In the Hole - Post Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-13-2021, 07:55 AM   #76
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: In the Hole - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
We will not know that until we know exactly where we are drafting and who is available if he is there. Again if there is some stud that plays S or ILB or Corner or LT - and Pickett say has an awful combine you might change your mind. Plus will there be some free agent qb?
If we make the playoffs we will be drafting around 18 ish, I'd imagine a guy like Ridder would still be there. Pickett prob not..

Advertisements
Old 12-13-2021, 08:01 AM   #77
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
If we make the playoffs we will be drafting around 18 ish, I'd imagine a guy like Ridder would still be there. Pickett prob not..

Exactly. we could lose out, or we could get in and sneak a win? Who knows right now. Way too early to speculate on available draft picks unless you are Detroit.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 08:04 AM   #78
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Exactly. we could lose out, or we could get in and sneak a win? Who knows right now. Way too early to speculate on available draft picks unless you are Detroit.
Yeah I'm not too worried about it... We need a QB and will get one somehow.
Old 12-13-2021, 08:44 AM   #79
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If I'm a Dallas fan, I'm worried about my 40M QB.. Dak has been bad for about 4-5 weeks now and they continue to talk about his leg.. He should have had 4 picks yesterday if Davis and Fuller had hands.. With all of his weapons and great OL vs a bunch of backups on our DL... Not impressed with that Cowboys O
Old 12-13-2021, 09:25 AM   #80
GridIron26
Playmaker

I wonder why we haven't played Sims that much this year? Sims often make plays whenever he has the opportunity, which is something we cannot say the same for Samuels and Brown. Sims should have been #2 WR.

The game yesterday was ugly, although I have to credit the team for not giving up until the end. It would have been easy for the team to give up early in the game but they fought until the end. It will be interesting to see how the team will perform this Sunday.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:29 AM   #81
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
If I'm a Dallas fan, I'm worried about my 40M QB.. Dak has been bad for about 4-5 weeks now and they continue to talk about his leg.. He should have had 4 picks yesterday if Davis and Fuller had hands.. With all of his weapons and great OL vs a bunch of backups on our DL... Not impressed with that Cowboys O

They scored one damn touchdown and it was off a turnover and started at our 41. And there was the whole acceptance of the penalty (which could have been declined leaving them at 3rd and 5). Obviously hindsight but point is they had one td and it was off a turnover on our side of the field and still was far from easy.
Not impressed at all. We make half the mistakes we made and we win. I would say it sucks to go to Dallas for next game but we might as well have been there yesterday! Thanks Dan. You idiot.
Old 12-13-2021, 09:35 AM   #82
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Yep Dan is the POS that got us to this point. Can’t have respect until it’s earned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2021, 09:36 AM   #83
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
We will not know that until we know exactly where we are drafting and who is available if he is there. Again if there is some stud that plays S or ILB or Corner or LT - and Pickett say has an awful combine you might change your mind. Plus will there be some free agent qb?
Combine means 0 to me. The guy has several years of game tape. Not saying he is the guy that should be taken if he is there, I was just using him as an example since he will be one of the top guys.

Free agent is obviously a possibility but who is going to want to come here? Just seeing how Ron and co operate they aren't going to give up a ton of draft capital - so that leaves the draft.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:37 AM   #84
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
To me Ridder is simply not a first round guy. He is a 3rd or 4th round guy.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:51 AM   #85
MTK
\m/

Silver lining: we fought back in the 2nd half and were a dropped pass from Carter from possibly tying up the game.

The mounting injuries are a big concern now going forward. It's gut check time against Philly.
Old 12-13-2021, 10:08 AM   #86
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
To me Ridder is simply not a first round guy. He is a 3rd or 4th round guy.
His completion percentage has me concerned. That won't improve going pro. I would take a flier on him in second though
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 10:09 AM   #87
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

If both teams are 100%, I'm pretty confident WFT wins that game. Unfortunately, this time of year no one is 100%. The mounting injuries are a definite concern.

Funny seeing D Lawrence and other Cowturd players talking it up after the game. I'll give it to them that they took care of business - beat a Division rival on the road, backing up their "guarantee", but there's no way they can really feel all that good about that win right? I mean, I'm actually not going to be surprised if the Giants beat them next week...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 10:18 AM   #88
SunnySide
Playmaker

Wheels came off early and often.

Offense needs 1st downs to be successful and stay on schedule. We ran the ball on 1st downs but ended up with lots no gains to 2 yards. 2nd down would be an incomplete pass. Setting up 3rd and longs. Known pass plays where defense pass rush can pin the ears back and secondary can play the sticks aggressively.

Our opening drives ended on long 3rd downs:

1st drive (4 plays) - 3rd and 13 (punt)
2nd drive (3 plays) - 3rd and 10 (gregory int to td .. score is 0-11)
3rd drive (6 plays) - 3rd and 7, went for it on 4th and 2 = Parsons sack fumble to td. core 0-18)

4th drive (4 plays) - 3rd and 8 (punt)
5th drive (3 plays) - 3d and 6 (punt)
6th drive (5 plays) - 3rd and 15 (punt)
7th drive (1 play) - kneel down to end the half

-------------------------

7 drives in the first half (bc the boys had 2 defensive TDs so we get ball right back)

Our paper cut offense stalls if we dont get to 3rd and shorts. Or a penalty happens.

No margin for error.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 10:19 AM   #89
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Combine means 0 to me. The guy has several years of game tape. Not saying he is the guy that should be taken if he is there, I was just using him as an example since he will be one of the top guys.

Free agent is obviously a possibility but who is going to want to come here? Just seeing how Ron and co operate they aren't going to give up a ton of draft capital - so that leaves the draft.

Ive been watching Pickett for years. Im a Miami guy so I watch alot of ACC games. I think he is very good. Maybe better than we think since Pitt is not exactly Bama.

That being said I just want to see exactly how he grades out, and not just take a qb because there is one there.
Old 12-13-2021, 10:19 AM   #90
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Silver lining: we fought back in the 2nd half and were a dropped pass from Carter from possibly tying up the game.

The mounting injuries are a big concern now going forward. It's gut check time against Philly.

Code Red?