Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Politics - At the end of the day...

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-22-2020, 02:00 PM   #1
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Politics - At the end of the day...

I genuinely like everyone here. Y'all are my online family. Probably spend more time here than any other site. Spend lots of days clicking refresh and waiting for an article thread to be bold, score, new comments.

Politics just has a way of drawing out arguments where where a lot of us say things that we otherwise wouldn't. Myself being at the top of this list.

At the end of they day, yes I'd prefer Trump over Biden, but my life won't drastically change either way. Same as when we went from Bush to Obama.

I don't think either side has all of our bests interests in mind. But media/politicians do a good job of getting us to fight each other. We practically don't discuss policies at all anymore. We basically fight about who/what sides are bigger pieces of shits. I don't want to step in shit of any size. It still gets in the threads of my shoe.

Things I care about the most:

1. Our excessive yearly deficits and crushing mounting debt.
2. Reducing the military industrial complex. Bring our boys and girls home and leave other countries alone.
3. Making American businesses competitive globally so we can have more high paying jobs here at home. Changes are needed in both the public and private sectors to make these changes.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-26-2020, 05:12 PM   #2
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Politics - At the end of the day...

Cheers SD, dont want to leave you hanging. it takes a certain amount of teflon to go into the political threads and battle it out .. then leave that baggage at the door when we talk on the football threads.

Youre a good guy.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:33 PM   #3
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Cheers to both of you guys, good points Sunny/SD.

Things I care about the most: Restoring the marginal tax rate to what it was during the post-WW2 economy boom. Or for the Bezos/Trumps of the world to be taxed at the rate I'm taxed at.

Not trying to start a fight SD but in regards to your first point, I have zero tolerance for what I know will be a Republican rallying cry if Biden wins. The right couldn't have given less of a shit about the debt when they control the executive and legislative branches.

In regards to your second point, I generally agree with the caveat that there will be times where we will be forced to intervene on behalf of the global good. No more ground troops/long ass wars that do nothing but take away dollars better spent elsewhere. The only winner of the Iraq/Afghanistan wars are the military contractors who got paid beaucoup dollars of the gov't's money.

On your third point - I have no expertise in this area so I will stay out. Don't ask me how we can better compete against the likes of China when China will never live up to the first-world standard.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:03 PM   #4
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Cheers to both of you guys, good points Sunny/SD.

Things I care about the most: Restoring the marginal tax rate to what it was during the post-WW2 economy boom. Or for the Bezos/Trumps of the world to be taxed at the rate I'm taxed at.

Not trying to start a fight SD but in regards to your first point, I have zero tolerance for what I know will be a Republican rallying cry if Biden wins. The right couldn't have given less of a shit about the debt when they control the executive and legislative branches.

In regards to your second point, I generally agree with the caveat that there will be times where we will be forced to intervene on behalf of the global good. No more ground troops/long ass wars that do nothing but take away dollars better spent elsewhere. The only winner of the Iraq/Afghanistan wars are the military contractors who got paid beaucoup dollars of the gov't's money.

On your third point - I have no expertise in this area so I will stay out. Don't ask me how we can better compete against the likes of China when China will never live up to the first-world standard.
You won't get any grief from me if you tell them to go fuck themselves if that happens. Both sides are part of the spending problem. It should be all of their jobs, but every year it's the same thing. When was the last time either side has even presented a balanced budget? The word "balanced" isn't even allowed to be said in DC.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:40 AM   #5
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
You won't get any grief from me if you tell them to go fuck themselves if that happens. Both sides are part of the spending problem. It should be all of their jobs, but every year it's the same thing. When was the last time either side has even presented a balanced budget? The word "balanced" isn't even allowed to be said in DC.
True but even more so I want to see term limits , for everyone!
Old 10-27-2020, 12:06 PM   #6
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I should have included this in my list. Unfortunately this will never happen. People love their power. I don't know anyone who votes, no matter how liberal or how conservative, that is against term limits. But somehow its never brought up by politicians on either side. Could've sworn they were supposed to represent their constituents.

Being a congressperson was never supposed to a lifetime job. We as voters also do a terrible job of just about always voting for the incumbent in our own parties. Need to vote in some new blood in the primaries more often.
Old 10-27-2020, 06:20 PM   #7
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I think we can all agree on this.