up on him. This team already has enough holes without adding qb to the list.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:01 AM   #147
rocnrik
Playmaker

One year starter on a powerhouse college team that has far superior talent to most of there opponents is not a true indicator of there success in the NFL.. Haskins just did not develop bad habits overnight.. did they not see the flaws? The redskins went in the draft QB blind .. they were taking a QB regardless .. looking back I liked the pick however I know nothing but apparently I know as much as Bruce and Dan ..nobody can feel good about where we are at concerning the QB ..I fear we panic and pick another QB with top pick in draft and who is to say that works ... How about the guy in Jax.. when Foles comes back would they move him ? McCoy should be gone.. Keenum is the best we got.. Smith is done .. haskins at best is a 1-2 year project that should have been a 3rd -4th rnd pick .. The last two games were winnable with average QB play .. 10 points wins the 49er game and we were in it late at Vikings.. Is there a vet QB out there that would come here on the cheap that would be upgrade over this mess we got?
Old 10-27-2019, 11:49 AM   #148
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Your need to determine whether a rookie qb is a bust in the span of a year is wrong IMO. We knew he wasn't pro-ready when we got him, projects take more than a year to develop.

If it were up to me I'd spend the rest of this year prepping him to start for the next coach in 2020. He's not going to be ready in a week, and I wouldn't even put him in a game until he shows that he can run the offense with a base set of plays in practice. If that doesn't happen this year so be it. But we have to give him at least 2 years before we give up on him. This team already has enough holes without adding qb to the list.
I totally understand your point. But I'll add when the new coach comes in then he should have the power to draft another QB early if he feels it's warranted.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:51 AM   #149
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
It is so easy for a top athlete QB in high school and college to be exceptional and not learn the fundamentals. This is what we have.
Why? As someone pushing 60 who competed in quite a diverse range of sports and took lessons in others just for leisure as a youth I cannot name one where fundamentals weren't pounded into everyone's head from the get go. Now we see NFL quarterbacks with bad footwork and defenders using poor tackling techniques that would have earned an ass chewing from a Pop Warner coach.

I am just going to assume these days if you are strong, fast, and or talented enough to be an impact player in spite of poor fundamentals and mental mistakes coaches don't bother forcing you to improve.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:56 AM   #150
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
The last two games were winnable with average QB play .. 10 points wins the 49er game and we were in it late at Vikings.. Is there a vet QB out there that would come here on the cheap that would be upgrade over this mess we got?
I am not so sure about that I think both those teams kept in vanilla on offense and didn't take any risks knowing their opponent would gain around 200 yards and score in single digits.
Closed Thread