AROUND THE NFL WEEK 7

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-25-2022, 10:26 AM   #61
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Re: AROUND THE NFL WEEK 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Belichick is a good coach, but he ain’t shit without TB.
I am really surprised at the drop off honestly. Last night was a good example. Losing by double digits at home to Chicago on MNF. Realize the Bears are improved, but last night was one I though the Pats would get.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-25-2022, 10:50 AM   #62
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

It just goes to show you how critical it is to have a QB
Old 10-25-2022, 11:10 AM   #63
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCommandersfan99 View Post
Wow. Makes me appreciate our victory and defense a bit more after seeing this. Our defense has been playing better than the beginning of the year. Would love to see Chase Young soon healthy.
Our defense seems to be really playing well. Sitting William Jackson and having St Juste play in his more natural position at boundary corner is looking like the right move.

Also, Holcomb has stepped his game up as well as Davis.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 12:26 PM   #64
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Our defense seems to be really playing well. Sitting William Jackson and having St Juste play in his more natural position at boundary corner is looking like the right move.

Also, Holcomb has stepped his game up as well as Davis.
Yes agree on all accounts. A healthy, dominant Chase Young could really take it to the next level.
Old 10-25-2022, 01:17 PM   #65
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCommandersfan99 View Post
Yes agree on all accounts. A healthy, dominant Chase Young could really take it to the next level.
The one thing I'm nervous about is CY99 trying to do his own thing in the pass rush - that was a big thing with them last year and everyone trying to do their own thing.

This year they seem to have a better idea of what gaps to play to close the pocket - last year we saw CY99 leaving wide gaps for the qb to step up in while he rushed to the outside of the tackle. Hope when he comes back he has better cohesion with the rest of the unit.
Old 10-25-2022, 01:21 PM   #66
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
The one thing I'm nervous about is CY99 trying to do his own thing in the pass rush - that was a big thing with them last year and everyone trying to do their own thing.

This year they seem to have a better idea of what gaps to play to close the pocket - last year we saw CY99 leaving wide gaps for the qb to step up in while he rushed to the outside of the tackle. Hope when he comes back he has better cohesion with the rest of the unit.
I have the same concern, although I'm hoping that since he had to watch games from the sideline, he would realize how the defense plays better when everyone do their job as assigned. We will see..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 01:29 PM   #67
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Who do you think is? I think he is very good too. You give any other current coach Mac Jones or Bailey Zappe and they are not nearly as successful. Only other coaches I think could take those two and squeeze some juice are Shanny and McVeigh
I think Belichick the GM hasn't been that good. Zappe and Mac Jones? The game has changed and you have to have an elite athlete at QB nowadays that can make plays w/ his legs. If you don't then you need an elite team around your QB. Justin Fields was the best player on the field. His passing is still a work in progress but he crushed NE w/ his runs. Never felt Mac Jones is going to take them anywhere. Good player but he is a JAG.

Belichick hasn't adjusted his offense for the league as it is today. On top of that he has his former DC and a special teams coach running his offense? And they also have a tough time developing wr's.

Hoody has to roll up his sleeves after getting his ass beat last night. Brady ain't there to bail him out.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 01:33 PM   #68
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

It's a valid concern. Is he going to come back with something to prove personally - and not be a complementary player, or is he going to come back and play within the system and just do his job? Hopefully they will ease him in and give him the opportunity to prove that he will not be a freelancing liability. I am not sure I want him to automatically be given the lion's share of reps at that position.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 02:29 PM   #69
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

NFL Teams have expressed interest in trading for #Commanders DT Daron Payne.

The 6'3, 320 pound former 1st round pick from Alabama has 18 career sacks and people with knowledge of the market believe he could net a 2023 2nd Day Draft pick, according to
@BenStandig
Old 10-25-2022, 02:44 PM   #70
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

The 6'3, 320 pound former 1st round pick from Alabama has 18 career sacks and people with knowledge of the market believe he could net a 2023 2nd Day Draft pick, according to
@BenStandig
I have mixed feelings about this. Payne has been playing pretty well this year so it would be a big loss if we trade him away. If the team has no plans to resign him then yes we definitely should trade him, but if we will attempt to sign then keep him and make efforts to resign him toward ending of the season.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 03:24 PM   #71
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
It's a valid concern. Is he going to come back with something to prove personally - and not be a complementary player, or is he going to come back and play within the system and just do his job? Hopefully they will ease him in and give him the opportunity to prove that he will not be a freelancing liability. I am not sure I want him to automatically be given the lion's share of reps at that position.
If he's a liability against the run or anything for that matter, I imagine he'll play minimally. He needs to be effective in all components of the position. He should be aware of this, since he's not a rookie anymore.
Old 10-25-2022, 03:55 PM   #72
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

@BenStandig

No effin way id trade him for a second. No way.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 04:07 PM   #73
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

@BenStandig
If we aren’t going to sign him long term, jump on this immediately

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 04:11 PM   #74
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:

@BenStandig
If this team were 0-7 maybe they would consider it, but they are still in it, and could be .500 by Sunday evening. I just don't see them trading him unless they are blown away with an offer. He's too important to this defense. I doubt they would be willing to roll with Allen, Wise, Ridgeway, Bada at DT.

WJ3 though, I could see them trading him since he's pretty much been benched, but I am not sure what you could get for him, or if he is actually hurt - which would complicate that idea.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 05:21 PM   #75
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
If this team were 0-7 maybe they would consider it, but they are still in it, and could be .500 by Sunday evening. I just don't see them trading him unless they are blown away with an offer. He's too important to this defense. I doubt they would be willing to roll with Allen, Wise, Ridgeway, Bada at DT.

WJ3 though, I could see them trading him since he's pretty much been benched, but I am not sure what you could get for him, or if he is actually hurt - which would complicate that idea.
This.