2022 veteran QB options

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-09-2022, 09:48 AM   #391
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: 2022 veteran QB options

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Love looked terrible in limited action last year. Definitely wouldn't give up anything better than a 5th for him. I'd rather go with a more established vet like Winston or Mariota.
Fingers and toes crossed that we go for the veteran/draft pick combo. No picks given up for any current realistic veteran option.

We need it.

Vet/Rookie/Heinicke or Allen

This is what I hope we have heading into training camp.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-09-2022, 09:49 AM   #392
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He did look bad but it was half of a game? Mitch played for 2 seasons and didn't show anything.. I'd take Winston over both but who is to say the Saints won't re-sign him? Or that he would even come to WSH
He played in 6 games, started 1, and did nothing to impress. Not saying case is closed on him, but he didn't look good at all

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../gamelog/2021/
Old 03-09-2022, 09:52 AM   #393
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
He played in 6 games, started 1, and did nothing to impress. Not saying case is closed on him, but he didn't look good at all

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../gamelog/2021/
Definitely can't give up more than a ham sandwich for him. He is now halfway through his contract too. So even if it worked out somewhat, you would have to make a decision on a fat contract too soon.

I'd pass on Love.
Old 03-09-2022, 09:57 AM   #394
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
He’s played one game in 3 years backing up Rogers. He would be better than anything coming out of the draft and has 3’years experience. I would offer a 4th or 3rd.

He “might” be better than anything coming out of this years draft. Just because he is backing up Rodgers doesn’t mean he should or would be starting anywhere else. I mean he went 28th in the draft. Who knows. Id give up a fourth for him though.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 09:57 AM   #395
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
It wasn't necessarily JP, but Mitch (who I like) said something along the lines of "we have Heinecke who could be traded" in response to Denver trading Lock. They've been building up the potential disappointment of not getting Wilson, and I get that they are fans too, but they more or less dismissed the notion that Seattle wasn't trading Wilson to an NFC team.

There are reports from credible folks that Seattle was not going to trade Russ to an NFC team. And this is reinforced by the fact that Philly was in the hunt and they have 3 first rounders this year, even two of them is a better offer than what Denver offered in terms of picks.

Any reporter that keeps banging the "Russ didn't pick us" is just looking for clicks and rile up the fan base IMO.
Had to stop listening to that podcast a while ago, back when the pandemic first hit and the audio quality was always so terrible, like JP was calling in from a 3rd world country on a flip phone. Their schtick is somewhat amusing, but their analysis doesn't offer much IMO. Likable guys but I just got tired of that pod.
Old 03-09-2022, 09:59 AM   #396
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Definitely can't give up more than a ham sandwich for him. He is now halfway through his contract too. So even if it worked out somewhat, you would have to make a decision on a fat contract too soon.

I'd pass on Love.

This is a good point. He is gonna be coming up on a contract year. Yeah pass. I aint giving up crap for Love.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 10:07 AM   #397
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
This is a good point. He is gonna be coming up on a contract year. Yeah pass. I aint giving up crap for Love.
I'm like a broken clock, I am right about twice per day (wrong all the other times).

Love didn't make sense to me when GB picked him, and he doesn't make sense for us now imo.

Definite pass for me.
Old 03-09-2022, 10:45 AM   #398
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He did look bad but it was half of a game? Mitch played for 2 seasons and didn't show anything.. I'd take Winston over both but who is to say the Saints won't re-sign him? Or that he would even come to WSH
That is simply incorrect. He didn't have a lot of experience coming out of college, but he has all the tools, a decisively winning record as a starter, and two playoff appearances in the NFL. And no, it wasn't only the Bears defense that provided that success. Yes, that played a part, but just like almost every other QB that has success - it is partially because of the team around him.

Honestly, I'd be fine with Winston or Trubisky since we are on to sloppy seconds...but I would prefer MT between the two.

No to Love.

No to Garappolo.

No to Watson (unless he's miraculously cleared - but you can't wait for that...)

No to trading up in the draft.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 10:58 AM   #399
SunnySide
Playmaker

Last offseason we signed Fitz before the draft. Who knows if we would have traded up for Mac Jones when he dropped if we hadnt done that.

FA starts March 16, draft April 28.

I wish it was switched and we got to see the drat play out first to see if Willis or some we like is there and then have FA after.

I would guess if we sign a Trubisky or Winston, wed still take a QB at 11 if we liked them.

edit ..

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...chell-trubisky

Vagiants rumored to make a run at Trubisky .. Id take Daniel Jones for a conditional 5th, 3rd if he starts 12 or more games.

Last edited by SunnySide; 03-09-2022 at 11:20 AM.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 11:24 AM   #400
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

When LaFleur was asked why risk injury to Rodgers toe and not play Love late in the season to get a better look he said I have seen enough of him playing. That is a pretty sound indictment to me.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:44 AM   #401
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Last offseason we signed Fitz before the draft. Who knows if we would have traded up for Mac Jones when he dropped if we hadnt done that.

FA starts March 16, draft April 28.

I wish it was switched and we got to see the drat play out first to see if Willis or some we like is there and then have FA after.

I would guess if we sign a Trubisky or Winston, wed still take a QB at 11 if we liked them.

edit ..

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...chell-trubisky

Vagiants rumored to make a run at Trubisky .. Id take Daniel Jones for a conditional 5th, 3rd if he starts 12 or more games.
Brain Daboll loves Mitch, that will happen.

Also I agree, the draft should be before FA
Old 03-09-2022, 11:48 AM   #402
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
When LaFleur was asked why risk injury to Rodgers toe and not play Love late in the season to get a better look he said I have seen enough of him playing. That is a pretty sound indictment to me.
Jordan Love is not good, only thing that put him on the map was Packers reaching for him with a 1st and Rogers getting mad it wasn't spent on a WR.

Overall bad pick by GB lets not reward their mistake by giving them anything for him.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:56 AM   #403
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Fingers and toes crossed that we go for the veteran/draft pick combo. No picks given up for any current realistic veteran option.

We need it.

Vet/Rookie/Heinicke or Allen

This is what I hope we have heading into training camp.
This may end up being the smart way to address the QB position as long as our bridge QB comes to us as a FA. I think we may need need to move up from #11 to get the rookie QB we want. The so-called experts seem to be undervaluing the current QB crop as well as neglecting to apply the appropriate draft premium to the QB position when doing their mock drafts.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 12:11 PM   #404
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
This may end up being the smart way to address the QB position as long as our bridge QB comes to us as a FA. I think we may need need to move up from #11 to get the rookie QB we want. The so-called experts seem to be undervaluing the current QB crop as well as neglecting to apply the appropriate draft premium to the QB position when doing their mock drafts.
Agreed.

I will be happy if we get a QB in the 1st by any means necessary. Up, standing still, down, don't care, just get someone.

Let's just take another swing.
Old 03-09-2022, 12:17 PM   #405
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I'm not sure I agree with your logic here.

The one thing we know for sure is he isn't as good as Rodgers, no one is right now.
Rodgers is the franchise. What do you need to see from Love?

If he sucks, get rid of him. You got Rodgers, you don't need to keep Love around and it would boost Rodgers delicate ego.

If Love lights it up, then you raise his value and you put out game film.
Also, Pussy ass bitch Rodgers goes full Karen on one of his podcasts.

If you have a good backup to a superstar QB, you try to keep him locked away just in case.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote