Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

WFT Quarterback Thread - Post SEASON 2021

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-03-2021, 02:07 PM   #796
MTK
\m/

Re: WFT Quarterback Thread - Post SEASON 2021

Odds are not predictions in the true sense.

Advertisements
Old 02-03-2021, 02:22 PM   #797
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Maybe but Vegas doesn't make stupid mistakes the betting public does. They know where money will go.
I disagree , they think they can make the betting public do what it is they want them to do.
Old 02-03-2021, 02:24 PM   #798
GridIron26
Playmaker

Rivera said that the team is not going to force themselves to find a QB this offseason, which is a relief to me. Yes we now have an opportunity to become a team that has great opportunity to enter playoffs and possibly SB but we need to be careful to not mortgage our future for a short-term goal.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 02:25 PM   #799
MTK
\m/

I think Ron has shown he likes to be aggressive but he also has a limit. They went big on Stafford and Cooper but ended up losing out once the stakes got too high. I'm perfectly fine with that approach.
Old 02-03-2021, 02:45 PM   #800
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Rivera said that the team is not going to force themselves to find a QB this offseason, which is a relief to me. Yes we now have an opportunity to become a team that has great opportunity to enter playoffs and possibly SB but we need to be careful to not mortgage our future for a short-term goal.
Good to hear

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 03:56 PM   #801
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I think Ron has shown he likes to be aggressive but he also has a limit. They went big on Stafford and Cooper but ended up losing out once the stakes got too high. I'm perfectly fine with that approach.
Yea...I'd say its nice to have a team that doesn't reach and pay way over what they should...
I don't go into the strip club and throw all my money at the first girl that shows me attention. I wait for the second one.
Old 02-03-2021, 04:06 PM   #802
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
Yea...I'd say its nice to have a team that doesn't reach and pay way over what they should...
I don't go into the strip club and throw all my money at the first girl that shows me attention. I wait for the second one.
Ah, the ol' second stripper strategy.

In all seriousness, it sounds like we need to get used to having the team being run by football people, who are willing to swing for a big move, but know when to pull back when the price is getting unreasonable.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 04:16 PM   #803
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Ah, the ol' second stripper strategy.

In all seriousness, it sounds like we need to get used to having the team being run by football people, who are willing to swing for a big move, but know when to pull back when the price is getting unreasonable.
I can honestly say that it feels nice to have the team run by, seemingly, competent people. The next draft and free agency should really tell us a lot about where our FO is as an organization. Really hoping that its not just lipstick on the same ol' pig.
Old 02-03-2021, 05:10 PM   #804
skinsfan69
Living Legend

ron simply isn't going to do stupid ass RG3 type of trades. GOOD!
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 07:22 PM   #805
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Sam Darnold intrigues me only because Adam Gase sucks donkey balls. The kid has talent, and could probably be had pretty cheap, as the new regime takes over the Jetties.

I'd also take Teddy Bridgewater, who won in Minnesota before his crazy knee injury, and won 5 games for the Saints when Brees went down.

I wouldn't break the bank to get either (or really anyone else) at this point, but I also think those guys have serious upside potential.

But it feels like we have grown ups in charge now, so we'll see what they do.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:38 PM   #806
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

i, honestly, think just about anyone is an upgrade over our current situation. I love the alex smith story, but hes not going to be reliable, and lacks the mobility that he once had. I hope he retires...not just for the team, but to ensure he doesnt have some sort of terrible injury. I know he can already tell when its going to rain from the pains in his joints. I shattered my femur into 15 pieces and broke my hip...so i know the lingering effects of a crazy injury, and im absolutely not an athlete in any sense of the word.
I want to see what heineken can do, but i question his durability. hopefully he gets a shot in camp. maybe hes the dude, maybe hes a journeyman. only time will tell.
see above for kyle allen as well.
draft will be a long shot, but i hope we take someone and try to groom them. no idea who. hopefully no crazy blockbuster trades to move up. we are cutting our nose to spite our own face then as we have a lot of other holes to fill (giggity)
i think carr, or darnold, or that tier of qb will be a great improvement over a bunch of injury prone guys, and a 2nd year qb that doesnt give a shit about anything but clout. so its exciting to see whatever direction the FO decides to go.
Old 02-04-2021, 05:17 AM   #807
Scalper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
Sam Darnold intrigues me only because Adam Gase sucks donkey balls. The kid has talent, and could probably be had pretty cheap, as the new regime takes over the Jetties.

I'd also take Teddy Bridgewater, who won in Minnesota before his crazy knee injury, and won 5 games for the Saints when Brees went down.

I wouldn't break the bank to get either (or really anyone else) at this point, but I also think those guys have serious upside potential.

But it feels like we have grown ups in charge now, so we'll see what they do.
We almost certainly would have upped our bid, but Stafford wanted to go to Rams. We were perfectly willing to mortgage the future, but the Rams outbid us. Thus the restraint everyone sees was non-extant. Not that I think RR is a complete dunce like Snyder or Cerrato.
Scalper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:18 AM   #808
Scalper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Seeing a lot of reports that the Raiders want 2 First-Round picks for Carr.

No way.
Media bait.
Old 02-04-2021, 05:20 AM   #809
Scalper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
How would Kirk have done without RGIII in front of him, would not sitting have hurt or helped him?
Better, but he's never going to win SB. He just can't drive the ball downfield with accuracy consistently, and is horrible when asked to improvise, and checks down way too much. I have friends who are Vikes fans, I laughed and warned them when they were excited about Cousins. Yet a guy like Cousins is just as good as most of the guys everyone is talking about trading the farm for. He'll get you to playoffs every year but never further. There's QBs like that available in 4th round every year.
Old 02-04-2021, 05:27 AM   #810
Scalper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
We drafted KC as an afterthought and he is still a divisive topic. But the vikings after 3 years with KC finished with the same record as us with 4 qb's.

But let's play out the draft a qb scenario:
So we draft a qb or two this year. We give him 3 years. Meanwhile our awesome dline gets older and we let 2 go due to contract. And at the end of 3 years we realize we still suck at selecting qbs and have zero to show for our dline.

That is as likely a scenario as our FO hitting on a qb not picked in the top10. And if we are trading to get into the top 10, I am just as content trading for a qb with known NFL ability that our coaching staff thinks they can succeed with.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
No team is going to let a true franchise QB go. EVER. Why is this so hard for everyone to understand? In the entire salary cap era, almost a quarter century, the only franchise QB to hit free agency anywhere near his prime was Brees, and he was a huge injury risk at the time.

If your GM can't find a franchise QB in draft, find a new GM.
DL older fallacious argument. We have holes everywhere else.
There's only one way you get a long-term franchise QB: you draft him.
The only QBs available for trade (spare the Watson BS he isn't going anywhere and isn't worth what he would cost if he was) are NOT franchise QBs. If they were, they would NOT be available for trade, period, EVER.
If it takes 3 years it takes 3 years, can all the Homers please stop with the DL makes us contenders fallacy. I love our DL, we are at least 6 stud players from being a contender, so mortgaging future to get a non-franchise QB actually screws us completely long term.

THERE IS NO FRANCHISE QB AVAILABLE FOR TRADE.
YOU WANT ONE, YOU HAVE TO DRAFT HIM.
EVERYONE NEEDS TO STOP BEING SCAREDY CATS ABOUT DRAFTING A QB AND EMBRACE THE LONG ROAD TO GETTING A TRUE FRANCHISE QB.
Reading this board, its like Vinny Cerrato has been cloned.