Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Offseason: Around the NFL

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-14-2020, 01:35 PM   #241
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Offseason: Around the NFL

I remember hearing on the radio about the time of Norman’s benching that the team told him they were going to play the young guys but instead of making him an inactive they would still carry him on the roster so the remaining games counted towards accrued pensions and/or bonus money something like that.

One of the few things the Bruce regimen did competently imo.

Advertisements
Old 05-14-2020, 07:28 PM   #242
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Per TMZ, Dunbar has been arrested for armed robbery

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2020, 07:47 PM   #243
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

I guess we dodged a bullet on that one.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 07:47 PM   #244
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:

Wow. There’s something I’m not surprised about. Shmuck
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 07:55 PM   #245
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/14/deand...ants-seahawks/

According to police, the two men were partying in Miramar, FL on May 13 ... when things took a disturbing turn.

Cops say Baker and Dunbar were allegedly hanging at a cookout -- playing cards and video games -- when an argument broke out and Baker whipped out a semi-automatic firearm.

Cops say the men began to rob party guests ... with Dunbar assisting in taking watches and other valuables at the direction of Baker.

At one point, cops say Baker directed a 3rd man -- who was wearing a red mask -- to shoot someone who had just walked into the party ... but fortunately, no one was actually shot.

Law enforcement says the men made out with more than $7,000 in cash -- along with several valuable watches including an $18,000 Rolex watch, a $25,000 Hublot and a pricey Audemars Piguet timepiece.

There are conflicting reports from witnesses about whether Dunbar was armed with a gun -- some say he was, others say he was not.

One witness told cops they had met Baker and Dunbar at a party a few days earlier in Miami -- at which the NFL players had "lost" around $70,000.

Our sources tell us the men had "lost" the money in high-stakes card games and other forms of gambling.

One witness told cops the men were gambling again at the May 13 event ... when an argument broke out and Baker allegedly flipped a table and busted out his piece.

These guys are so fucking stupid...have the intelligence of a flea. Fucking morons. So glad we traded this fucktard.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:02 PM   #246
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Probably a year long suspension

Old 05-14-2020, 08:20 PM   #247
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Probably a year long suspension

will he be out of jail by then?
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:29 PM   #248
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Good riddance!! Is Trent next to do something stupid? I hope so.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:32 PM   #249
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

According to police, the two men were partying in Miramar, FL on May 13 ... when things took a disturbing turn.

Cops say Baker and Dunbar were allegedly hanging at a cookout -- playing cards and video games -- when an argument broke out and Baker whipped out a semi-automatic firearm.

Cops say the men began to rob party guests ... with Dunbar assisting in taking watches and other valuables at the direction of Baker.

At one point, cops say Baker directed a 3rd man -- who was wearing a red mask -- to shoot someone who had just walked into the party ... but fortunately, no one was actually shot.

Law enforcement says the men made out with more than $7,000 in cash -- along with several valuable watches including an $18,000 Rolex watch, a $25,000 Hublot and a pricey Audemars Piguet timepiece.

There are conflicting reports from witnesses about whether Dunbar was armed with a gun -- some say he was, others say he was not.

One witness told cops they had met Baker and Dunbar at a party a few days earlier in Miami -- at which the NFL players had "lost" around $70,000.

Our sources tell us the men had "lost" the money in high-stakes card games and other forms of gambling.

One witness told cops the men were gambling again at the May 13 event ... when an argument broke out and Baker allegedly flipped a table and busted out his piece.

These guys are so fucking stupid...have the intelligence of a flea. Fucking morons. So glad we traded this fucktard.

Per OTC Dunbar has already earned over 8M through his career.

Let's say he paid taxes and spent a lot, still, picture yourself owning a 3M house, with no loan, having 1M on your bank account, and being set to earn over 3M next year... can you imagine one scenario where you would end up stealing 100K in an arm robbery ? ... I can't.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:39 PM   #250
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Per OTC Dunbar has already earned over 8M through his career.

Let's say he paid taxes and spent a lot, still, picture yourself owning a 3M house, with no loan, having 1M on your bank account, and being set to earn over 3M next year... can you imagine one scenario where you would end up stealing 100K in an arm robbery ? ... I can't.
Yeah but some people do reeeaaallllllyyyyuu stupid stuff in the heat of the moment.

Or look at it this way, you constantly at parties gambling and losing $70k in chunks, you trash anyway. That’s exactly how trash acts. Now I know why he was speaking out against the Redskins. Trash. Have fun in the dumpster Dunbar!
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:46 PM   #251
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Yeah but some people do reeeaaallllllyyyyuu stupid stuff in the heat of the moment.

Or look at it this way, you constantly at parties gambling and losing $70k in chunks, you trash anyway. That’s exactly how trash acts. Now I know why he was speaking out against the Redskins. Trash. Have fun in the dumpster Dunbar!
Yeah that was my point, how stupid do you have to be to end up in that situation...
Old 05-14-2020, 09:34 PM   #252
rocnrik
Playmaker

Glad we have a coach who looks at character when deciding on who to pay ... under Gruden we would have given this guy a ton of money only to have him serve jail time .. if you commit armed robbery you will go to jail ... I’m glad he ain’t our problem
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 05:06 AM   #253
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Stupid doesn't cover it. These guys are done in the NFL and will be in prison for years!
Old 05-16-2020, 03:00 PM   #254
TKilla7126
Camp Scrub

Same. I harbor no ill will towards Norman.

He didn't live up to his contract and that happens a lot in the league.

But at least with him, we didn't have to worry about effort like a certain defensive player we massively overpaid

*coughs* Haynesworth *coughs*
TKilla7126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 06:46 PM   #255
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Please make this happen