Chargers at WFT GameDay thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-12-2021, 06:51 PM   #481
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Chargers at WFT GameDay thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
No because Taylor got hurt after 1 start last yr and Allen was also Injured, if TH goes down next week, then what? Bring Cam in as insurance and lets be honest he's prob better than Fitz
Let's see what Fitz has. 2nd let's see what Heinicke and Allen have. Last let's not bring in another old qb, if we go through these 3 then we just draft a qb like we could have done this year.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-12-2021, 06:53 PM   #482
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
No because Taylor got hurt after 1 start last yr and Allen was also Injured, if TH goes down next week, then what? Bring Cam in as insurance and lets be honest he's prob better than Fitz
I mean yeah, if every single current qb on our roster gets injured and you have to bring in a qb off the street - then sure I'd bring Newton in.

But your post made it sound like you'd rather bring in Newton than have to rely on Heinicke for any length of time if Fitz has to miss weeks.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:32 PM   #483
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I mean yeah, if every single current qb on our roster gets injured and you have to bring in a qb off the street - then sure I'd bring Newton in.

But your post made it sound like you'd rather bring in Newton than have to rely on Heinicke for any length of time if Fitz has to miss weeks.
No I mean if Fits is legit out for weeks , we need an insurance policy
Old 09-12-2021, 07:39 PM   #484
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
No I mean if Fits is legit out for weeks , we need an insurance policy
Still no.

Old 09-12-2021, 07:47 PM   #485
oldfan
Camp Scrub

I think that Fitz demonstrated today why he has been released by so many teams. The team looked like it was loafing when he was in there. IMO there was a definite change in hustle with Heinicke in there.
oldfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 08:03 PM   #486
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
I think that Fitz demonstrated today why he has been released by so many teams. The team looked like it was loafing when he was in there. IMO there was a definite change in hustle with Heinicke in there.
Heinicke needs to be given a shot at this point.

Old 09-12-2021, 08:07 PM   #487
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
on a scale of 1-10 how disappointed are you right now?
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 08:15 PM   #488
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
I'm disappointed that we as fans haven't learned anything from previous years.

There is a tradition around here during the offseason and then preseason. We make moves in the draft and FA - we get hyped. If preseason doesn't go terribly we get excited and start fantasizing about how great we can be. Sometimes - like this year - the media will start hopping on our jock - in this case about best d-line in football and then subconsciously we start believing it "well, if the national media is saying it must be true."

And then the first game starts and somewhere in the first quarter we come crashing back to reality and realize potential does not equal production. And then we lose and realize this team still has a long way to go to compete with the best teams in the NFL.
Old 09-12-2021, 11:13 PM   #489
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

There is a tradition around here during the offseason and then preseason. We make moves in the draft and FA - we get hyped. If preseason doesn't go terribly we get excited and start fantasizing about how great we can be. Sometimes - like this year - the media will start hopping on our jock - in this case about best d-line in football and then subconsciously we start believing it "well, if the national media is saying it must be true."

And then the first game starts and somewhere in the first quarter we come crashing back to reality and realize potential does not equal production. And then we lose and realize this team still has a long way to go to compete with the best teams in the NFL.

Even guys in ESPN said “Fitzmagic can take this team to the Nfc title game”

Then…. being a Skins fan hits us right in the balls again as he goes down with a broke hip because his ass is old as fuck and we are back to playing QB2 for multiple weeks because we bet the bank on Fitz.. unreal.
Old 09-13-2021, 05:57 AM   #490
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Even guys in ESPN said “Fitzmagic can take this team to the Nfc title game”

Then…. being a Skins fan hits us right in the balls again as he goes down with a broke hip because his ass is old as fuck and we are back to playing QB2 for multiple weeks because we bet the bank on Fitz.. unreal.
LOL. facts.

Fitz himself said this is the third time he's been injured in his 17 years in the NFL. That's great and all but you're playing the long odds betting that a 37+ y/o qb will be able to stay healthy over the course of the season.

Also on the best d-line in football - Nothing clears that bandwagon faster than the opposing team waltzing down the field unopposed for a td on the first drive of the game.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:58 AM   #491
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I'm disappointed that we as fans have zero patience. We lose a close first game of the season to a very good team, and suddenly the d-line sucks, the linebackers suck, the O-line sucks, the QB sucks, the coaching sucks, the offseason moves sucked, if we had Moreland and Moses - somehow the outcome could have been different...

My assessment - the talent is there on both sides of the ball, but the offensive coordinator is just not good. We have 21 regular, post, and preseason games with him calling the plays and one opening drive TD. That's a large enough sample size for me.

You can't continually lose the time of possession battle with a 2-1 ratio and expect the defense to hold up. If you are losing the time of possession battle 2-1, it better be because you are putting together quick scoring drives. That is not the case here. The offense can rarely sustain a drive.

NINE possessions yesterday - 3 punts, 4 field goal attempts, 1 turnover, and 1 lone touchdown.

It was a very winnable game, but you're not going to win a lot of games in the NFL with 16 points.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:05 AM   #492
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I'm disappointed that we as fans have zero patience. We lose a close first game of the season to a very good team, and suddenly the d-line sucks, the linebackers suck, the O-line sucks, the QB sucks, the coaching sucks, the offseason moves sucked, if we had Moreland and Moses - somehow the outcome could have been different...

My assessment - the talent is there on both sides of the ball, but the offensive coordinator is just not good. We have 21 regular, post, and preseason games with him calling the plays and one opening drive TD. That's a large enough sample size for me.

You can't continually lose the time of possession battle with a 2-1 ratio and expect the defense to hold up. If you are losing the time of possession battle 2-1, it better be because you are putting together quick scoring drives. That is not the case here. The offense can rarely sustain a drive.

NINE possessions yesterday - 3 punts, 4 field goal attempts, 1 turnover, and 1 lone touchdown.

It was a very winnable game, but you're not going to win a lot of games in the NFL with 16 points.
i say QB play and O coordinator.
Old 09-13-2021, 09:07 AM   #493
mredskins
MVP

Quote:

I say this every August about the hype. Its like a balloon in my mind that gets burst on week one.

BOW! There goes the hype balloon.
Old 09-13-2021, 09:44 AM   #494
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I'm amazed at how much Gibson is getting somewhat of a pass for his red zone fumble. IMO that was a big turning point in the game. The momentum the team had after the Logan TD, had already taken a hit with the missed 51-yd field goal (that drive also had some boneheaded mistakes), and WJ3's pick was huge.

Last year's team would probably have gotten blown out of the water by the Chargers (see last year's game against AZ). The defense play bad against a good offense and they only gave up 20 points (13 in reality but whatever); and yes, they have to play better. The offense can't make these stupid mistakes, and I hope they get their act together for Thursday.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:48 AM   #495
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I'm amazed at how much Gibson is getting somewhat of a pass for his red zone fumble. IMO that was a big turning point in the game. The momentum the team had after the Logan TD, had already taken a hit with the missed 51-yd field goal (that drive also had some boneheaded mistakes), and WJ3's pick was huge.

Last year's team would probably have gotten blown out of the water by the Chargers (see last year's game against AZ). The defense play bad against a good offense and they only gave up 20 points (13 in reality but whatever); and yes, they have to play better. The offense can't make these stupid mistakes, and I hope they get their act together for Thursday.
The fumble was a killer no doubt. Felt like that took all the wind out of our sails. Huge turning point.