Wild Card Weekend

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-19-2023, 04:21 PM   #256
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Wild Card Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
6 Out of the 8 QBs in this divisional round are 2nd round picks and up. 5 being in the first.

The odds of hitting on a QB in the 3rd and below are very slim. I think we need to bring in a QB to compete with SH and not just Heinicke if they re sign him
I want no part of Heinicke next year, especially if we are going with Howell as QB1.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-19-2023, 05:03 PM   #257
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
It is man, if Snyder doesn't sell I will stop being a fan. I really mean that
I'm right there with you. And I've been a fan since 1974.
Old 01-19-2023, 09:32 PM   #258
rocnrik
Playmaker

How about letting Sam play and find out .. Purdy sure looks good . Some of the highest draft picks have been the biggest flops .. Sam played one regular season game and we just so happened to kick our biggest rival butt!! He had one bad pass .. IF Taylor and Wentz got there chance Sam should damn well get his !
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 09:37 PM   #259
jamf
Pro Bowl

Waste a year to fuck around and find out?
I’m ok with Sam getting a shot but how about he wins the job in camp?
Keep drafting till you get it right.
Is Sam the guy? We don’t know so you keep drafting QBs.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 10:07 PM   #260
rocnrik
Playmaker

Who said anything about a year ?? We gave frickin wentz 28 million and a starting job BEFORE he ever played a down with us .We BLEW our chance at a Franchise QB when we took Young at number two …they were there for us .
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 10:10 PM   #261
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Who said anything about a year ?? We gave frickin wentz 28 million and a starting job BEFORE he ever played a down with us .We BLEW our chance at a Franchise QB when we took Young at number two …they were there for us .
This. Sadly. Love chase but jag until you prove it wrong.. and for what we could have drafted in comparison? Jag 🤷
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 01:21 PM   #262
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Waste a year to fuck around and find out?
I’m ok with Sam getting a shot but how about he wins the job in camp?
Keep drafting till you get it right.
Is Sam the guy? We don’t know so you keep drafting QBs.

That would be a sound strategy if we had a complete team, and unlimited picks. I hear you Jamf, but without an oline it doesn’t matter who plays quarterback. We also desperately need a mlb, and a shut down corner or said quarterback is going to need to put up 30 a game without an oline. I absolutely do not want to spend a first round pick on any of these guys coming out - especially after seeing a little bit of what Howell is capable of. Certainly don’t want a project in the second or third round either when there will be immediate impact players available at other positions. You want to get another guy in the fourth or fifth go ahead but Howell will beat him out. Build around Howell. If he flops next year at least we may have put together some semblance of a line and sured up the D. Than it will be much easier to spend an early pick on another quarterback. You can blame Ron for wasting money and resources on Wentz and completely fucking up the oline. He made terrible personnel decisions and that is why we are in this position. There is just no way we can reach on a quarterback with the other holes we have. It is an absolute silver lining we grabbed Howell in the fifth round. He is way better than a fifth round talent. Way better.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 02:03 PM   #263
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
This. Sadly. Love chase but jag until you prove it wrong.. and for what we could have drafted in comparison? Jag 🤷
I agree with this, but I'm getting a bit tired of the revisionist history with Herbert, which is who everyone keeps saying we should have gotten instead of Chase.

Had we've had the #1 overall pick and chose Chase instead of Burrow, I would agree with the sentiment. But during the draft process no one thought Herbert was worth in high draft pick.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 02:09 PM   #264
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
That would be a sound strategy if we had a complete team, and unlimited picks. I hear you Jamf, but without an oline it doesn’t matter who plays quarterback. We also desperately need a mlb, and a shut down corner or said quarterback is going to need to put up 30 a game without an oline. I absolutely do not want to spend a first round pick on any of these guys coming out - especially after seeing a little bit of what Howell is capable of. Certainly don’t want a project in the second or third round either when there will be immediate impact players available at other positions. You want to get another guy in the fourth or fifth go ahead but Howell will beat him out. Build around Howell. If he flops next year at least we may have put together some semblance of a line and sured up the D. Than it will be much easier to spend an early pick on another quarterback. You can blame Ron for wasting money and resources on Wentz and completely fucking up the oline. He made terrible personnel decisions and that is why we are in this position. There is just no way we can reach on a quarterback with the other holes we have. It is an absolute silver lining we grabbed Howell in the fifth round. He is way better than a fifth round talent. Way better.
I'm all for planning to go with Howell. I also do not want to use a 1st-4th round pick on a QB. Grab a Veteran FA and have a legit competition, but if it's close, roll with Howell...and yes, we have to seriously upgrade this O-line.

As far as the defense, they were top 10 in just about every statistical category last year. That is without Holcomb for most of the year. I'm all for upgrading the LB position, but I don't think it was as much a liability as we all thought it would be. For me, the #1 priority for the defense this off season is figuring out how to bring back Payne, and the #2 priority is finding an elite CB.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 03:15 PM   #265
SunnySide
Playmaker

Herbert draft talk is funny ... 90% of the fans were convinced Haskins was "the guy" at that time

Now 90% of the fans think (checks notes) 5th rounder Sam Howell is "the guy" and we shouldnt draft a QB in the first round

In 3 years, 90% of the fans will say we should have drafted QB X in the first round of the 2023 draft

----

Draft a QB in the 1st round if a QB w a 1st round grade falls to you

Trade up to get one of the 4 1st round grade QBs

Draft quarterbacks ... draft them in the 1st round, 4th round or the 9th round. Just draft them.
Old 01-20-2023, 07:13 PM   #266
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Herbert draft talk is funny ... 90% of the fans were convinced Haskins was "the guy" at that time

Now 90% of the fans think (checks notes) 5th rounder Sam Howell is "the guy" and we shouldnt draft a QB in the first round

In 3 years, 90% of the fans will say we should have drafted QB X in the first round of the 2023 draft

----

Draft a QB in the 1st round if a QB w a 1st round grade falls to you

Trade up to get one of the 4 1st round grade QBs

Draft quarterbacks ... draft them in the 1st round, 4th round or the 9th round. Just draft them.
Even when we get our stud qb of the future on a rookie deal we still need to draft qb's - just not with anything earlier than a 3rd rounder.
Old 01-20-2023, 07:39 PM   #267
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Wild Card Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I'm all for planning to go with Howell. I also do not want to use a 1st-4th round pick on a QB. Grab a Veteran FA and have a legit competition, but if it's close, roll with Howell...and yes, we have to seriously upgrade this O-line.

As far as the defense, they were top 10 in just about every statistical category last year. That is without Holcomb for most of the year. I'm all for upgrading the LB position, but I don't think it was as much a liability as we all thought it would be. For me, the #1 priority for the defense this off season is figuring out how to bring back Payne, and the #2 priority is finding an elite CB.

Yeah ilb is not as important but id love to have a difference maker there. It is so important. Someone who can cover tight ends!

Oh and yeah they better bring back Payne. We gotta alot of dead weight to get rid of and it should work out fine.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote