Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

How Many Games Should We Test Haskins?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-07-2020, 11:17 AM   #241
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: How Many Games Should We Test Haskins?

Four.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-07-2020, 09:38 PM   #242
Warthog
The Starter

How Many Games Should We Test Haskins?

Haskins is a 1-2 year project AND THEN he still may be a Jason Campbell or Patrick Ramsey. Haskins was another questionable draft pick and personnel decision from Dan Snyder.

The trouble with this decision today to WIN NOW, is that so many pieces are missing on this team. Rivera didn’t really do anything in FA, except to try to get a top WR, who eventually went to Dallas. There were few other FA moves else except Fuller. Nothing in TE of significance. Nothing at WR except for Inman who is strictly a journeyman. Nothing big at the OL. So, Rivera was saving his cap money for next year.

Rivera has seen the fundamental footwork problems, which effected the accuracy of Haskins. The poor footwork only shows itself in games. Since there were no OTA’s or pre-season games, this footwork and his subsequent weak accuracy problems probably came as a surprise to Rivera. It also can’t be cured until the off-season or longer. Rivera doesn’t want to wait until longer.

I think two things have changed for Rivera. First: he was diagnosed with cancer this summer. Cancer is the ultimate REALITY CHECK. It is a huge bell that announces loudly that we are all mortal. Before he was diagnosed, Rivera might have been able to wait out his first season to see how Haskins and the other young players and also the one-year FA signing. Maybe he’s not so willing to wait until next year.

Obviously, the next change was Rivera realizing how weak the NFC East was. The Eagles are the top team in the NFC East and they have only one win AND the WFT beat them. So, Rivera is moving from the “before season” plan to the WIN NOW.

If Allen doesn’t win fast, then I think RR will move quickly to Alex Smith. If Smith doesn’t win, then I can see RR moving back to Haskins - AS LONG AS Haskins AND HIS AGENT, take this demotion well. As long as Haskins keeps his attitude in the right place and he keeps practicing well HASKIN’s HAS A CHANCE TO PLAY MORE GAMES this year. But if Allen or Smith does well, Haskins is done this year and maybe forever with this team.

I still think that the WFT will draft a QB with their first pick in the 2021 draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:26 PM   #243
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Four.
You called it !!!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:56 AM   #244
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Four.

Lol.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 10:02 AM   #245
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
The trouble with this decision today to WIN NOW, is that so many pieces are missing on this team. Rivera didn’t really do anything in FA, except to try to get a top WR, who eventually went to Dallas. There were few other FA moves else except Fuller. Nothing in TE of significance. Nothing at WR except for Inman who is strictly a journeyman. Nothing big at the OL. So, Rivera was saving his cap money for next year.
I agree that he's reassessed the division after what is effectively a preseason period. Before we were looking at 2nd position at best, most probably 3rd or 4th. Now we're looking at 1st or 2nd if we can improve offensively. After the Ravens game he was left in the middle ground; do we try to go all out now that we have the opportunity, or do we treat this season as an extended preseason and set up the offseason to be able to compete next year.

Whether its a new perspective (cancer) or simply taking advantage of the opportunity presented, he's saying we might as well try and win now, than sit back and be spectators as the East implodes.

Agree on Haskins. He needs to show over the remainder of the season he's willing to work to be what his physical attributes give him the potential to be. I hope he turns it around, but I fear the damage is already done.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 10:28 AM   #246
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Thought; did Alex Smith getting injured ruin Haskins? OK, maybe a little stretch, but consider what was likely in the event Smith didn't get hurt:

Keenum likely wouldn't have been here.
Smith would most likely still be the starter with a view to Haskins taking over maybe next year.
Haskins would have had at least 2 seasons behind and being mentored by Smith.
Haskins would have seen a fraction of the scrutiny and criticism he's had in less than a full season of play.

Maybe he was already broken when he came here, but we'll never know that. Maybe the results would have been the same if he'd held the clipboard for 2 full seasons instead of 1/2 of one (so far). But maybe he'd have come in next year in a much better situation than last year?
Old 10-08-2020, 11:00 AM   #247
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Thought; did Alex Smith getting injured ruin Haskins? OK, maybe a little stretch, but consider what was likely in the event Smith didn't get hurt:

Keenum likely wouldn't have been here.
Smith would most likely still be the starter with a view to Haskins taking over maybe next year.
Haskins would have had at least 2 seasons behind and being mentored by Smith.
Haskins would have seen a fraction of the scrutiny and criticism he's had in less than a full season of play.

Maybe he was already broken when he came here, but we'll never know that. Maybe the results would have been the same if he'd held the clipboard for 2 full seasons instead of 1/2 of one (so far). But maybe he'd have come in next year in a much better situation than last year?
If smith stayed in, maybe we don't get the 15th pick. He was our guy, based on his contract.
If ifs and whats were maybes and buts, we'd all be kings on candy mountain.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:24 AM   #248
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Baker went to a team that had lost 33 games out of 34 or some shit like that, he's been solid and looks like he's a legit starter.

Burrow = same situation, looks great so far.

Rosen = Same situation and sucks

Darnold = Just like Rosen, he's played poorly but not as bad as Rosen.

Haskins has had 11 games to show improvement and he hasn't.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:34 AM   #249
MTK
\m/

Haskins had 11 starts under 3 different head coaches. That's tough.
Old 10-08-2020, 12:36 PM   #250
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
It is for sure, Rosen hasn't had it any better though.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...ed-washington/
Old 10-08-2020, 01:05 PM   #251
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Yes, unlike Rosen who looked like a deer in the headlights from the off.

Rivera might see Haskins as a reclamation project that needs 1-2 seasons of training and something of a reality check. Or he sees him as a wasted pick and we'll know that next spring.
Old 10-08-2020, 01:18 PM   #252
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Yes, unlike Rosen who looked like a deer in the headlights from the off.

Rivera might see Haskins as a reclamation project that needs 1-2 seasons of training and something of a reality check. Or he sees him as a wasted pick and we'll know that next spring.
Given the leaks coming out I'm pretty sure Rivera is done with him
Old 10-08-2020, 01:18 PM   #253
MTK
\m/

I know some will scoff given the author, but it's hard to argue against much here

Dwayne Haskins benching: With no Washington advocates, young QB caught in vortex of organizational failure
Old 10-08-2020, 01:42 PM   #254
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
And if I'm correct only started 14 college games. He has little experience playing at a high level I'll give him time.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 01:43 PM   #255
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I know some will scoff given the author, but it's hard to argue against much here

Dwayne Haskins benching: With no Washington advocates, young QB caught in vortex of organizational failure
I agree with the jist of it, but I didn't even have to read the name to know it was some national writer with some petty horseshit grudge against us. I would have more respect for JLC if he would just do his job objectively without the bitterness he always has for DC.