Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Wft vs niners prediction thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-09-2020, 02:51 PM   #31
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Wft vs niners prediction thread

What is Trent bitter about? He chose to leave, so fuck him!!

Kyle Shanahan on Trent Williams' excitement for Sunday, says he hasn't talked to him about it but "I think you guys probably know the answer to that."

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-09-2020, 02:54 PM   #32
SunnySide
Playmaker

This year we carried 3 qbs on the active roster bc of Alex Smith's situation. Thank goodness they carried Alex even though they probably thought he wouldnt see a snap.

Traditionally teams dont carry 3 qbs but looking at the league, seems like carrying 3 qbs is becoming more popular and the majority position.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/QB

^^ good easy to navigate website for roster and roster searches
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 02:56 PM   #33
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
What is Trent bitter about? He chose to leave, so fuck him!!

Kyle Shanahan on Trent Williams' excitement for Sunday, says he hasn't talked to him about it but "I think you guys probably know the answer to that."
I'll bet he is excited to play his former team, that is natural. His problem is Chase is a lot more athletic than Trent is at this point. It will be a battle, but I see Chase getting the better of him more often than not.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 03:41 PM   #34
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I'll bet he is excited to play his former team, that is natural. His problem is Chase is a lot more athletic than Trent is at this point. It will be a battle, but I see Chase getting the better of him more often than not.
I haven't watched trent play too closely this year but I've seen him shut down gret pass rushers, let alone our promising rookie. It will be a fun one to watch for sure but from experience I've seen Trent get the better of a lot of DEs and won't hold my breath for an amazing game rushing the passer from chase
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 04:00 PM   #35
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
I haven't watched trent play too closely this year but I've seen him shut down gret pass rushers, let alone our promising rookie. It will be a fun one to watch for sure but from experience I've seen Trent get the better of a lot of DEs and won't hold my breath for an amazing game rushing the passer from chase
Like I said, it will be a battle. I'm not expecting an amazing game from Chase, but I don't expect that Trent will handle him all day by himself either. Chase will get his, and he will free up other guys to get theirs as well.
Old 12-09-2020, 04:01 PM   #36
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOGq...ature=youtu.be

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/n...line/page1542/

----------------

9ers O line might be having some issues. Their fans think they arent good at pass pro. One of their posters made a video of the O line breakdowns in pass pro (top link)

This team is hard to figure what we are getting. Are we getting the 1-4 team over the past 5 games or the team that beat the Rams 2 weeks ago?

Backup QB Mullens seems to have some good games and bad games. 26-39, 316 yds, 3 td 2 ints vs a very solid Bills D. They were down 27-10 in the 2Q so how much of the 316 was gimme underneath stuff vs a soft D?

Seems they dont have an elite outside pass rush/edge play

+3 skins line ...

I really dont know what to expect, feels like a toss up
------------

Javon Leake - former terp, bigger frame RB w decent speed. loved watching him in College park. so many former terp running backs in the league (ty johnson, leake, mcfarland)

---------------

9ers LB Fred Warner ... playing at a very high level. He scares me

CB Jason Verrett is playing at a pro bowl to all pro level, I thought he was injured but apparently not
Watching that link TW seemed to be the only OL on their team that held his own, but he also was just not attacked very much. Looked like the center of their line gave up pressure. Also, in one of their forum posts it showed SF had given up 81 qb hits (WFT 78) thru week 12, tied for 4th worst in NFL. Would be surprised if our DL could not find ways to attack and end up with another multi-sack game.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 04:22 PM   #37
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
I watch him every week, he looks the same as ever. Nothing is changed, still dominating. They are on their 3rd string center.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-09-2020, 04:39 PM   #38
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Watching that link TW seemed to be the only OL on their team that held his own, but he also was just not attacked very much. Looked like the center of their line gave up pressure. Also, in one of their forum posts it showed SF had given up 81 qb hits (WFT 78) thru week 12, tied for 4th worst in NFL. Would be surprised if our DL could not find ways to attack and end up with another multi-sack game.
Yup I noticed the same thing -- Trent had to actively look for guys to block while his linemates were getting swarmed. That poster w QB hits total was interesting to see.

We should be able to get to Mullens but Shanny is a smart coach.

Our LBs are going to be tested. Seems like 9ers O line is good at run blocking and 9ers have a trio of good backs.

For once in a long time, Im actually interested to see how our D coach approaches this game. Having a Landon Collins type to drop in the box would be nice. Maybe make Curl your 3rd DB and go heavy nickel like we did before Collins injury?
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 05:11 PM   #39
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I’m giving Love 1 more year, if you saw what he did at Stanford you would be a fool not to.
i saw what he did and it was several years ago. if it was going to happen for the guy then this was the year. time to move on. we 3 guys that are more than capable.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 05:24 PM   #40
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
i saw what he did and it was several years ago. if it was going to happen for the guy then this was the year. time to move on. we 3 guys that are more than capable.
He was great in college up until his injury. But man that injury was over two years ago. The Redskins took a gamble on him knowing he may miss the entire 2019 season, but now he has missed the 2020 season, and what's next? He came back to practice in November for like a week, and then back to the IR. After Alex Smith, it's hard to count anyone out, but it's not looking good for this kid. Signs are pointing to him never being the same guy. I don't remember it taking 2+ years for anyone to come back from a torn ACL. Was there other significant damage to the knee, or follow-on injuries?
Old 12-09-2020, 05:37 PM   #41
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
He was great in college up until his injury. But man that injury was over two years ago. The Redskins took a gamble on him knowing he may miss the entire 2019 season, but now he has missed the 2020 season, and what's next? He came back to practice in November for like a week, and then back to the IR. After Alex Smith, it's hard to count anyone out, but it's not looking good for this kid. Signs are pointing to him never being the same guy. I don't remember it taking 2+ years for anyone to come back from a torn ACL. Was there other significant damage to the knee, or follow-on injuries?
There is no harm in waiting one more year in my opinion. You keep the same RB’s with the exception of Barber who you replace through the draft, you would still have 3 RB’s and Love would be the added bonus if he recovers.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-09-2020, 05:42 PM   #42
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
There is no harm in waiting one more year in my opinion. You keep the same RB’s with the exception of Barber who you replace through the draft, you would still have 3 RB’s and Love would be the added bonus if he recovers.
Yeah, I don't see them moving on from him yet, but I wouldn't count on him either. It's just an odd situation.
Old 12-10-2020, 02:11 AM   #43
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Chase Young is an animal, he makes this D so much better, it also helps to have guys like Sweat, Kerrigan, Allen, Payne, etc.

Great breakdown, I feel exactly as what my man describes in this video.

https://youtu.be/ww-PH_TblLc

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-10-2020, 07:52 AM   #44
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

I dont know what Barbers salary situation is but when Gibson is rolling I like Barber as a third and short, change of pace type guy. He just can’t be the main guy. That being said it is certainly not imperative they keep him.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 10:11 AM   #45
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Kyle is full of shit, I still believe this asshole called TW and asked him to tell the Redskins he wanted to be traded. Kyle convinced him to join a team that had been in the SB. It’s all speculation on my part but I’m sure it went down that way knowing that Staley was retiring.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...yFUTzDcCY6HNHA

Purveyor of fine Filth

Last edited by SFREDSKIN; 12-10-2020 at 10:52 AM.