NFL Free Agent Signings 2020

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-17-2020, 10:33 AM   #91
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: NFL Free Agent Signings 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Sign Ebron and draft a TE and I'd be ok with that.
That works for me. Ebron is underrated, IMO. Also, there are several TE's in the draft that I like a lot.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-17-2020, 10:37 AM   #92
SunnySide
Playmaker

I strongly oppose Ebron.

I posted a lengthy detailed post citing to article and quotes to support the labels that he doesnt block, doesnt try to block, doesnt want to block, will "speak his mind" when hes not getting the ball and made a business decision last year to shut down his season half way through so he could be healthy for this offseason FA. I am brushing off the rookie problems of not working or studying or showing interest in learning as something he has moved past (I hope, Im just guessing).

Lions didnt want him. Colts dont want him. We wont want him in 2 years if he signs with us.

Thankfully, he shouldnt because he seems to be the antithesis of a RR guy.

-----------------
It’s as if Ebron decided this season was a lost cause anyway, so time to get surgery and heal up to be ready for 2020. He’s not the first player to make what is known as a business decision, which make no mistake, is the real reason for why he limped away now.

He’s about to become a free agent, so getting healthy is essential to getting paid soon. But Ballard should be smart enough to not re-sign Ebron after he put himself before the team.

It’s not the first time the tight end has done that, either. Remember just a couple of weeks ago, Ebron went public with his grievance that he wanted to be more a part of the offense. Nothing was said at the time about injury. He sounded like a Pro Bowl tight end who didn’t think he was being used effectively enough.
https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/er...onchoiceeasier

-------------

I do not want an over paid one dimensional TE who cant play 3 downs and disguise our packages because he cant and wont block.

Fuck TEs who cant block. Double fuck TEs who dont even want to try. The days of Jordan Reeds being in fashion are over in the NFL. You need a 3 down guy so your play calling is not predictable. When we rolled Reed out there on an end = pass. When he put Sprinkle or someone in = run. Cant have that.

I dont need TEs who can burn slot CBs/LBs in the seam for 30 yards. I need a guy that can block, find the soft spots and move the chains.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:53 AM   #93
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I strongly oppose Ebron.

I posted a lengthy detailed post citing to article and quotes to support the labels that he doesnt block, doesnt try to block, doesnt want to block, will "speak his mind" when hes not getting the ball and made a business decision last year to shut down his season half way through so he could be healthy for this offseason FA. I am brushing off the rookie problems of not working or studying or showing interest in learning as something he has moved past (I hope, Im just guessing).

Lions didnt want him. Colts dont want him. We wont want him in 2 years if he signs with us.

Thankfully, he shouldnt because he seems to be the antithesis of a RR guy.

-----------------
It’s as if Ebron decided this season was a lost cause anyway, so time to get surgery and heal up to be ready for 2020. He’s not the first player to make what is known as a business decision, which make no mistake, is the real reason for why he limped away now.

He’s about to become a free agent, so getting healthy is essential to getting paid soon. But Ballard should be smart enough to not re-sign Ebron after he put himself before the team.

It’s not the first time the tight end has done that, either. Remember just a couple of weeks ago, Ebron went public with his grievance that he wanted to be more a part of the offense. Nothing was said at the time about injury. He sounded like a Pro Bowl tight end who didn’t think he was being used effectively enough.
https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/er...onchoiceeasier

-------------

I do not want an over paid one dimensional TE who cant play 3 downs and disguise our packages because he cant and wont block.

Fuck TEs who cant block. Double fuck TEs who dont even want to try. The days of Jordan Reeds being in fashion are over in the NFL. You need a 3 down guy so your play calling is not predictable. When we rolled Reed out there on an end = pass. When he put Sprinkle or someone in = run. Cant have that.

I dont need TEs who can burn slot CBs/LBs in the seam for 30 yards. I need a guy that can block, find the soft spots and move the chains.
Turner's offense, much like his dad's, thrives off the TE who run up the seam for 30 yards.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 11:01 AM   #94
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Cam Newton wants out
Old 03-17-2020, 11:06 AM   #95
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Turner's offense, much like his dad's, thrives off the TE who run up the seam for 30 yards.
I understand why SunnySide feels the way he does about Ebron. I'm not planning to honor him as Man of the Year. Nevertheless, he is a very good fit for Turner's offense, as Chico pointed out.

My hope would be to sign Ebron to a reasonable, shorter term deal (if that is even possible in this crazy FA market), draft a TE prospect, and continue to develop Sprinkle. The only other way to improve the position short term would be via trade. I just don't like any of the other TE FA's who are out there.
Old 03-17-2020, 11:09 AM   #96
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Cam Newton wants out
Don't even think about it, Okie. Please don't bring that circus to this town.
Old 03-17-2020, 11:17 AM   #97
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Don't even think about it, Okie. Please don't bring that circus to this town.
Ha is Matt Rhule a Haskins guy?

No I do not want Cam, the only QB I want besides Haskins is well documented here
Old 03-17-2020, 11:34 AM   #98
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I don't want Ebron. There is no way RR will want a guy like that. I'm sure we have a plan to address TE.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 11:38 AM   #99
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I understand why SunnySide feels the way he does about Ebron. I'm not planning to honor him as Man of the Year. Nevertheless, he is a very good fit for Turner's offense, as Chico pointed out.

My hope would be to sign Ebron to a reasonable, shorter term deal (if that is even possible in this crazy FA market), draft a TE prospect, and continue to develop Sprinkle. The only other way to improve the position short term would be via trade. I just don't like any of the other TE FA's who are out there.
Sprinkle can not be developed.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:32 PM   #100
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:

Develop him into what???

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:59 PM   #101
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Cam Newton wants out
I think it is more like the Panthers wanted him out, looks like they are going to sign Bridgewater to a $20 mil a year deal.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:14 PM   #102
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Littleton to the Raiders :|
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:35 PM   #103
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The skins have been dead ass quiet
Old 03-17-2020, 02:56 PM   #104
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Brady to sign with Tampa tomorrow https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/co...ay-buccaneers/
Old 03-17-2020, 03:08 PM   #105
skinsfan69
Living Legend

The Bucs to me would be the obvious choice. Warm weather, good offensive coach. You have 2 really good wr's and 2 really good TE's, weak defenses in that division. Look at the numbers Winston put up. Brady can go in there and do some damage if they can protect him.